CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Replaced my Tour, Want my apps Back :( - BBM 5.0

I just got a brand new one, track ball is great!

Before I got it replaced I went to DM and backed up my phone, but when I restored it, I lost my third party apps like pandora, and BBM 5.0

What do I do...redownload everything?

Also , the link for the former download of BBM 5.0 is dead, where can I get it now?
  2. SBG
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30B2C0F3

Same thing happened to me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Are we supposed to replace the SIM card in the replacement phone with our old SIM card?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    PIN
    Scan my Avatar if you want it that bad.

Its up to you if you already activated your SIM then keep it, if not swap it. As for BBM 5.0 here is where I downloaded mine yesterday after wiping my phone.

BBM 5.0 OTA’s for everyone who missed out on the first leak BerryReview Forums

As for the rest of the Software yeah, re-download it.... If it needs a PIN or code then you'll need to contact the software provider to change your PIN and Code. Most of them have automated systems you just put the new pin in.
    A wise VZW employee once said - Treat Verizon Wireless Employees well and you'll always get what you want. Yell and scream and you'll only get what your entitled.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ...oh yeah, i have one of those.

when the **** is 5.0 officially coming out ?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    3100B153 <---- ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Mycko809 View Post
    when the **** is 5.0 officially coming out ?
    On ?/?/?? Lol jk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    732 Global Posts
    PIN
    S...ALL THE COOL KIDS HAVE 'EM

Quote Originally Posted by iamchrisc View Post
    Are we supposed to replace the SIM card in the replacement phone with our old SIM card?
    No

10char
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggerr View Post
    Before I got it replaced I went to DM and backed up my phone, but when I restored it, I lost my third party apps like pandora, and BBM 5.0

What do I do...redownload everything?
    If all you did was click on "back up", then only your data was backed up (calendar, address book, etc). Applications are not backed up. You'll have to re-download everything.

If you want to backup your 3rd party apps for next time, do the following:

1) Start up Desktop Manager and connect your blackberry.
    2) Click on "Device Switch Wizard"
    3) Click on "Start" for "Switch Blackberry Devices"
    4) De-select everything in the 3rd column except "third-party applications" (it should be the only one checked).
    5) Click next and wait for it to do it's thing.
    6) When it's done, a window will pop up asking you to connect the new device. Don't touch anything!
    7) Do a search on your computer for files/folders that contain your PIN in its title. (It's usually in your temp directory, such as C:/temp.)
    8) Copy the folder to a safe place. This is your back up.
    9) Go back to desktop manager and cancel the device switch.

To restore the 3rd party apps, go to "Application Loader", and then "add/remove applications". Click on "Browse" after DM has scanned your phone. Browse your way to the folder you had stored in step #8 above. Load the alx file. A list of all your 3rd party apps will pop up. Check them to install them.

The "back up" feature doesn't back up your device, it just backs up your data since that's the only important and irreplaceable thing in your phone. Your apps can always be re-downloaded.