CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Restore cleared BBM chat

I was in the middle of a BBM chat when suddenly, in my rush to reply (while doing other things as well), I accidently pressed the Clear Chat, and all the chat history with that person disappeared from my BBM. There was no confirmation requested, it just deletes the entire chat immediately. I am really annoyed, I had many information in that chat that I need to keep referring to. Is there a way I can recover or restore the chat history into the BBM chat window again? How do I recover the details of that chat? I'm using the 9900, thanks.

Global Posts
    51,344 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarr View Post
    I was in the middle of a BBM chat when suddenly, in my rush to reply (while doing other things as well), I accidently pressed the Clear Chat, and all the chat history with that person disappeared from my BBM. There was no confirmation requested, it just deletes the entire chat immediately. I am really annoyed, I had many information in that chat that I need to keep referring to. Is there a way I can recover or restore the chat history into the BBM chat window again? How do I recover the details of that chat? I'm using the 9900, thanks.
    Unfortunately, if you press clear chat (even if you didn't mean to) it is gone forever. The only way you could get it back is if you have chat logging on and I believe that saves to your sd card. but no way to recover the OPEN chat that I know of. Sorry!!
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    OS 10.2.1.2947 on VZW-HTTR forever
    Need Sideloading Help? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
    Need help using the CB10 App? http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...10-app-872463/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee5799 View Post
    Unfortunately, if you press clear chat (even if you didn't mean to) it is gone forever. The only way you could get it back is if you have chat logging on and I believe that saves to your sd card. but no way to recover the OPEN chat that I know of. Sorry!!
    That's disappointing. The operating system should ask our confirmation first before deleting months worth of chat data. In fact, rule of thumb, should always ask for confirmation before deleting anything. Anyway, I'll try to see if I can salvage anything from my SD card. Thanks.