Default Android to takeover Business Market

7.1.0.391-Finally have mobile hot spot. Welcome to 2010 RIMM

Torch 9810|Samsung Galaxy S4 |iPhone 5S|Nexus 7 Tablet |iPod 32gb
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

I'm not adverse to Android offerings as long as they plug up the holes in their swiss cheese of an OS. A tasty one for sure with all you can do on it, but is an IT/Security nightmare.

Article itself:

"There was time, not so long ago, when the innovative RIM device dominated the business market, but in today's mobile-drive world, the Blackberry is being pushed out by more advanced smartphones.

The Financial Times recently switched their emailing system to Gmail, and managing director Rob Grimshaw gave up his Blackberry for an Android device that let him seamlessly transition his workflow.

During our IGNITION 2012 conference, Grimshaw explained why switching to a Google-powered phone has convinced him that Google is well positioned to take over the business market that Blackberry once held.

"Google are placing themselves very well within the business market because the combination of the email services and the Android devices is really very powerful and it's perhaps something that Apple doesn't have to the same extent.""
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Houshinto View Post
    I'm not adverse to Android offerings as long as they plug up the holes in their swiss cheese of an OS. A tasty one for sure with all you can do on it, but is an IT/Security nightmare.

Article itself:

"There was time, not so long ago, when the innovative RIM device dominated the business market, but in today's mobile-drive world, the Blackberry is being pushed out by more advanced smartphones.

The Financial Times recently switched their emailing system to Gmail, and managing director Rob Grimshaw gave up his Blackberry for an Android device that let him seamlessly transition his workflow.

During our IGNITION 2012 conference, Grimshaw explained why switching to a Google-powered phone has convinced him that Google is well positioned to take over the business market that Blackberry once held.

"Google are placing themselves very well within the business market because the combination of the email services and the Android devices is really very powerful and it's perhaps something that Apple doesn't have to the same extent.""
    Exactly! Android is the wild, wild west with respect to security, Apps on Google Play have malware. They need to tighten things up,
    7.1.0.391-Finally have mobile hot spot. Welcome to 2010 RIMM

Torch 9810|Samsung Galaxy S4 |iPhone 5S|Nexus 7 Tablet |iPod 32gb
    southlander likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,038 Global Posts

Anyone else find that article kind of lame on details as to why Android is so well positioned for the business market?

Logic:

- Financial Times switched to gmail.
    - Android phones work well with Gmail
    - Voila - Android to take over business market!

Most Android fanboys I know could come up with better arguments than this silly piece.
    CrackBerry Addict

... and then came BB10!

Funny how another article I read today basically says that BlackBerry should win back the business market thanks to BB10 / BB Balance / BES 10.

Android's security flaws, however pretty the phones are, are part of the reason I believe they will not gain a strangle hold in the business market... if they can tighten that up [a LOT], they might be in with a chance.

Si.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Anyone else find that article kind of lame on details as to why Android is so well positioned for the business market?

Logic:

- Financial Times switched to gmail.
    - Android phones work well with Gmail
    - Voila - Android to take over business market!

Most Android fanboys I know could come up with better arguments than this silly piece.
    What I find "entertaining" (not annoying) is lemmings-like nature of the press. To be fair RIM is benefiting from it some with the good BB10 press .. so far. I don't know maybe it's just me. But it seems like Apple is king. Now Apple is on its way out and Android is king. Read an article that just read -- Google is now Microsoft. The platform war is over and Apple lost just like in PCs. Or something to that effect.

Point being -- Apple is doing well in the enterprise according to what I see when interacting with vendors and business associates. They all have iPhones. Android is bound to make some inroads as well.

Well maybe it's just possible that multiple companies and platforms will have room to thrive in the near future. RIM included.