- CrackBerry User
- 61 Posts
Weird BBM issue simiar to other threads but no solution
I just got a new to me bold 9900. I did the bb switch and everything worked for my device and away I went. I tried to do that for my wife and everything worked but one huge issues, we can't chat through bbm anymore. It keeps telling me to re-invite the contact and when she tries to message me, we get the big red X. Now I did a wipe the the device she will be using and a fresh install of the os and bbm and still have an issue. We do have two seperate bbid's, rogers rep asked me that a million times, and yes our BIS is active as we both can message other people through bbm just fine. I even tried to get her back on her old 9780 so this could work till I could find a solution but it carried over to it.
My theory is, my old pin didn't release when i switched over to the 9900 and in theory you can't send a message to yourself on the bbm network. BBM voice would work because the pins are different and it seems don't go through the same authorization as a bbm message goes through.
If anyone has any help, that would be awesome. For some reason the Wife wants to be able to message me and thus on christmas day, I am in the dog house. So please send me in a direction that can fix this issue.
- 12-26-12, 12:23 PM #2
You can send a message to yourself in BBM (I know a few who keep themselves as a contact, something about chat history or whatnot)
Delete all of your wife's contact information. Pull your battery. Request her back on BBM (e-mail method) without having any of her information saved on your device.Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v188.8.131.524) | Rooted SGS IV
- By Serenity2221 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 12-21-09, 04:12 PM
- By mbhforum13 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-09, 02:49 PM
- By mbhforum13 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 0Last Post: 08-07-09, 12:53 PM
- By cmm6883 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-02-09, 04:34 PM
- By drfut21311 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 8Last Post: 01-16-09, 08:03 PM