Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Wireless Sync Blackberry Calendar + Outlook

Is there a way to wireless sync my calander on my Blackberry 8820 with my outlook calendar? In other words, can I sync my blackberry calendar and outlook calendar without having to plug in via USB? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

You might try the software mentioned in the last post in this thread. I haven't used it and cannot vouch for it in any way. To get wireless calendar syncing with Blackberry software requires you be on a BES server.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bb-wireless-sync-5452/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    PIN
    (n) a thin pointed metal stick

I have a work-a-round for the calendar sync. I created a gmaill account with a calendar, I installed gsyncit on my pc (free trial with $9.99 to register) to sync my outlook to my gmail calendar. Then I installed google sync on my blackberry.

This works for me and I will admit it is "a long way around the barn". But, you can't argue with success
    Indecision may, or may not be my problem"Jimmy Buffett"
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    27F50C0B

Quote Originally Posted by Swanee View Post
    I have a work-a-round for the calendar sync. I created a gmaill account with a calendar, I installed gsyncit on my pc (free trial with $9.99 to register) to sync my outlook to my gmail calendar. Then I installed google sync on my blackberry.

This works for me and I will admit it is "a long way around the barn". But, you can't argue with success
    Thats exactly what I did. Google Sync plugin for Outlook synced my Outlook calendar with Google calendar, and the plugin for BB synced with Google calendar which is already in sync with Outlook.

But, for $6/month I may try BBerrysync itself.
    Atomize This | Twitter
    Phones - BB - 9900, 9700(x3), Bold(x5), 8820(x2), 8800, 8100, 8320(x2)| HTC - Diamond 2, Diamond, Polaris, Artemis
    Nokia - E72, N97(x2), E75(x2), Sapphire Arte, 5800 XM, E90, N95-4,E71-2(x4),E65,N82,8600,3120 |Sony - W810i |Samsung - D807 |Apple - iPhone 3G 8GB(x2), 16GB(x3), iPhone 3GS(x5), iPhone 4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    PIN
    20E9D927

Quote Originally Posted by jontymisra View Post
    Thats exactly what I did. Google Sync plugin for Outlook synced my Outlook calendar with Google calendar, and the plugin for BB synced with Google calendar which is already in sync with Outlook.

But, for $6/month I may try BBerrysync itself.
    You can do that for free:

Mobile
    Google Sync for Blackberry

&

Google Calendar Sync: Getting Started
    Google Calendar Sync for you PC

That's what I do
    :: www.myslr.eu (Photos, Cameras and Lenses Reviews) ::
    :: Wallpapers for BlackBerries :: Follow me @ Twitter ::
    :: My PIN: 20E9D927 ::
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    PIN
    221F0B14

Exactly what I use also. Works like a champ. The only issue I have is I can't download google sync on my work computer, so I just use the handheld to overwrite my calendar and everything is hunky dorey.

I haven't played much with google calendar, but it looks like an easy way for a family to keep track of stuff. Add each other as guests and you can view the others calendars. If anyone uses this or has used it, let me know if I am on the right track or not.
    Justin
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. --Unknown
    Twitter me
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Try Office Accelerator

Try Office Accelerator from Baseline Data Systems. It allows for a wireless Blackberry Sync to multiple computerw without Exchange Server or BlackBerry Server.

There web site is baselineconnect.com
    CrackBerry User

What are your experiences like regarding syncing Outlook and a BlackBerry using a Google account (be it Google Calendar or Gmail's Contacts) as a kind of intermediary?

Does *each and every* Outlook field (in calendar as well as especially in contacts) sync with your Google account and between Google and the BB? Or do you lose specific fields (e.g. birthday, notes to a contact or a calendar event) on the way?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GRoze View Post
    (...) can I sync my blackberry calendar and outlook calendar without having to plug in via USB?
    I am wondering why no one has come up with suggesting "local" sync via the Desktop Manager using Bluetooth!?

Or are you only talking about Over-the-Air-sync?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Office Accelerator

This software syncs wirelessly to my storm. It uses the Office Accelerator phone book and calendar which works well for me as they are networkable over the web. The software also syncs to Outlook, so you could get that data in your BB as well. It doesnít require any additional software other then the Office Accelerator, I believe the company has been around for about 20 years. Apparently I canít post a URL, but the software is from Baseline Data Systems and is called Office Accelerator. Hope this helps...

Rob

Is there a way to wireless sync my calander on my Blackberry 8820 with my outlook calendar? In other words, can I sync my blackberry calendar and outlook calendar without having to plug in via USB? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Will this same thing work for contacts?
    http://www.stilettosandsounds.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    You might try the software mentioned in the last post in this thread. I haven't used it and cannot vouch for it in any way. To get wireless calendar syncing with Blackberry software requires you be on a BES server.
    Oh! I understand now! Thanks That helps.... I am having problems with my DM on my computer. All I want to do is sync my contacts some kind of way!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I use the google approach as well, works like a champ. Plus, free helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Office Accelerator Wireless BlackBerry Sync

Office Accelerator with BlackBerry Sync. Office Accelerator Blackberry Sync is the option for you. Just Google Office Accelerator and you will fiend them.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    21C7A691

Default Thank You

I would like to thank everyone that has helped with this thread...I tried SyncJE for BB and also for outlook and that is way too much work even for a data technician like myself; the way you guys have laid out the options of using google sync has been just great....hope that i can help someone sometime
    CrackBerry Newbie

just read this thread, thanks for the help, seems like i'll be going for the google option as well!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Sync using DM while wiresless sync enabled

Is there a way to re-sync my entire Outlook calendar onto my BB? Since wiping my BB in the past, a lot of appointments have dropped off my BB, but still remain in Outlook. On the BB I have it set to keep appointments forever, but after each wipe it resets the retention to 30 days. Is it possible to use Desktop Mgr ONE TIME ONLY to sync all old appts to my BB? I prefer to keep all appointments for ever on the BB, to match Outlook.

Side note: My BES Admin already tried a "Force Calendar Synchronization to the user's Blackberry" and had me also turn off & turn back on wireless sync in the hopes that would re-sync my entire Outlook calendar, but no luck.
    CrackBerry User

You could try clearing your calendar on your BB via the Desktop Manager, and then doing a one way recover sync from your Desktop to your BB - see if that helps...

Other than that, try various wireless sync solutions - solutions (like ours) has a built in "Recover" function, allowing a wipe of the affected app, and then a restore with the data with the PC.
    Wireless BlackBerry Sync - Contacts/Cal/Notes/Tasks - http://www.thinkpost.net
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanee View Post

You are too humble - this was a brilliant way to go, and at least from what I can tell having just set up my google calendar, I think I got the sync for free. I'd NEVER have thought of going this route and the bberry sync site looked a little dicey, so thank you!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Wireless sync BB contacts+calendar with Outlook

There is another wireless solution that syncs Outlook with Blackberry - Handheld Contact.
    There is free trial Wirelessly sync Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Appointments with your phone – Works with BlackBerry and Windows Mobile
    Last edited by BerryKT; 10-02-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Its funny how no one mentioned FUNAMBOL.
    Go to my.funambol.com for the best BB-Outlook sync solution
    CrackBerry Abuser

gsync not working on the bold9700.. anyone know a fix?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm new to this. Is there a way to wirelessly sync my 8530 and my wife's 8330? Are these devices capable of this sync methods? Thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

I don't know any way to sync two BlackBerry devices to each other. Typically a BlackBerry is synched to a PC. You may be able to sync both devices to the same PC, but it won't be wireless and it won't be instantaneous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    PIN
    221F0B14

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic View Post
    I'm new to this. Is there a way to wirelessly sync my 8530 and my wife's 8330? Are these devices capable of this sync methods? Thanks
    As Jeff said, I don't know of a way to sync 2 BBs wirelessly to each other. You will need to do it through a PC. The way my wife and I do it is using Google Calendar. Set up a GC account and then download Google sync to both BBs. When you set it up on the BBs, just use the same account on both. BOOM!! Wireless calendar sync.
    Justin
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. --Unknown
    Twitter me
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Google Sync for Outlook Calendar

I've read that google Sync can be used to sync up outlook via google calendar. Can someone break down how it works and when it syncs up, am I using the calendar on the BB (as one would when uploading outlook onto BB via USB) or do I sign into google to access the calendar?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast