Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By needforbbx
  • 1 Post By owadkelly
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10

Nothing we don't know - but nice to see some larger screen shots ;-)

6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10 - Slideshow from PCMag.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

The interesting part is the BB balance slide (#5). That screenshot is kinda new (to me at least). The screen behind the pop-up shows hints of the legacy OS too (I reckon it's written frequent on left bottom corner just below the wipe part). I don't know how legit that screenshot is, although it could be 100% legit. On the wiping part, it looks like there's no coverage and no wifi too - meaning the admin wipe on the balance feature is pushed out and the user has no option but to hit ok. This part looks solid to me.

The desktop icon below the pop up is new too. I don't know how it's there and how it's managed. Do we have a desktop kind of a view in BB10 perhaps with shortcuts and such?
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare21 View Post
    The interesting part is the BB balance slide (#5). That screenshot is kinda new (to me at least). The screen behind the pop-up shows hints of the legacy OS too (I reckon it's written frequent on left bottom corner just below the wipe part). I don't know how legit that screenshot is, although it could be 100% legit. On the wiping part, it looks like there's no coverage and no wifi too - meaning the admin wipe on the balance feature is pushed out and the user has no option but to hit ok. This part looks solid to me.

The desktop icon below the pop up is new too. I don't know how it's there and how it's managed. Do we have a desktop kind of a view in BB10 perhaps with shortcuts and such?
    I'm pretty sure that screenshot is from the legacy OS! Nice one PCMag! The 'Desktop' icon that is present would be the messages belonging to your BES account.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts

.....the ability to move the green focus box around the field when preparing to take a shot, for example, which seemed like a handy little solution for those times when the automated focus tool gets confused
    That's something new that I didn't know B4 reading this article
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts

Interesting to note that iPhone has only now in August 2012 received any FIPS certification... nearly 6yrs after its launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,936 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare21 View Post

That is OS7.
    The new Blackberry Balance will enable companies to wipe the business portion of the phone. In a nutshell, your phone will have two separate workspaces. Personal and Business. And when a company wipes the business side of things, all the personal stuff will remain. (Currently, when a company wipes a phone, everything

Check out this link to see what Blackberry Balance will be like: New BlackBerry 10 Icons Show Up In Video Review - BerryReview
    Its about half way into the video.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    13,125 Global Posts

Default Re: 6 Intriguing Features in BlackBerry 10

Quote Originally Posted by BrizzadMan View Post
    Interesting to note that iPhone has only now in August 2012 received any FIPS certification... nearly 6yrs after its launch.

That is bad news. Are you sure they got it? I missed that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Here is a related video to add: RIM Blackberry 10 Gives User Balance, Bhardwaj Says: Video - Bloomberg

and more to come [RIM Dev Relations: Brian Zubert ‏@bzubert: For all the cool demos that have been shown thus far for #BB10, the two features I love most haven't even been talked about yet #teaser]
    Thanked by 2:
    Harry_III_UK (11-16-2012),  zyben (11-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    That is bad news. Are you sure they got it? I missed that.
    Yea me too.
    I know that they have recently been awarded FIPS certification if they have additional security software installed on them that basically make them almost useless. Is that the certification you are talking about BrizzadMan?
    Thanked by:
    Shanerredflag (11-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Googling a bit, I see not the slightest evidence that iOS actually has FIPS 140-2 yet. Anyone got some evidence (a link) to back up that claim? I know they've *submitted* for the certification, but it take ages to actually get and I don't think they have yet.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Quote Originally Posted by needforbbx View Post
    Here is a related video to add: RIM Blackberry 10 Gives User Balance, Bhardwaj Says: Video - Bloomberg

and more to come [RIM Dev Relations: Brian Zubert ‏@bzubert: For all the cool demos that have been shown thus far for #BB10, the two features I love most haven't even been talked about yet #teaser]
    Wow I can actually tell how good the screen is and how fluid the OS is in that video. I guess that's what happens when you use a professional camera lol.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by needforbbx View Post
    Great link - thank you!

I notice that Mr Bhardwaj says:

"We absolutely intend to have a physical keyboard device"

(Vivek Bhardwaj, head of Research In Motion Ltd.'s software portfolio Thursday 15th November 2012).

I hope I'm not reading too much into the word "intend" and that there will be a physical keyboard device available at or shortly after the initial BB10 launch!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Googling a bit, I see not the slightest evidence that iOS actually has FIPS 140-2 yet. Anyone got some evidence (a link) to back up that claim? I know they've *submitted* for the certification, but it take ages to actually get and I don't think they have yet.
    Mmm my bad. My Google-fu is flawed as I thought I saw it had been awarded... though you are in the right - they have only just submitted for the certification in August/Sept. of this year.

Good news indeed.

Thanked by:
    peter9477 (11-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Most professional video on blackberry 10 yet. I absolutely love all this marketing and hype BB10 is getting.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    If it takes ages to get, then this speaks volumes of RIM's preparation for the BB10 platform, seeing that it's certified 4 months ahead of launch. Wow!
    peter9477 likes this.