Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default All This New Stuff Coming - Where's my Storm?

All these wonderful leaks - New Curve - New Dakota or Apollo or whatever - good to know - but if the rumor is true that the "Monaco" is in "production" then where the heck are the "official" leaks? Specs? Carrier? CDMA? GSM? Both?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts

Yeah.. great... new phones!!! oh... GSM... GSM... GSM..... where are the CDMA Verizon leaks!??? S3 PLEASE!!

Global Posts
    32,062 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    Yeah.. great... new phones!!! oh... GSM... GSM... GSM..... where are the CDMA Verizon leaks!??? S3 PLEASE!!
    Repiort to your Verizon retailer where you will be assimilated by the Goorg. Resistance is futile.

I know, it's terrible, but I've talked with 4 longtime Verizon customers that feel like they've been orphaned, lately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-13-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

A Monaco forum was accessible in the rumored handsets section...but only for a moment :-(
    It's always darkest just before dawn.

running stock .1015
    CrackBerry User

This is the same thing I was thinking. Not a Storm necessarily but something CDMA!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

It has been said by people in the know (like Salomandrin) that RIM is being extra careful about keeping the next version of the Storm a secret. They don't want it being left in a bar or anything...lol! But, it is apparently coming.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I can feel it coming soon!!!!! When the phone is finally let out of the bag there will be a huge party!!!!

I really like the phones that were shown today - Dakota, Curve, and Torch 2, but none are CMDA no VERIZON!!!!!

Well i actually would not buy a Curve but the Dakota was nice and the Torch 2 would have been awesome.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

Amen! Where the heck is S3?!
    8900 -> 9700 -> 9810 -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Lumia 920
    Crackberry Marketplace Feedback | Follow me: @apalm8

Banned

Global Posts
    17,485 Global Posts

If there's an S3 why *wouldnt RIM want to leak some info to keep people interested and excited?

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

No Sheeit. The iphone is coming 'round the corner to my Verizon store. I need a reason to wait for BB but I'm getting SQUAT from RIM. If they deek around much longer I'm gone.

CrackBerry Abuser

Cool They better let a leak out

Quote Originally Posted by chrisy520 View Post
    If there's an S3 why *wouldnt RIM want to leak some info to keep people interested and excited?

I have been waiting along time with others for this rumored storm 3 (still have storm 1) but I am starting to think every rumor was BS, with peoples excitment for this storm 3 going way to the droid and soon the Iphone RIM better let a crediable leak out before they loose even more verizon customers to the droid, iphone and win7 I was going to upgrade before Jan. 16 to keep the last new every two but I'm gonna wait till the 4G phones are given a relaease date if RIM has no storm 3 for me then its by by RIM
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisy520 View Post

There are tons of unanswered questions regarding RIM. Why did they do this?? Why didn't they do that?? What are they doing??
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,648 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Isn't the Monaco the S3? If it is, it seems to be further along in production and being ready than the Apollo, Dakoto and Torch 2.

I'm pretty sure that image we saw a WHILE back was the Monaco/S3, and if so, that is the only REAL image of a new device (the other 3 are just computerized images).

So, I'm sure that if CDMA is coming and if all of these new OS 6.1 devices are real, the Monaco/S3 will be the first.

I'm WISHING for March!!
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts

I cant figure out why VZW keeps trying to get me to upgrade?? Im not eligible according to contract... till July?? Yet in the last few days I have gotten 3 calls and now 2 flyers saying that I can upgrade to a new 9650 or Curve... (special discount for current BB owners... or to a droid form like $150. Are they trying to push equipment out before something else like the iphone is coming?

its starting to annoy me!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

You make a great point. If the S3 pics we seen a while back and the pics from today were generated then we should see the "Monaco" soon!

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    Isn't the Monaco the S3? If it is, it seems to be further along in production and being ready than the Apollo, Dakoto and Torch 2.

I'm pretty sure that image we saw a WHILE back was the Monaco/S3, and if so, that is the only REAL image of a new device (the other 3 are just computerized images).

So, I'm sure that if CDMA is coming and if all of these new OS 6.1 devices are real, the Monaco/S3 will be the first.

I'm WISHING for March!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

If you're impatient, then you need to please PlEaSe wait until a concept device is leaked, as some already have. Patience is the best way to do it. No offense.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Default BlackBerry Storm 3 Rumors Rise Again – Headed to Production?

Just popped up at berryreview.com more chatter in the pipeline, take it with a grain of salt.

BlackBerry Storm 3 Rumors Rise Again – Headed to Production? - BerryReview

After we leaked a picture of one of the BlackBerry Storm 3 prototypes the rumors about the device started getting confusing. Now the team at N4BB have heard from one of their tipsters that the Storm 3 may be finally headed to production. It is still codenamed the BlackBerry Monaco and rumor has it that SurePress is gone for good. The 1Ghz processor is still rumored to be included but it might sport a horizontal keyboard instead of the vertical one on the Torch. This would round out the leaks we have been hearing about all the other device lines other than the Pearl getting a refresh and add yet another form factor for RIM.

This is definitely turning out to be an interesting week for RIM leaks. I know Verizon users really need a new BlackBerry so hopefully they will be getting a new Storm along with other devices soon.
    Last edited by espresso1967; 01-14-2011 at 05:19 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

SurePress gone for good?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Ball Wizard!!!

Even after the new rumors of the S3 .......... as a storm 2 owner, I still feel a little left out in the cold. I was hoping for state of the art hardware and a fresh OS. Not year old hardware and a band aid OS.
    Peace is more than just the absence of conflict......
    If you find yourself arguing with me, don't worry. It happens to everybody.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

And I'm just sick and tired of the way this unfolds. I'm an original Verizon Storm owner, and I've I'm tired of waiting for "leaks" and "hints" as my source of information. RIM is far behind and falling further behind every week. They are bleeding out North American customers to the Fruit and Robot platforms. They need to tell us Verizon customers officially and NOW what we can expect in the near future and why we should stick around. I might have been happy with the latest leaked "Monaco" except that it's too far out in the future - they upped the power drain and downsized the battery, and with OS6 app support will be dismal. All that remains for me is to figure which other platform will work best with a 7" tablet - and then I'm probably gone. I might get a Playbook, but I suspect there will be enough other tablets releasing soon to make me forget about that too.
    CrackBerry User

So even the Storm 3 is rumored to be a GSM phone? And even if it is a CDMA phone and ends up on Verizon what about the Verizon customers who don't want a full touch screen BB? Can we get a new BlackBerry with last years specs please? I'm not happy that BB is still behind the curve, but I'm trying to upgrade from my 2 year old Tour (and the Bold 9650 isn't enough). So one of these new phones will tickle my fancy, if only they were made for my carrier. I'm feeling really alienated right now.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

I am hoping this is CDMA and GSM...then everyone can be happy
    8900 -> 9700 -> 9810 -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Lumia 920
    Crackberry Marketplace Feedback | Follow me: @apalm8

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts

The latest is that it is in productionand we will see the s3 in the spring and not the fall

CrackBerry Abuser

You are correct, sort of, by this I mean a new touch screen device will be released in the spring. But the Storm series is DEAD!!! No more Storms, no more SurePress. The new touch screen device will be awesome, with spec's to match or exceed anything out there. We'll finally get to see what the purchase of TAT has done for the UI. Get ready to have your "socks knocked off" by this incredible marvel of engineering and software development. No QNX, but OS 6.1.
    Between this and the Playbook, the RIM bashers should be getting appetites ready to eat "humble pie".

OK....Bash away, I can take it
    Thanked by:
    mover23 (01-18-2011) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laserx View Post
    You are correct, sort of, by this I mean a new touch screen device will be released in the spring. But the Storm series is DEAD!!! No more Storms, no more SurePress. The new touch screen device will be awesome, with spec's to match or exceed anything out there. We'll finally get to see what the purchase of TAT has done for the UI. Get ready to have your "socks knocked off" by this incredible marvel of engineering and software development. No QNX, but OS 6.1.
    Between this and the Playbook, the RIM bashers should be getting appetites ready to eat "humble pie".

OK....Bash away, I can take it
    And how do you know TAT has done anything yet? It took RIM a year to release the Torch/OS 6 after they bought Torch Mobile (brought Web-kit to BBOS).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast