Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. jorGeorge's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,703 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default 8330 Out of Stock - Niagara on the way?

    Just saw this over at BGR. He seems to think that this is a sign of the Niagara making its way into the Verizon lineup. Thoughts?

    Bye, Bye Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Curve 8330 : Boy Genius Report
  2. Runell A's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I don't think it means anything. Like someone said on the comments; "...phones go out of stock all the time"

    A few months ago, the Pearl was impossible to find. For a good 2 months, you could not pick up a Pearl. Trying to send away for a replacement meant you had to wait atleast the 2 months. Now we have Pearls out the yin yang... Pretty sure it's the same thing that's happening now.

    Also doesn't the Niagara replace the 8830 in the CDMA lineup? The 8830 has been out and reached end of life(north of the border) for a while now....

    But hey here's hoping I'm wrong and we CDMA users get a new phone.... with buttons
  3. jreif27's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Just talked to a sprint rep and they said that they will have a new BB by the end of the month, but did not know which one?
    Could it be!!!!!
  4. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Hmm, maybe maybe not. They say this phone is suppose to drop on Verizon in May.

    Or they could just ran out of stock like the other one said. But who would want that phone.
  5. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    But wait, isn't Verizon suppose to the new CDMA version Bold...
    Or is that the same phone? This is the one I'm confused on.
    Last edited by blueberry15; 02-11-2009 at 08:11 PM.
  6. Garz's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    8,845 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,206 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Just remember... BGR is probably the most unreliable place to get info. Very rarely are they correct. Yes the Niagra is coming, but I dont think it will be that soon.
  7. Crucial_Xtreme's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,119 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Actually, this is one of the few times I agree with BGR. But don't blow "soon" out of proportion. Soon could mean a few different things.
  8. Garz's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    8,845 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,206 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    Actually, this is one of the few times I agree with BGR. But don't blow "soon" out of proportion. Soon could mean a few different things.
    yeah I dont see you agree with them that often
  9. sam123gil's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,047 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    Station
    #9  

    Default

    I hope it's true. I can't wait for a new phone. Don't get me wrong I love my Curve 8330, but want something different.
  10. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    Actually, this is one of the few times I agree with BGR. But don't blow "soon" out of proportion. Soon could mean a few different things.
    CX that's a shocker, usually you say they have no idea what their talking about. ;p. But I wanna know what's with Verizon getting the Niagara when they just got a new one not that long ago? I don't think the Storm sales were bad.
  11. Nyisles84's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueberry15 View Post
    CX that's a shocker, usually you say they have no idea what their talking about. ;p. But I wanna know what's with Verizon getting the Niagara when they just got a new one not that long ago? I don't think the Storm sales were bad.
    storm sales and niagara sales are 2 different targeted users. Sure there will be come overlap, but shouldn't be too much
  12. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyisles84 View Post
    storm sales and niagara sales are 2 different targeted users. Sure there will be come overlap, but shouldn't be too much
    Oh okay. The "Niagara" isn't a touchscreen at least as far as I know, so that wouldn't appeal to the Storm owners. It all makes sense now.
  13. jdoc77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Am I the only one that finds it funny that there is a female aphrodesiac drink that is a play on the word Viagra called Niagra?

    Niagra: chick phone?

    Clever canadians...
    It could be the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
  14. Mr. Marco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I think they should skip on the Bold and go straight to whatever the new Curve model will be in their lineup.
    Yes Dude! Yes Dude! Yes Dude!
  15. Banus's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I hope VZW releases the CDMA Bold / 9030 / Niagra or whatever it's being called, soon. Maybe this is a sign. not getting my hopes up though
  16. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banus View Post
    I hope VZW releases the CDMA Bold / 9030 / Niagra or whatever it's being called, soon. Maybe this is a sign. not getting my hopes up though
    Well, CX did agree with this. But he said don't think "soon" is really soon, it can mean a lot.
  17. fetus8's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    30333722
    #17  

    Default

    Honestly I don't think VZW is getting a new BB soon. T-Mob just got the 8900, I just think it would be too soon. The only reason it went out of stock is because of the BOGO sale. I bet the pearl will go out too.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fetus8 View Post
    Honestly I don't think VZW is getting a new BB soon. T-Mob just got the 8900, I just think it would be too soon. The only reason it went out of stock is because of the BOGO sale. I bet the pearl will go out too.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think, yeah the whole BOGO sale might of sped up the process, but I don't think that's the whole reason. And a few really reliable sources did say that the "Niagara" will come to Verizon.
  19. fetus8's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    30333722
    #19  

    Default

    I think before we see the "Niagara" on VZW, we will see the pearl flip. I bet the new curve or bold will show up in april, at the soonest.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fetus8 View Post
    I think before we see the "Niagara" on VZW, we will see the pearl flip. I bet the new curve or bold will show up in april, at the soonest.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah we might actually see the new pearl flip, because of the spy photos of the Verizon branded flip. Test device? Also I don't think April. May or later.
  21. fetus8's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    30333722
    #21  

    Default

    Exactly, we haven't had any real evidence of a new one, but we have had pics of a test device. They only reason I said maybe april is because VZW's lineup is getting kinda boring. But definately possible later.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. ausch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,331 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fetus8 View Post
    Exactly, we haven't had any real evidence of a new one, but we have had pics of a test device. They only reason I said maybe april is because VZW's lineup is getting kinda boring. But definately possible later.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    With the "Niagara" there really hasn't been an actual picture, we just seen that crappy picture where it looks maroon.

  23. FuturaxLabs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    568 Posts
    PIN
    4028FBE3
    #23  

    Default

    The Niagara is def coming to verizon but i dont think that has anything to do with the 8330 being out of stock. Verizon has a BOGO sale going on so that most likely has something to do with it. I also thought the 9030 would be replacing the 8830, which to me is still an amazing device. But i highly doubt the 9030 will be coming anytime within the next 2 months, it will be slightly longer.
    Blackberry isn't just a phone it's a LIFESTYLE!!!
  24. lostmarine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me
    #24  

    Default

    I bet the pearl flip comes before the "bold" on verizon too. I was talking to a rep for about 2 hours and he slipped and mentioned he heard they will get the flip soon they just don't know when. My guess after the sale.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  25. chalupacabra's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    PIN
    Negative Ghost Rider
    #25  

    Default

    BGR is absolutely wrong. Nothing new coming anytime soon.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be very painful if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions