Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Using the Blackberry app generator.

Hello,
    I am currently planning to deploy an app for my website through the blackberry app generator. my question is: is there any way to test the app without a blackberry 10 device? All i have is a playbook, no z10 or dev alpha, can i still test and deploy for bb10 using a mac/windows simulator?
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts

You can test it right in the App Generator if I remember correctly. Once you submit it, you can't really change it up too much but there won't really be too much to "test" anyway.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks Adam
    Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/24193889/

A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
    CrackBerry User

If one is a newbie and wants to develop applications for os10 & legacy bb's, what can you recommend I do to begin the process? Please email me on philipoquinn@gmail.com

Any links or comments would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ARQ-Keighley; 04-02-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    CrackBerry User

????? Can anyone help point me in the right direction to learning how to generate an application using software, please?
    --------
    Quote Originally Posted by ARQ-Keighley View Post
    If one is a newbie and wants to develop applications for os10 & legacy bb's, what can you recommend I do to begin the process? Please email me on philipoquinn@gmail.com

Any links or comments would be appreciated.

I'd just join up on junior dev chat:

BBM Chat for Junior Devs

I can't post a flat response without being outdone by the documentation at BlackBerry Developer.
    CrackBerry User

I'm looking to create a shortcut app that I can push to clients on our BES10. Is there an easy way to create something that I can then push via the BES? I know it's not an app, it's just a shortcut, but I need to push a few shortcuts.

EDIT: What tool should I use if all I want to do is create a package, that's actually a web shortcut, that I can push via the BES10?

Thanks

I'd use webworks. Make it an html page that does a redirect.

You also have the option then to give them a set of links. Instead of just redirecting.

So, in an HR department , you could link to docs and info.

Webworks will also let you build for os 5/6/7/10 and playbook with little effort.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

KernEd - Thanks for your guidance, it was helpful and I was able to create a redirect and get it on my device pushed via BES10, not bad for a rookie.

So where I'm at, it works but when I open the app on my device or the simulator, I get a Close button at the top of the window. When I click or hit it, the screen just goes white. I can close the white screen by swiping up but I suspect I'm not doing something right. Do I need to add something to my app to understand the Close button or is there a way to just make this open in the native browser without a close button?

If this is the wrong thread, and it probably is since I'm not using the generator, I can start a new one.

UPDATE: I was able to reach my goal, took some digging but got it to work.
    Last edited by slideaway; 05-06-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Cool! Nice success. Sorry for late response.

Posted via CB10