Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sad day, I just lost another BBM buddy!

My son went over to the dark side. We would talk daily on BBM, saving on long distance calls. His 3 year old Curve was starting to fail him and it was time for a switch. The Bold 9900 didn't excite him much and he didn't care to wait for the new BB10's. His wife was the first to leave my BBM list when she bought her iphone this summer. We still text each other, but not as much as when we were BBM buddies. Now my son has an iphone. I can see us texting each other less and less in the future. My daughter, who also lives miles away, just bought a Macpro computer to go along with her ipod, so when her BB Bold expires.....well, who knows.

Sad day, indeed!

RIM has to get these BB10's out pronto. They are losing clients at an alarming rate and when they lose them, how many are they going to win back. Not very much, I am afraid.
    CrackBerry Addict

If it makes you feel any better, I've never had one single BBM buddy. Everyone i know has an iphone. Even my wife.
    Please sign this petition to bring Netflix to BlackBerry. Help your BlackBerry brothers and sisters.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...berry-devices#
    CrackBerry Addict

i feel your pain. I just lost my best friend and my girlfriend to the Galaxy s II. the phone is pretty sick though. but no bbm means less idle chat during the day though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crunch27 View Post
    My son went over to the dark side. We would talk daily on BBM, saving on long distance calls. His 3 year old Curve was starting to fail him and it was time for a switch. The Bold 9900 didn't excite him much and he didn't care to wait for the new BB10's. His wife was the first to leave my BBM list when she bought her iphone this summer. We still text each other, but not as much as when we were BBM buddies. Now my son has an iphone. I can see us texting each other less and less in the future. My daughter, who also lives miles away, just bought a Macpro computer to go along with her ipod, so when her BB Bold expires.....well, who knows.

Sad day, indeed!

RIM has to get these BB10's out pronto. They are losing clients at an alarming rate and when they lose them, how many are they going to win back. Not very much, I am afraid.
    I completely agree, even though I only work at a retail store, most of the employees are highschool/college/university students and there is a massive wave of blackberries being switched to iphones... its ridiculous really. These teens/young adults are their bread and butter consumers for RIM and they are losing them like wildfire....

I think honestly in North America, BBM has lost the need it once filled, with unlimited texting plans and other free over data Instant Messaging apps like iMessage and Google Talk, Facebook Messenger, it is slowly becoming just an add on to having a BlackBerry, when it once was (with the keyboards) one of the main reasons for consumers to choose it.

The only thing BBM is good for now is emerging markets where the need for a service like BBM is in huge demand and has already started growing.
    BlackBerry Bridge 2.0 shortcuts
    Nokia > Samsung jackII > Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro > Motorola Razr 2 > Torch 9810
    Playbook 16GB > Playbook 32GB > PlayBook 64GB
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

its a normal thing i just lost a BBM a few days ago too. they will see the errors in their ways once the BB10s come out
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

I lost my wife to Iphone, literally, a couple of months ago. I could barely look at her the same! We used BBM constantly throughout the day but when she switched and started texting me I ignored them. I showed her!! lol Anyway, after 2 months she came back to BB and ME!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2897531A

I feel the same way. I used to have all my close friends on BBM and with a decent amount of people somewhere around 20 people in total on my BBM list. Now I'm down to 2 people.

I feel agree with a couple of people, w/ sms, I'm more inclined to ignore them. With BBM, they're more like conversations.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by up488 View Post
    I lost my wife to Iphone, literally, a couple of months ago. I could barely look at her the same! We used BBM constantly throughout the day but when she switched and started texting me I ignored them. I showed her!! lol Anyway, after 2 months she came back to BB and ME!!
    hahaha manipulative... but it's for the greater good.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I'm happy for you. I won't let my wife even think about switching. She knows that I would give her a hard time if she did. She "upgraded" before Christmas and got a Torch 9850 (and loves it) and I bought her a 32 Gb PlayBook for being a "good" girl.

My son and I went to a Wings game in Detroit today and he was complaining about the virtual keyboard on his girlie phone. I was chuckling on the inside. He'll be back.
    CrackBerry Master

gotta drill RIM into their subconcious memory while they are still little. On the other hand i made my friend get a 9900 last week or two, his first smart phone
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

on a little online game which I play, this guy complained about his poor battery life. Hes come back to BB. I dont know but they may just come back. Ugghhhh family members are the worst to lose.
    Thanks For Reading My Post

I won't let my wife even think about switching. She knows that I would give her a hard time. I bought her a 32 Gb PlayBook for being a "good" girl.

My son and I went to a Wings game in Detroit today and he was complaining about the virtual keyboard on his girlie phone. I was chuckling on the inside...
    Speechless...
    WrightWords likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

My son informed me that after getting the ipad, he's also moving on to the iphone--sucks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.

Well, the RIM should seriously consider selling their BBM platform to others. One reason why they hold it back is they have to re-engineer some of the BBM code so that it will bypass the BIS requirement. RIM could sell BBM app for an iPhone and Android for let's say $20 USD per download?

This way I get to keep all my friends connected using BBM rather than stupid SMS.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peritaxis View Post
    hahaha manipulative... but it's for the greater good.
    Lol, for the greater good is right! She was already missing her BB and BBM so by ignoring her texts on regular basis, giving her the cold shoulder and calling her a traitor, all things combined only convinced her to come back sooner!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    Well, the RIM should seriously consider selling their BBM platform to others. One reason why they hold it back is they have to re-engineer some of the BBM code so that it will bypass the BIS requirement. RIM could sell BBM app for an iPhone and Android for let's say $20 USD per download?

This way I get to keep all my friends connected using BBM rather than stupid SMS.
    The reason blackberry is popular in emerging marlets is because of bbm. Is we release it to other platforms, there is nothing holding people there to get BBs...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by phuoc View Post
    My son informed me that after getting the ipad, he's also moving on to the iphone--sucks.
    This is the the good and bad about iApple stuff... It creates a wave of buying that benefits the Apple Inc. You buy one thing from Apple, next thing you know is that your have to buy another from Apple. I hate how Apple try to control the market by controlling their customers.

I would get an Android phone over joining iCult any day.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Jeovex View Post
    The reason blackberry is popular in emerging marlets is because of bbm. Is we release it to other platforms, there is nothing holding people there to get BBs...
    May be you are right, but the major reason why BlackBerry getting popular in India is the price. The iPhone cost much more than the BlackBerry Curve or even in some places the new Bold is cheaper than any Apple product. So, I don't think BBM along will bring customers to RIM. But you could be right as well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,115 Global Posts

My list keeps getting smaller. I went from 60 bbm contacts to 35
    CrackBerry Abuser

I lose a contact at least once a week. One time I had deleted 8 in 2 days haha. Back in the day my friend told me that bbm would be obsolete in a few years and now come 2012. I actually see that its true. I can see in a few months that I won't even be using this app anymore. And I live in Canada haha
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just ask

I had the same problem, everyone I know has iphones etc...we installed Whatsapp and all is good now
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

My son and I went to a Wings game in Detroit today and he was complaining about the virtual keyboard on his girlie phone. I was chuckling on the inside. He'll be back.
    they always come back LOL.
    Lol, for the greater good is right! She was already missing her BB and BBM so by ignoring her texts on regular basis, giving her the cold shoulder and calling her a traitor, all things combined only convinced her to come back sooner!
    i owuld be calling her a traitor as well. my whole family uses BB but my brother and sister are starting to threaten to move to the iSide if RIM doesnt pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckkdaduck View Post
    I lose a contact at least once a week. One time I had deleted 8 in 2 days haha. Back in the day my friend told me that bbm would be obsolete in a few years and now come 2012. I actually see that its true. I can see in a few months that I won't even be using this app anymore. And I live in Canada haha
    ya i can see that to a point. there are more and more people leaving the world of BBM for Android and the iSide. But like the 1st quote reads "theyll be back"
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3305a1b1

the biggest problem I find is most of the people leaving either do not know how to use a BB well or have an old os 5 phone and have not even tried os 7. (which is amazing)
    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    chris
    bb bold 9930 and playbook
    bb fanatic
    phone pin: 3305a1b1
    playbook pin: 500dcec3

The blackberry nerd!
    Like me on facebook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    PIN
    DROP SILENCE

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    May be you are right, but the major reason why BlackBerry getting popular in India is the price. The iPhone cost much more than the BlackBerry Curve or even in some places the new Bold is cheaper than any Apple product. So, I don't think BBM along will bring customers to RIM. But you could be right as well.
    You are 100% correct. It is mostly because of the retail price, that Iphones aren't popular. Nothing to do with the cost of a basic BB plan. Unlimited sms plans are cheaper or equal to a 'only BBM' plan

The 8520 retails for USD 180 ( much lower in the used phones market) and the Iphone 3Gs sells for USD 400. Android phones are cheaper than USD 180.

And also the peer pressure of everyone using a BB and being available on BBM.
    BB Users from India, check out www.bbindia.net
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by lomed7724 View Post
    the biggest problem I find is most of the people leaving either do not know how to use a BB well or have an old os 5 phone and have not even tried os 7. (which is amazing)
    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    I believe that is correct. I have much less bbm contacts these days I find myself using whatsapp much more than any other app. I have about 15 bbm contacts and about 50 in whatsapp.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast