- 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM #2
"There was time, not so long ago, when the innovative RIM device dominated the business market, but in today's mobile-drive world, the Blackberry is being pushed out by more advanced smartphones.
The Financial Times recently switched their emailing system to Gmail, and managing director Rob Grimshaw gave up his Blackberry for an Android device that let him seamlessly transition his workflow.
During our IGNITION 2012 conference, Grimshaw explained why switching to a Google-powered phone has convinced him that Google is well positioned to take over the business market that Blackberry once held.
"Google are placing themselves very well within the business market because the combination of the email services and the Android devices is really very powerful and it's perhaps something that Apple doesn't have to the same extent.""
- Torch 9810|Samsung Galaxy S4 |iPhone 6
- 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM #4
Anyone else find that article kind of lame on details as to why Android is so well positioned for the business market?
- Financial Times switched to gmail.
- Android phones work well with Gmail
- Voila - Android to take over business market!
Most Android fanboys I know could come up with better arguments than this silly piece.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-13-2012, 04:02 PM #5
- 572 Posts
... and then came BB10!
Funny how another article I read today basically says that BlackBerry should win back the business market thanks to BB10 / BB Balance / BES 10.
Android's security flaws, however pretty the phones are, are part of the reason I believe they will not gain a strangle hold in the business market... if they can tighten that up [a LOT], they might be in with a chance.
- 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM #6
Point being -- Apple is doing well in the enterprise according to what I see when interacting with vendors and business associates. They all have iPhones. Android is bound to make some inroads as well.
Well maybe it's just possible that multiple companies and platforms will have room to thrive in the near future. RIM included.
- By rhonskie in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 02-22-2012, 12:26 AM
- By destro23 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 8Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:31 AM
- By clementer in forum IntroductionsReplies: 8Last Post: 10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
- By lanzador49 in forum AT&TReplies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2008, 11:07 AM
- By curvey77 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2008, 09:19 AM