Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree55Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Ben Parr works for CNET not CNBC, right? He should stick to telling us about tech not trying to analyze past company performance. As anyone knows about the stock market, its not where the stock has been but where it is going. Its all about future earnings and growth, not past performance
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Oh for the love of reading comprehension! When the writer wrote "I hope not", he wasn't hoping for RIM to fail. Look at the rhetorical question that he was replying to. He is hoping that no one should expect on RIM regaining former glory or else they would risk disappointment.
    I don't think anyone interpreted it that way either. Everyone who brought that quote up is asking why would you "hope" no one should expect RIM to regain itself? If RIM puts out another inferior product, no one will be disappointed except those with jobs in Waterloo. The consumer market will just move on to phones they like.

Therefore, that quote comes across as extremely immature for someone who might be writing to be taken seriously. These are tech companies available to every consumer, not football teams. He also did not present a compelling case for someone to risk disappointment either. The size of an R & D department is leagues less important than the talent you have within them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Article: "RIM/BB10 is the future/No stopping BlackBerry". CB Fans: "What a great article"
    Article: "RIM/BB10 won't help. They already lost too much". CB Fans: "Wow, what a stupid, biased article" etc.
    Conclusion, either praise BB10 or get off.
    Thanked by:
    Saiga (11-24-2012) 
    Saiga likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Adva_ View Post
    Article: "RIM/BB10 is the future/No stopping BlackBerry". CB Fans: "What a great article"
    Article: "RIM/BB10 won't help. They already lost too much". CB Fans: "Wow, what a stupid, biased article" etc.
    If you are going to mark the doom of something no one has had in their hands yet, you have to make a compelling case as to why. These anectdotal arguments indicating there is some sort of time limit on new products, or a market that is static and stuck on two companies for forever don't cut it.

Talk about the new OS compared to others. Talk about the economies RIM is strong and weak in compared to others. Talk about what RIM has planned for app selection for the new OS compared to others.

In other words, make your arguments make sense, or be rightfully ridiculed.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Default Another Bias Article on BB10

This article is total crap. How can they call that news????
    Loving my Z10!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: Another Bias Article on BB10

Quote Originally Posted by Justthecrack View Post
    If you are going to mark the doom of something no one has had in their hands yet, you have to make a compelling case as to why. These anectdotal arguments indicating there is some sort of time limit on new products, or a market that is static and stuck on two companies for forever don't cut it.

Talk about the new OS compared to others. Talk about the economies RIM is strong and weak in compared to others. Talk about what RIM has planned for app selection for the new OS compared to others.

In other words, make your arguments make sense, or be rightfully ridiculed.
    New os is not much better than others it's slighty different..
    Economies needed to be strong in: ALL of them
    Plans: irrelevant
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    New os is not much better than others it's slighty different..
    Economies needed to be strong in: ALL of them
    Plans: irrelevant
    Jesus feck, man. Can you p-p-p-p-please just stop trolling.

This is ground control to major tom
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sydsam View Post
    Jesus feck, man. Can you p-p-p-p-please just stop trolling.

This is ground control to major tom
    Pot meet kettle?

If you think he's a troll, why keep feeding him?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adva_ View Post
    Thats not the problem the ''Techsperts'' are calling things DOA before it even out and without testing the product.They give no solid reasoning behind these DOA claims or insinuations.They also do not seem to do research on the number of BB users many looking to upgrade ,the work RIMS put in with developers and so forth.

These tech writers are suppose to be well infromed journalist in the tech world yet they post opinions like regular street joe who does'nt do research goes by what he see's and hearsay.So to post articles like some blog spots have is poor journalisim how can an editor even sign off on it.Dont underestimate these tech writers they have alot of influence these guys could create negative association and serious damage to brands.

Some of these post about BB10 have been poor journalism. As a tech bloggers,tech enthusiasttech lovers they should be welcoming all new tech and software to the the game welcoming reinventions and innovations.They should also be neutral until doing full review of products not posting like regular street joe thats the problem.

RIM has gone about its business and used teh publicity to its advatage so its all good.
    Thanked by:
    Umedon (11-25-2012) 
    Umedon and Thunderbuck like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Pot meet kettle?

If you think he's a troll, why keep feeding him?
    Fair enough, my bad.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Some of these post about BB10 have been poor journalism. As a tech bloggers,tech enthusiast tech lovers they should be welcoming all new tech and software to the the game welcoming reinventions and innovations.They should also be neutral until doing full review of products not posting like regular street joe thats the problem.
    I don't think you get the whole concept of "blogging." Blogging isn't journalism, nor is it meant to be impartial. The whole point of blogging is to actually have a "street joe" opinion and elicit responses. Blogs almost always leave space for commentary. If you disagree with the blogger, you leave a comment to the contrary. The most read blogs in the past year were political blogs, and believe me, very very few of them make any effort to try to be impartial and the vast majority are flat out biased and basically insult the other side.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,471 Global Posts

Default Another Bias Article on BB10

well its clear the writer of that article has an agenda. i wonder if people of those positions get a little "gift" for writing things like that. i mean im sure apple/android producers are directly paying or giving out free devices...but there are always ways to influence.

Just a thought.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Curve 8300 then....Q10 now

Music/Film/Tech
    Banned

Anyone who writes anything against BB is 'bias'
    Anyone who writes anything good about RIM is 'visionary' and 'excellent'.

That sums it up, right?

Remember, these are opinions! Are we seriously going to open an indignant thread for every single uncomplimentary article about RIM/BB10?
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (11-25-2012) 
    mikeo007 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

I would think we make a super-thread about all negative BB10 articles and a second thread of positive BB10 articles and come back next Thanksgiving to discuss/analyze these threads.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post

That sums it up, right?
    In addition, analysts who are bullish on the stock are fair and impartial, the others obviously have an agenda and are short RIMM.
  16. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Remember all those articles predicting RIM will be history by the end of this year? Lol
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Remember all those articles predicting RIM will be history by the end of this year? Lol
    No do you have links to any I'd like to refresh my memory plz
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post

That sums it up, right?

Remember, these are opinions! Are we seriously going to open an indignant thread for every single uncomplimentary article about RIM/BB10?
    Again, you are trying to dumb down everything to fit your own biased narrative. There is a way to write a negative article on why you think anything will fail, but that woudl entail proper research, empirical evidence, actually talking about the leaked features of the OS and you think the public will respond, etc., etc., etc.,. Instead, what we have here is the opposite, very lazy blogging.

If you want to write a very lazy negative blog, then be prepared to be taken to task on it. What's wrong with that?
    Bobcat665 and silversun10 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
    I love this assertion from the article: "Hype also seems to be building around the BlackBerry 10, though its status as a relic really hasn't changed in the tech industry." The antecedent of "its" can only be BB10, so calling it a relic two months before release is some pretty fancy time-warping.
    The article writer is obviously Q.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    The article writer is obviously Q.
    Pfft, John De Lancie doesn't use phones. His voice is too amazing to be converted into a signal and transmitted.

Global Posts
    5,283 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    No do you have links to any I'd like to refresh my memory plz
    There were several posts here that doubted that RIM would survive long enough to introduce BB10. There were also analyst reports that suggested the same, including from the illustrious Mr. Misek at Jeffries.

Global Posts
    30,818 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Moved to News Rumors
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mathking606 View Post
    I just wanted to share another article that is very negative and bias......

Well let me know what you feel about this article by posting a comment below.
    Aww, C'mon!!!
    For the love of the one above....
    Can we please stop looking for and posting these negative articles here!?!?
    I'm sure there has to be something positive about RIM that someone can find to post here.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    silversun10 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justthecrack View Post
    Again, you are trying to dumb down everything to fit your own biased narrative. There is a way to write a negative article on why you think anything will fail, but that woudl entail proper research, empirical evidence, actually talking about the leaked features of the OS and you think the public will respond, etc., etc., etc.,. Instead, what we have here is the opposite, very lazy blogging.

If you want to write a very lazy negative blog, then be prepared to be taken to task on it. What's wrong with that?
    Yay! Now I'm biased, eh?

If you won't task people who post positive articles or threads without any 'empirical evidence' or 'proper research', why get all hot and bothered about a 'negative article'?

I suggest you seek more joyful things in life to enjoy if a random blogger can easily get you this upset by merely professing his personal opinion!

Now I feel inclined to 'take you to task' since you accuse me of being biased with no 'proper research' and 'empirical facts'...simply lazy commenting!

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by allengeorge View Post
    • Their customer base is increasingly price-conscious and concentrated on prepaid/lower-tier plans (not a fun part of the market for RIM)
    This is not a fun part, but a controlled part.
    Objectives are :
    1. Flush the current carriers stock of former devices (today, RIM ships LESS than carriers sell : read Chris article abt this)
    2. Keep the number of subscribers as high as possible
    3. Keep a strong position in emerging markets (the very near future big market). On that topic, remember mid and low range BB10 devices are due [pinch of salt here] 6 months after launch. I do believe BB10 on mid/low range devices will be astonishing: who can compete ?
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12