Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nthnc
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Using BBM (PIN) on two phones

I switch between two different Blackberry phones. Can I have the same BBI PIN on both phones?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

No, they are device specific
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

If it matters, both phones will belong to one number and I would be switching between them, so only one will be active at a time. Does that change anything?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
    If it matters, both phones will belong to one number and I would be switching between them, so only one will be active at a time. Does that change anything?
    No. As was stated, PINs are device specific.
    Sidney Crosby > Ryan Miller

PIN
    What's that?

Changes nothing, refer to my previous post. You will need to log into the BIS site to change your PIN to get email, and run a restore (either in DM or BBM) if you want all the same BBM contacts.

Global Posts
    5,734 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Quote Originally Posted by comptalk View Post

What makes you think it would matter. Do car manufactures allow you to change the VIN of your car because it has your license plate on it?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    216D3172

There's no need to talk to him like he's stupid. He obviously doesn't know that much about BlackBerrys. I would suggest just adding people on both devices. This should work - though it may take awhile if there are loads of people on your list.
    millhouse78 likes this.
  8. salomondrin

This solution only works if you don't use both phones at the same time:

I'm assuming you have BBM 5.0 here

Back up your contact list into your email address in the phone you are currently using.

Whenever you are not using one phone, turn off your data and then on the other retrieve your contact list with the same email address. You can do this as many times as you want/need. I do it all day every day and I never lose contacts.
    CrackBerry User

a friend has same BBm contacts on 2 blackberries(different providers) he uses them simultaneously but he doesn't know how he did it . Any ideas?