Yesterday, it was officially one month since the launch of BBM Music's private beta. Many users that downloaded BBMM at launch received the above message at different times when trying to open the app and play music. The Upgrade message is what it'll look like after a user goes through their first one month trial once BBMM launches officially. Unfortunately though, BBMM is still in beta and clicking the upgrade button just leads to another error in the app.

So if you receive this error message you're pretty much stuck with 30 second previews of every song, or so I thought. I was one of the first to receive this expiration message yesterday morning and according to our friendly beta zone mods, the app is suppose to allow you to continue beta testing without issues. After about 15 min or so of trying to figure out what to do, we got it.

If you get this error message simply dismiss all the "upgrade to premium account" windows, fully close the app by selecting "Close" in the menu and not just pressing the back or END button. Upon reopening the app you should see it refreshed, all your songs available again and a new expiration date.

Little hint: You can check when your expiration date is by going to Options. If you see your expiration date is nearing, use up however many swaps you have remaining of the 25 allowed, as they refresh when the expiration date arrives.

Source BlackBerryOS.com
    09-25-11 10:44 AM
    09-27-11 05:51 AM
    My month happened on Sunday and smoothly went to the next month.
    09-27-11 03:03 PM
    I haven't opened BBM Music in a week. Downloaded it the first day it was available. When I opened it just now, it says my trial expires Oct 24, so apparently it automatically rolled over the next month, since it's still in beta.
    09-27-11 05:58 PM
    Doesn't seem to work for me
    09-29-11 08:39 PM
    Thanks for sharing this info - now I have til the end of October
    09-29-11 08:51 PM
    when i logged in to mine i got a completely different message that wasn't a pop up, it was on the home page where my name usually is and it was like yellow or orange. i couldn't read it fast enough but it said something about upgrade and get first month free, but the it disappeared by itself and now my acct is good until 10-31. so idk what exactly happened but it seems to be working fine.
    10-01-11 02:28 AM
    please, CB'er friends, can someone invite me or inform me how to get an invite. thanks. [email protected]
    10-01-11 03:43 AM
    please, CB'er friends, can someone invite me or inform me how to get an invite. thanks. [email protected]
    If you have someone on your BBM contact list with BBM Music, they can invite you via PIN now. They just send you the invite and it directs you to a webpage where you sign up. Within one business day you'll get a keycode that will enable you to access the program. You don't need to be a BZ member, as far as I can tell.
    10-01-11 07:37 AM
    So, my subscription is set to expire tomorrow again. Will this work-a-round work to another month (since it's still in beta)?
    10-23-11 03:56 PM
    It should, it was pretty smooth last month when it expired and went to the next month. Its still no where near ready in my opinion.
    10-23-11 10:04 PM
    So, is the workaround still gonna work on v1.0.0.124 now?
    10-24-11 04:04 PM
    Was forced to upgrade to Premium this morning...was charged 4.99. Didn't even think this was out of beta.

I use it everyday so I don't mind dishing out the 5$ per month.
    11-01-11 08:48 AM
    Mine just automatically rolled over for the month, and now expires 11/24
    11-01-11 01:30 PM
    I don't know, mine did not roll over like before and is past the Period End Date by several days now and still works. When I go into "Subscription Details" it says "Trial" and Check for Updates says I am running the latest version, so guess I will just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

Update: My BBMusic finally rolled over to a new date by itself and shows "Premium is valid until..." subscription details still says "Trial" and most all contacts are still there, but some must have dropped because song count went down by a thousand or so.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 11-05-11 at 01:26 AM.
    11-03-11 11:45 AM
    I just got a 4.99 refund from DRI App World...guess they took my money too soon!
    Just Me likes this.
    11-09-11 12:26 AM
    Im still running 1.0.0.124 and my trial was supposed to expire on 11/28 - now its extended til 12/28 and I still have my "Premium" account
    11-29-11 02:05 AM
    Doesn't seem to work for me
    Same here.
    12-17-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD