Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. PrimalYeti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    176 Posts
    PIN
    266AA60B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Ringtone for specific BBM contact(s)?

    Is it possible to set a ringtone for a specific BBM contact?

    I have some co-workers on my BBM and I would like to set a custom ringtone for them so I know when it's important (or can be ignored )

    Thanks!
  2. Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    10,170 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    No. Not currently.
  3. cplush's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    PIN
    32200ECB
    #3  

    Default

    There's a free version of berry buzz out there that might let you do this, i know it let's you edit the led but it might also do specific ringtones. Give it a whirl.
    7290 8130 8830 9550 9630 9650
  4. Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    10,170 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Nope. There's currently no way to set up Contact Alerts for BlackBerry Messenger.
  5. PrimalYeti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    176 Posts
    PIN
    266AA60B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
    Nope. There's currently no way to set up Contact Alerts for BlackBerry Messenger.
    Well that's disappointing
  6. jusdis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    552 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    PIN
    D.K.D.
    #6  

    Default

    Just add them to your contacts and assign them all the same ringtone.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jusdis View Post
    Just add them to your contacts and assign them all the same ringtone.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That does not work within BBM does it?


    RIM is opening up BBM to developers they announced at DevCon so we may see the likes of BerryBuzz include custom BBM contact sounds,
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
  8. PrimalYeti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    176 Posts
    PIN
    266AA60B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    No, it does not work, I tried it :'(

    And I heard about RIM opening BBM up. We should see some exciting stuff coming down the pipe
  9. Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    10,170 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jusdis View Post
    Just add them to your contacts and assign them all the same ringtone.
    Come on, folks. You are just making stuff up.
  10. jusdis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    552 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    PIN
    D.K.D.
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
    Come on, folks. You are just making stuff up.
    Oh relax...My mistake. When I saw RINGTONE in the heading I assumed he was refering to a RINGTONE.

    I have always considered SMS/BBM/Facebook etc as NOTIFICATION TONES.

    Phone calls RING. Messengers NOTIFY.

    Sorry for any heartache and depression this may have caused.
  11. PrimalYeti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    176 Posts
    PIN
    266AA60B
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jusdis View Post
    Oh relax...My mistake. When I saw RINGTONE in the heading I assumed he was refering to a RINGTONE.

    I have always considered SMS/BBM/Facebook etc as NOTIFICATION TONES.

    Phone calls RING. Messengers NOTIFY.

    Sorry for any heartache and depression this may have caused.
    Lmfao! No heartache! I appreciate the effort
    It's a shame RIM hasn't let us do this yet, but can't really complain when the iPhone hardly even lets you change any of your notifications.
  12. jusdis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    552 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    PIN
    D.K.D.
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalYeti View Post
    Lmfao! No heartache! I appreciate the effort
    It's a shame RIM hasn't let us do this yet, but can't really complain when the iPhone hardly even lets you change any of your notifications.
    Seriously!!?? They don't have an app for that?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. vmjamerican's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalYeti View Post
    Is it possible to set a ringtone for a specific BBM contact?

    I have some co-workers on my BBM and I would like to set a custom ringtone for them so I know when it's important (or can be ignored )

    Thanks!
    If you link the BB messenger contact with their profile in your contacts( address book) the ringtone you have set for them in that profile will also transfer to BB messenger and when they send you a message the ringtone will play. Therefore you will know who's sending you a message on BB messenger.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  14. Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    10,170 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vmjamerican View Post
    If you link the BB messenger contact with their profile in your contacts( address book) the ringtone you have set for them in that profile will also transfer to BB messenger and when they send you a message the ringtone will play. Therefore you will know who's sending you a message on BB messenger.
    Don't think so.

    Have you actually successfully done this?
  15. vmjamerican's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Mine works fine..its set that way now.
    I have to make a correction though for my earlier post. I have a ring tone set for my bb messenger group. Its under loud profile, messages, bb messenger group. Who ever is associated with that group will get the ring tone.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vmjamerican; 12-02-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: forgot to specify how to and specify a group and not an individual.
  16. kepeters's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    So how would I do that for individual contacts if I don't have any groups?

Posting Permissions