Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. RealDeal83's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Thumbs up 16GB Playbooks $149 this week in Canada

    Futureshop and BestBuy in Canada have the 16GB Playbook on sale for $149 this week. So if you haven't picked one up yet, you can't go wrong at this price point.
  2. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,217 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,881 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    This is the "fire sale" people. They're not going to get any cheaper. 16GB stock is dwindling now and when they're gone, they're gone.

    Best buy US isn't even selling the 16GB "new" anymore, so they're stock is already gone.
    Last chance for anyone who still wants one of these.
  3. berklon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    888 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I suspect at some point the 32GB will be available for $149 - as RIM tries to clear their inventory.
  4. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default



    I took a picture of my email that had the price

    Pretty good deal till all the 16GB's are gone
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
  5. lockedtight's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    325 Posts
    PIN
    32fbc26f
    #5  

    Default

    RIM isn't clearing their inventory. They made it clear ages ago that they had sold out of the 16g playbook to vendors. This sale is futureshop and best buy ca clearing their inventory. Either way I doubt the 32g price will be dropping again anytime soon since RIM is still selling it to vendors

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  6. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lockedtight View Post
    RIM isn't clearing their inventory. They made it clear ages ago that they had sold out of the 16g playbook to vendors. This sale is futureshop and best buy ca clearing their inventory. Either way I doubt the 32g price will be dropping again anytime soon since RIM is still selling it to vendors

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

    the 32GB is selling for $219 this week at Futureshop as well, that is a great price
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
  7. madman0141's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,863 Posts
    PIN
    666
    #7  

    Default

    Wonder how long it will be till there are no more. I guess the 4G PlayBook is all they will be making soon. I hope for 64g 4G PlayBook then I will replace mine. Anyway that is a great price!!
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
  8. bitek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,350 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,503 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madman0141 View Post
    Wonder how long it will be till there are no more. I guess the 4G PlayBook is all they will be making soon. I hope for 64g 4G PlayBook then I will replace mine. Anyway that is a great price!!
    iron maiden is right. i hope once the current playbook stock is gone rim will come back with true "PB" with revised specs and price that would attract more consumers to bb platform. letting pb go after all that hard work would really sucks imo.
  9. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,825 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    iron maiden is right. i hope once the current playbook stock is gone rim will come back with true "PB" with revised specs and price that would attract more consumers to bb platform. letting pb go after all that hard work would really sucks imo.
    I disagree, No matter how much work RIM put into the Playbook it has been roundly viewed as a niche item except (mostly) to those who own it. Personally I'd like to see RIM scrap the Playbook in all incarnations and focus solely on it's BB10 devices while maintaining support for the BB 7 line.

    If down the line the can relaunch the Playbook as a complete device under BB10 that would be good but it still will only make them a marginal player in that space. Not sure the effort is worth it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
  10. playbookster's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,390 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    2 of my friends bought one after i told them about this
  11. bigbadben10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,097 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    There is nothing wrong with the existing Wi-Fi Playbook as it stands, especially at the price.
  12. nonayabusiness's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    FutureShop inventory is now 2 less
    Son and Daughter are now proud owners of 16GB PlayBook.

    That makes 4 PlayBook in the house....

    32 - mine
    32 - wife
    16 - son
    16 - daughter

    BTW you can get a case, rapid charge and a screen protector for $50 with the purchase of a PB...
    The box said ‘Requires Windows Vista or better.' So I installed LINUX.

Posting Permissions