Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?

just share some info guys...

another salt?

http://rapidberry.net/will-rim-annou...+(Rapid+Berry)

i am sure there will be a bigger "playbook" down the line but i highly doubt we will see it this soon.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Unless RIM has somehow found away to stop all hardware leaks, I think we've pretty much seen what we're gonna see in 4 days already.

I think the big surprises are going to be software based.
    robitaille93 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Re: [ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    Unless RIM has somehow found away to stop all hardware leaks, I think we've pretty much seen what we're gonna see in 4 days already.
    I have the same thought... this doesn't seem to be RIM's normal habbit...
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post

I think the big surprises are going to be software based.
    I personally think RIM is going to focus on the phones on January 30 and not announce the new tablet yet. but with that being said I believe the day the original playbook was announced it was unexpected so it could happen again with no leaks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    12,252 Global Posts

Default Re: [ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?

I don't know, Rim has a lot going on , not saying it won't happen before end of year, but now is way to soon.
    CrackBerry Genius

Well, we know the 10' Black Forest was in the pipelines for a while. It could be announced for a summer release?
    CrackBerry Genius

Every time I listen to Thorsten mentions tablets, he says they have low profit margin and need to be tied to services. Unless RIM comes up with a way of making money off tablets, I highly doubt we'll see a 10" tablet.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Given how much it cost them to produce the Playbook, I doubt we will see another tablet any time soon.
    They took enough of a bloodbath on that one device and how low on cash they are, I don't think they are eager to repeat that event.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,329 Global Posts

I think that if they were smart they would wait and see how BB10 does on the current PB. If people are liking it they can release a new model, if not they have to get back to the drawing board and think of what the new tablet should be like.
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    mount.zed likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

All leaks are controlled leak...otherwise rim can ask youtube and other media remove the,. Leaks are what RIM wants to show us, to get us excited. Gorrila marketing. I m sure RIM still keeping some secrets and those secrets are not leacked. Based on RIM's atitude they seem to be very confident
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Feb - Z10
    March - X10,BB10 on PlayBook
    May - 10" PlayBook with LTE, Curve Series
    August - October - Aristo, High end X series, 7" PlayBook 2
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Proud Owner of PlayBook WiFi 32 16 GB
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    toneytone likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    i am sure there will be a bigger "playbook" down the line but i highly doubt we will see it this soon.
    You dont think 2 years after the first one came out is early enough to announce a new one?
    CrackBerry Genius

Tablets can sneak past leaks because they dont need the same testing unless they have data plans. If its a wifi tablet it can stay completely internal.
    mrfreeze likes this.
  15. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    You dont think 2 years after the first one came out is early enough to announce a new one?
    Time is not the problem, it's the fact that the Playbook was a financial bomb - RIM will need to be really really convinced that they can make money off a new one before we ever see it. The way to do that is to have a really really successful BB10 launch that rebuilds the brand.
    Last edited by cgk; 01-27-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    md03wx (01-27-2013),  ontherock3 (01-27-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    I think he means too close to the BB10 release. I doubt RIM would want anything distracting from their BB10 PHONE launch. If they mention Tablets people will be reminded of how badly the PlayBook turned out, & will start doubting the new Phones.

......on a side note, I LOVE my PB. I just used it tonight to do some courses for work. I could do them on my computer, but I prefer a combination of PB & PC My PB has been invaluable to me over the past 2 years...especially since PB OS2 was released.
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (01-27-2013) 
    howarmat likes this.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    20,195 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

I really think they need to get the Z10 and the X10 out the door in a near flawless launch. THEN give the PB a separate launch, once adoption of BB10 is secured and consumers have a change to give it good buzz and BB sales increase. Then you would have an "as seen on our new phones" kind of effect.

For me, I would not this launch marred by memories from the disastrous reception consumers gave the PB.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by 2:
    DJM626 (01-27-2013),  howarmat (01-27-2013) 
    Rello, howarmat, dscsayers and 5 others like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B7B5318

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I really think they need to get the Z10 and the X10 out the door in a near flawless launch. THEN give the PB a separate launch, once adoption of BB10 is secured and consumers have a change to give it good buzz and BB sales increase. Then you would have an "as seen on our new phones" kind of effect.

For me, I would not this launch marred by memories from the disastrous reception consumers gave the PB.
    As much as I'd love to see a new 7" playbook with upgraded hardware, you make an excellent point. I for one will be perfectly happy if this launch focuses specifically on BB10 and the devices running it
    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    BB12MX likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

They might announce and say its' coming in may. Who knows
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

Remember that the vast majority of the population has no idea the PlayBook even exists. Every time I use mine on a plane, in a meeting, at the airport, I get people asking me what it is. When I tell them, the answer is always "BlackBerry makes a tablet?" - including from BB users.

In order for the new phones to compete, they have to be presented as part of an ecosystem. That includes a tablet. Buy an iPhone and it seamlessly works with your iPad. Buy a WP8 and it seamlessly works with your Surface. Buy an Android phone and ... You get the point. Buy a BB10 phone and ??? That's it? Just the phone? How do I use my tablet (that I haven't bought yet) with it?

People like buying things that match. BB10 has to be able to compete, and excel, at the ecosystem level. A competent pair of phone/tablet is, unfortunately, the minimum requirement to enter the contest these days.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    I think he means too close to the BB10 release. I doubt RIM would want anything distracting from their BB10 PHONE launch. If they mention Tablets people will be reminded of how badly the PlayBook turned out, & will start doubting the new Phones.

......on a side note, I LOVE my PB. I just used it tonight to do some courses for work. I could do them on my computer, but I prefer a combination of PB & PC My PB has been invaluable to me over the past 2 years...especially since PB OS2 was released.
    Too close to the BB10 release? BB10 is a new platform, not a phone. RIM needs to show their new platform off in all capacities.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ever hear the phrase "World's best mobile computing platform"? Pretty hard to do any computing on a phone. I'm expecting a big tablet on Wed.
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-28-2013) 
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Black Forrest was scheduled for a Q3 launch per the leaked road map. The road map also suggest it will be a 128 gig. What would something like that sell for?
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    I agree! I think it's still too early for this. But can't wait for the next release. New specs and still hoping for an 8MP rear camera. lols
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

people will soon learn. the device follows the SDK, for the next year at least.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    howarmat and dentynefire like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast