Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By needforbbx
  • 1 Post By owadkelly
  1. Harry_III_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default 6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10

    Nothing we don't know - but nice to see some larger screen shots ;-)

    6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10 - Slideshow from PCMag.com
  2. Cesare21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    489 Posts
    PIN
    K Ink Wink
    #2  

    Default

    The interesting part is the BB balance slide (#5). That screenshot is kinda new (to me at least). The screen behind the pop-up shows hints of the legacy OS too (I reckon it's written frequent on left bottom corner just below the wipe part). I don't know how legit that screenshot is, although it could be 100% legit. On the wiping part, it looks like there's no coverage and no wifi too - meaning the admin wipe on the balance feature is pushed out and the user has no option but to hit ok. This part looks solid to me.

    The desktop icon below the pop up is new too. I don't know how it's there and how it's managed. Do we have a desktop kind of a view in BB10 perhaps with shortcuts and such?
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

    -- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
  3. bmantz65's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cesare21 View Post
    The interesting part is the BB balance slide (#5). That screenshot is kinda new (to me at least). The screen behind the pop-up shows hints of the legacy OS too (I reckon it's written frequent on left bottom corner just below the wipe part). I don't know how legit that screenshot is, although it could be 100% legit. On the wiping part, it looks like there's no coverage and no wifi too - meaning the admin wipe on the balance feature is pushed out and the user has no option but to hit ok. This part looks solid to me.

    The desktop icon below the pop up is new too. I don't know how it's there and how it's managed. Do we have a desktop kind of a view in BB10 perhaps with shortcuts and such?
    I'm pretty sure that screenshot is from the legacy OS! Nice one PCMag! The 'Desktop' icon that is present would be the messages belonging to your BES account.
  4. BBPandy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    .....the ability to move the green focus box around the field when preparing to take a shot, for example, which seemed like a handy little solution for those times when the automated focus tool gets confused
    That's something new that I didn't know B4 reading this article
  5. BrizzadMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,039 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default 6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10

    Interesting to note that iPhone has only now in August 2012 received any FIPS certification... nearly 6yrs after its launch.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  6. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,935 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,936 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cesare21 View Post
    The interesting part is the BB balance slide (#5). That screenshot is kinda new (to me at least). The screen behind the pop-up shows hints of the legacy OS too (I reckon it's written frequent on left bottom corner just below the wipe part). I don't know how legit that screenshot is, although it could be 100% legit. On the wiping part, it looks like there's no coverage and no wifi too - meaning the admin wipe on the balance feature is pushed out and the user has no option but to hit ok. This part looks solid to me.

    The desktop icon below the pop up is new too. I don't know how it's there and how it's managed. Do we have a desktop kind of a view in BB10 perhaps with shortcuts and such?
    That is OS7.
    The new Blackberry Balance will enable companies to wipe the business portion of the phone. In a nutshell, your phone will have two separate workspaces. Personal and Business. And when a company wipes the business side of things, all the personal stuff will remain. (Currently, when a company wipes a phone, everything


    Check out this link to see what Blackberry Balance will be like: New BlackBerry 10 Icons Show Up In Video Review - BerryReview
    Its about half way into the video.
  7. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,125 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default Re: 6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BrizzadMan View Post
    Interesting to note that iPhone has only now in August 2012 received any FIPS certification... nearly 6yrs after its launch.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That is bad news. Are you sure they got it? I missed that.
  8. needforbbx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    304 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Here is a related video to add: RIM Blackberry 10 Gives User Balance, Bhardwaj Says: Video - Bloomberg

    and more to come [RIM Dev Relations: Brian Zubert ‏@bzubert: For all the cool demos that have been shown thus far for #BB10, the two features I love most haven't even been talked about yet #teaser]
    Thanked by 2:
    Harry_III_UK (11-16-2012),  zyben (11-16-2012) 
  9. BBPandy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    That is bad news. Are you sure they got it? I missed that.
    Yea me too.
    I know that they have recently been awarded FIPS certification if they have additional security software installed on them that basically make them almost useless. Is that the certification you are talking about BrizzadMan?
    Thanked by:
    Shanerredflag (11-16-2012) 
  10. peter9477's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Googling a bit, I see not the slightest evidence that iOS actually has FIPS 140-2 yet. Anyone got some evidence (a link) to back up that claim? I know they've *submitted* for the certification, but it take ages to actually get and I don't think they have yet.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
  11. mithrazor's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,203 Posts
    PIN
    2B1BC93C
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by needforbbx View Post
    Here is a related video to add: RIM Blackberry 10 Gives User Balance, Bhardwaj Says: Video - Bloomberg

    and more to come [RIM Dev Relations: Brian Zubert ‏@bzubert: For all the cool demos that have been shown thus far for #BB10, the two features I love most haven't even been talked about yet #teaser]
    Wow I can actually tell how good the screen is and how fluid the OS is in that video. I guess that's what happens when you use a professional camera lol.
  12. Harry_III_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by needforbbx View Post
    Great link - thank you!

    I notice that Mr Bhardwaj says:

    "We absolutely intend to have a physical keyboard device"

    (Vivek Bhardwaj, head of Research In Motion Ltd.'s software portfolio Thursday 15th November 2012).

    I hope I'm not reading too much into the word "intend" and that there will be a physical keyboard device available at or shortly after the initial BB10 launch!
  13. BrizzadMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,039 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default 6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10

    Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Googling a bit, I see not the slightest evidence that iOS actually has FIPS 140-2 yet. Anyone got some evidence (a link) to back up that claim? I know they've *submitted* for the certification, but it take ages to actually get and I don't think they have yet.
    Mmm my bad. My Google-fu is flawed as I thought I saw it had been awarded... though you are in the right - they have only just submitted for the certification in August/Sept. of this year.

    Good news indeed.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (11-17-2012) 
  14. owadkelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    215 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Most professional video on blackberry 10 yet. I absolutely love all this marketing and hype BB10 is getting.
  15. owadkelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    215 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Googling a bit, I see not the slightest evidence that iOS actually has FIPS 140-2 yet. Anyone got some evidence (a link) to back up that claim? I know they've *submitted* for the certification, but it take ages to actually get and I don't think they have yet.
    If it takes ages to get, then this speaks volumes of RIM's preparation for the BB10 platform, seeing that it's certified 4 months ahead of launch. Wow!
    peter9477 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Screen sharing feature in BlackBerry 10 and other information
    By biggulpseh in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 04:01 AM
  2. Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:26 AM
  4. Bridge in BlackBerry 10?
    By malwayne66 in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  5. disabling Zoom feature in Blackberry bold
    By prog.enthusiast in forum Developers Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions