Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 10 Inch Playbook?!

I can't be the only one that caught N4BB's posting of the 10" PlayBook yesterday... What's everyone think? Is it coming??

10" BlackBerry PlayBook Releasing by June? - N4BB
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,794 Global Posts

The BlackForest. Old old news
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    The BlackForest. Old old news
    Yeah, there's no shortage of postings on the topic, but the prospect of it being release in just 2-3 months is pretty exciting!
    CrackBerry User

BlackBerry - can we please call this the 'BlackBook' and not the playbook -
    Banned

I doubted they would release a 10" PlayBook this year considering the 7" was a poor source of revenue for BlackBerry. However, I believe it may be a mistake not to do simultaneous release of BB10 phone and tablet. Given BlackBerry's ambitious road map I think a 10" may be on the near horizon. It's only a matter of time before BlackBerry addresses a laptop solution, perhaps in the form of a docking station.

Posted via CB10
    Ojhoana likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I asked my friend at Blackberry (he's been there 10 years) if he knew anything. He said the name "Mike Al Mefleh" does not show up in the BlackBerry company directory, he believes the report to be a fraud. I asked "So does this mean no 10" tablet? " his reply was "I didn't say that "

Take it or leave it, this is what I was told.

Posted from my Z10.
    Thanked by 3:
    jegs2 (04-24-2013),  nguyennamha (04-25-2013),  Shadowyugi (03-17-2013) 
    Shadowyugi likes this.

It will be interesting to see the reception it will get. The iPad was fairly well universally described as too big here on CB. Wonder how this will be received.
    And yeah, this was a known device. Still, good to bring it up. Something else to look forward to. There will be phones, phablets, 7 inch tablets, 9 and/or 10 inch tablets....good time to be a tech geek.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Ojhoana likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    I asked my friend at Blackberry (he's been there 10 years) if he knew anything. He said the name "Mike Al Mefleh" does not show up in the BlackBerry company directory, he believes the report to be a fraud. I asked "So does this mean no 10" tablet? " his reply was "I didn't say that "

Take it or leave it, this is what I was told.

Posted from my Z10.
    Well he's got a LinkedIn profile showing he works at BBRY... Not that it makes it 100% legit, but still... Mike Al-Mefleh - United Arab Emirates | LinkedIn
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm liking the talk about 10 on a tablet... I think they should launch it coming down from heaven at the top of a mountain...
    Posted via CB10
    edendave likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

May 15th would be the perfect date, it coincides with the hebrew date of 6th of sivan, which is the day the Jews received the "Tablets".

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

If they are going to release a new PlayBook of whatever size, they need something new and mind blowing. It's the only hope they have at shedding the image of the original one.

Posted via CB10
    CairnsRock likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Yes, RIM needs to capitalize on the marketing done for the Z10/Q10 with some PlayBook love as well! The PlayBook has huge upside potential if RIM were to tap into it - more seriously than they did in 2010/11. 'Where's my BBM?', for example.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

It looks like Mike Al Mefleh is indeed a senior exec for BlackBerry in the UAE.
    Leading today for tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Leading today for tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would actually get a playbook to pair with my z10 if it is a mind blowing design & at the right price of course... 8.5", I think is a good size.. It stands on its own entity...
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,794 Global Posts

This would be funny given the fact that Thorsten just said, not too long ago, that BB would not be focusing on tablets. Said there wasn't enough money in them. Guess we'll find out eventually
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Addict

Thing to remember that BlackBerry doesn't only serve consumers. BlackBerry needs to offer tablet to enterprise customers due to compliance requirements and to meet security needs.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

i like blackbook it sounds better
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by metz9444 View Post
    If they are going to release a new PlayBook of whatever size, they need something new and mind blowing. It's the only hope they have at shedding the image of the original one.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but would that include 'culling' the existing Playbooks & promises made to those people who bought them?
    ...The thought of BBRY producing & selling a "new tablet" prior to rounding out the one they already distributed.
    ...Does not not sound like a sound business practice.
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by superdirt View Post
    I doubted they would release a 10" PlayBook this year considering the 7" was a poor source of revenue for BlackBerry. However, I believe it may be a mistake not to do simultaneous release of BB10 phone and tablet. Given BlackBerry's ambitious road map I think a 10" may be on the near horizon. It's only a matter of time before BlackBerry addresses a laptop solution, perhaps in the form of a docking station.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry’s new tablet soon - Emirates 24/7
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,149 Global Posts

The 10" doesn't look good, IMO. The 7" looks perfect. That black and the design overall doesn't contemplate well with the 10" size.
    In BBRY we trust
    Editor over at BlackBerry Empire @ blackberryempire.com
    I'm the guy who provides APKs
    BBM Channel: C001232F7
    CrackBerry Abuser

i wouldn't mind a 10 in playbook as long as they keep the aspect ratio the same as the 7in one..and also release another 7 in...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I really like the idea of a 10 inch playbook - but it absolutely MUST have digitizer pen functionality! I need an accurate way to sketch out development concepts and take notes on a tablet. I have the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet and I love the pen... but using Android sucks lol.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    22D6B6DE and 501021E8

I am content with my Playbook and would not want to go to a 10 inch. I would just like to see the Playbook brought to the full potential that all of was desiring for the past 2 yrs. Fix the checkerboard, offer the apps that everyone has waited for. Then down the road come out with a new 7 inch that has more horse power.
    southlander and Revampd like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by rcab View Post
    I am content with my Playbook and would not want to go to a 10 inch. I would just like to see the Playbook brought to the full potential that all of was desiring for the past 2 yrs. Fix the checkerboard, offer the apps that everyone has waited for. Then down the road come out with a new 7 inch that has more horse power.
    Well said!
    ...The current size is PERFECT - it's only lacking functionality.
    ...Bring the functionality & the tablets will start selling phones ( & vice versa )!
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast