CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default is there a way to

reorganize your contacts
    Last edited by moses11685; 02-19-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

you can "hide" the contacts by collapsing the contact list. theres really no way to truely hide them though. as far as i know, theres no way to hide the visual notifications either. but that may be something that can be worked around in a custom theme. you can also hide the BBM homescreen icon also. but if the person you are hiding BBM contacts from knows other ways to pull up your list, your outta luck.

trying to hide your side girls from your gf? LOL
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    311087A9

Lol gotta playa here on crackberry eh.

Best thing I can recommend is to use the "hide" function to hide bbm altogether. Then to access bbm, just hold the blackberry button for a few seconds to bring up the list of running applications and go to bbm from there.
    With bbm hidden, unless your gf (or bf for that matter) if familiar with using the BB button, then it won't matter if the notification is there or not cos they won't be able to access it.

I would recommend moving bbm to some irrelevant folder before using the hide function on it to further hinder any of your partner's attempt at finding it

*edit: I just realized I'm not in the storm2 forum. I'm on my phone so I can't see which device you are using. If you're not on a storm, then instead of using the BB button hold method to bring up running apps, you'll need to go thru the menu to "switch applications" option to bring up bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by HollowPoint.357; 01-09-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB6548C

You can remove the contact from you BBM. Add the person you wish to hide to your contact list under an alias and add their pin to that contact.

At this point you can pin msg them from thr contact list without them showing up in your bbm contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    trying to hide your side girls from your gf? LOL
    Yes, yes I was ha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

hollowpoint, you can still push and hold the BB button on other blackberrys to bring up the app switcher. no need to scroll to it in the menu. its all OS dependent. the later 4.6's and all the 5.0's do it and its not just a storm function.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    311087A9

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    hollowpoint, you can still push and hold the BB button on other blackberrys to bring up the app switcher. no need to scroll to it in the menu. its all OS dependent. the later 4.6's and all the 5.0's do it and its not just a storm function.
    Ah ok.. it doesn't work on my curve but I think I'm running 4.5 on it.. haven't touched it since getting my S2, aside from using it for business calls.
    Pin: 311087A9 *NEW DEVICE*
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Official Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██
    Storm 2 9550 running Official 5.0.0.1015

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint.357 View Post
    Ah ok.. it doesn't work on my curve but I think I'm running 4.5 on it.. haven't touched it since getting my S2, aside from using it for business calls.
    yea it only works on OS 4.6.0.2xx and higher.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default YH answer

make a folder called Contacts. then in that put all your contacts besides the ones you want to hide the click hide on the real Contacts like a boss