Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs down Want to know what you HATE/DISLIKE about BBM5.0

Ok, yaaaay, it' finally 'officially' here......

So, now IT'S time to vent. We've had a few days to play around with it, wat are some of the things about BBM5.0 that make you go hmmmm!

Here's my cons-

*YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD/SAVE A PICTURE BEFORE YOU CAN VIEW IT
    *THE EMOTICONS GOT UGLY
    *STATUS OPTIONS SEEM TO BE LIMIED TO 'AVAILABLE' & 'BUSY'
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Quote Originally Posted by crackberry-gyal View Post
    *STATUS OPTIONS SEEM TO BE LIMIED TO 'AVAILABLE' & 'BUSY'
    If you select Personalize Status you can make it say whatever you wish.

Fixed thread title
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

I don't like the color scheme. I thought the leak looked better.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    If you select Personalize Status you can make it say whatever you wish.

Fixed thread title
    Yeah I know, I meant all the preloaded statuses that use to be there...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts

1) Doesn't work with Quick Launch
    2) Emoticons got downgraded and look uglier, I would have liked them just as they work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Um, that it doesn't let me accept their stupid license and that I spent 2 hours yesterday doing all this only to downgrade back to where I started.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

i don't use bbm often, but decided to get it today...really really hate that it doesn't let you use a shortcut app like QL, it also doesn't work on ShortCutMe which is what i have
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I dont have bbm in my quicklaunch, so i didn't know about that not working.

hopefully there's an update coming from them [QL] soon.

Berrybuzz sent me an update re BBM 5.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

I use quick launch all the time and love it, but for BBM, I just normally hit the letter "N" one key press and i'm there, as opposed to two key presses with QL
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3138ED67

I hate how if you have someone on your BBM list and they send you an sms in 5.0, that it shows up in BBM and the custom ringtone that I have set for them doesn't go off. It goes off with the default messenger tone

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    PIN
    John 3:16 (22C7DD6F)

HATE the emoticons. The old ones were WAY cuter. and the pic transfer sucks. BBM 4.x was INSTANT. This accept and download is a giant step backwards.
    "Those that live by the Sword get shot by those that don't."
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by a77boy View Post
    I use quick launch all the time and love it, but for BBM, I just normally hit the letter "N" one key press and i'm there, as opposed to two key presses with QL
    Yeah I use QL all the time too, just not for BBM. My BBM icon is on my home page with the QL icon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by feetr2c View Post
    HATE the emoticons. The old ones were WAY cuter. and the pic transfer sucks. BBM 4.x was INSTANT. This accept and download is a giant step backwards.
    Here, here!!!
    I had a conversation today with my daughter who was on a shopping trip and sending me pics asking my opinion....it took forever to get all the pics she was sending me, THEN i had to go into media and delete all the pics afterwards...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

+1 MojoSwag

I wish the borders weren't so big in the chat window. I would like to have that screen real estate back to fit more messages on-screen.

CrackBerry User

Love that you can use SMS within BBM but....the following needs to be fixed:

1) SMS contacts in BBM are not sorted by most recent activity.
    2) When a new text comes in, it is difficult to distinguish who it was sent from.
    3) I should be able to use BBM by default for SMS. I don't want to have to add each contact individually.

I don't really send pics often, but I can see how d'loading them first would be a pain. Hopefully an update will be sent out soon that fixes these issues, or maybe it will be part of the official OS 5.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    +1 MojoSwag

I wish the borders weren't so big in the chat window. I would like to have that screen real estate back to fit more messages on-screen.

exactly. same with how the contact list is displayed. i hate only being able to see two names at a time!! L A M E.
    8520 -> 9700 -> myTouch 4g Slide (1 day) -> 9700 -> iphone 4s (2 days) -> 9700 -> HTC Radar (windows 7.5)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCowgirl View Post
    Um, that it doesn't let me accept their stupid license and that I spent 2 hours yesterday doing all this only to downgrade back to where I started.

umm, how do you downgrade? i need to go back to v4. 5 is not making my phone happy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30B79F6F

I agree with the integration of the texts. It'd be fine if you could still have separate tones for your contacts, but using the default BBM tone for texts of people that are on my BBM contact list sucks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack View Post
    umm, how do you downgrade? i need to go back to v4. 5 is not making my phone happy.
    PM me in the morning and I will send you the link. I am on the other of my 5 computers and can't find it right now. I will send you the link tomorrow. I can't find it on the computer I am on right now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    305D5782

My SMS in bbm don't get vibration notifications. Anyone else get that?

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask! maybe i'll tell..

When I downloaded it from App World I noticed a huge memory leak, I uninstalled and installed from a different OTA link and memory hasn't been dropping as much but the leaked version was way better on memory IMO
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I think the smilies looked better on the old one. Also I hate how I cannot tell if a contact is OFFLINE. And the file/media/pic transfer sucks.

Also anyone noticed that its pretty slow?
    CrackBerry User

Thumbs down My thoughts....

Poor new layout on the main contacts screen. Probably looks great on a portrait shaped screen but on my 8900 I can see a lot LESS now than on the old messenger. Reasons:

(a) every contact takes up far too much space - why is there no option to NOT show a picture by my contacts? I'm a grown man and I can read and am perfectly capable of identifying my contacts by their name without having a picture of them as well.

(b) there's a line wated with "invite contact". How often am I going to use that? The ONLY things on the main screen should be those that are used all the time. I will invite new contacts maybe once per month so it'll be fine as an option under the menu key.

I've not yet had anyone try and send me a file but am not looking forward to the new way of accepting files.....I'll reserve judgement on that until it happens.

Groups and chat rooms and all may be great but they seem to me to be more business orientated - can't see very many uses for personal use. Great if BB want to stick to their traditional business use market but BB are going to lose even more ground against iPhone and Android in the personal marketplace.

Overall - an update to something that, in my mind, didn't need any update at all. Their Facebook and MSN apps could have done with the effort instead.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I am deff downgrading to the beta leak right now! I hate sending and accepting pictures ... most of the time they never finish transferring and sometimes when they do, if im lucky, they don't open!! All i get to see is a stupid icon of a pic

Other than that there are many many small bugs like not being able to type in a chat window unless u end the chat and start a new one... etc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I really hope RIM pushes an update because everybody I know and on this site seems to be complaining about the same things.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by adood84 View Post
    I really hope RIM pushes an update because everybody I know and on this site seems to be complaining about the same things.

Agreed...

I hope so also...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast