Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up 16GB Playbooks $149 this week in Canada

Futureshop and BestBuy in Canada have the 16GB Playbook on sale for $149 this week. So if you haven't picked one up yet, you can't go wrong at this price point.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,881 Global Posts

This is the "fire sale" people. They're not going to get any cheaper. 16GB stock is dwindling now and when they're gone, they're gone.

Best buy US isn't even selling the 16GB "new" anymore, so they're stock is already gone.
    Last chance for anyone who still wants one of these.
    Banned

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

I suspect at some point the 32GB will be available for $149 - as RIM tries to clear their inventory.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

I took a picture of my email that had the price

Pretty good deal till all the 16GB's are gone
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32fbc26f

RIM isn't clearing their inventory. They made it clear ages ago that they had sold out of the 16g playbook to vendors. This sale is futureshop and best buy ca clearing their inventory. Either way I doubt the 32g price will be dropping again anytime soon since RIM is still selling it to vendors

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lockedtight View Post
    RIM isn't clearing their inventory. They made it clear ages ago that they had sold out of the 16g playbook to vendors. This sale is futureshop and best buy ca clearing their inventory. Either way I doubt the 32g price will be dropping again anytime soon since RIM is still selling it to vendors

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

the 32GB is selling for $219 this week at Futureshop as well, that is a great price
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Wonder how long it will be till there are no more. I guess the 4G PlayBook is all they will be making soon. I hope for 64g 4G PlayBook then I will replace mine. Anyway that is a great price!!
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madman0141 View Post
    Wonder how long it will be till there are no more. I guess the 4G PlayBook is all they will be making soon. I hope for 64g 4G PlayBook then I will replace mine. Anyway that is a great price!!
    iron maiden is right. i hope once the current playbook stock is gone rim will come back with true "PB" with revised specs and price that would attract more consumers to bb platform. letting pb go after all that hard work would really sucks imo.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    iron maiden is right. i hope once the current playbook stock is gone rim will come back with true "PB" with revised specs and price that would attract more consumers to bb platform. letting pb go after all that hard work would really sucks imo.
    I disagree, No matter how much work RIM put into the Playbook it has been roundly viewed as a niche item except (mostly) to those who own it. Personally I'd like to see RIM scrap the Playbook in all incarnations and focus solely on it's BB10 devices while maintaining support for the BB 7 line.

If down the line the can relaunch the Playbook as a complete device under BB10 that would be good but it still will only make them a marginal player in that space. Not sure the effort is worth it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

2 of my friends bought one after i told them about this
    CrackBerry Master

There is nothing wrong with the existing Wi-Fi Playbook as it stands, especially at the price.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

FutureShop inventory is now 2 less
    Son and Daughter are now proud owners of 16GB PlayBook.

That makes 4 PlayBook in the house....

32 - mine
    32 - wife
    16 - son
    16 - daughter

BTW you can get a case, rapid charge and a screen protector for $50 with the purchase of a PB...
    The box said ‘Requires Windows Vista or better.' So I installed LINUX.