Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default poynt app not connect to bbm

my poynt app is not connecting to bbm and when i go into options under bbm and try to force it to connect it will not go. any ideas
    CrackBerry User

same problem, tried alot, wont connect, all other apps are :/
    CrackBerry Newbie

can some one private message me how to open a thread plzz im new to thiss !!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    my poynt app is not connecting to bbm and when i go into options under bbm and try to force it to connect it will not go. any ideas
    Hey dfb8085,

Chelsea at Poynt Support here. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we have our Q/A Team working to find an answer for you.

They have asked for a little more information in an effort to recreate you issue here at Poynt HQ. Can you please e-mail us from inside the app with a little more detail on your issue. We would like to know where the process is breaking down for you, as well as any error messages you might be getting.

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Chelsea@Poynt
    CrackBerry Genius

I have no problems with Poynt, under BBM options it shows connected. Do you have the latest update of poynt.
    CrackBerry User

Now THAT's service! Nice to see more app developers paying attention to user concerns!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    Did you go into the Poynt app and click on "Share"? I couldn't get it to work when I first updated Poynt. After trying that, it connected.
    James
    Q10
    32GB PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Sorry everyone I had a phone emergency and have just got back online. When I working with poynt on my phone going through the uninstall reinstall it caused my 9800 to go into the endless boot loop. OMG what a problem. Of course I didn't have a backup of my phone which is my fault. Anyway phone in endless boot loop DM will not talk to it. I found on crackberry how to get communication to the phone using indian trick apploader and finally got the OS back on the phone. lost all contacts and other info. OMG what a ordeal. Finally got the phone up on 1 leg and started trying to restore it. Still working on cantacts but all apps were gone. Free ones and paid for ones. Another OMG problem. Free ones just redownload if you can remember them. Paid for ones notso easy. Need keys for the apps. Off I go emailing all of them to ask for tech support. Anyway all that is backup now so I need a fresh backup. Found one thing though. DM will not backup your 3rd party apps. So what is one to do about that. another look around on crackberry or the web one (I don"t remember which) cause by this times its 2am and my mind is not the freshest in the world. anyway another indian trick through DM and I got my 3rd party apps backedup except poynt which caused all this crap in the first place. Whew!!!this was a real problem that could have been lessened if I had a cuurent backup and made arrangments to have the 3rd party apps backedup as well. Everybody seems to thing DM will backup everything but as I can testify it will not do the apps so be aware if this happens to you. I am so tired and fet up will all this phone crap I'm almost ready to have them all cut off NOT REALLY
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesuc View Post
    Did you go into the Poynt app and click on "Share"? I couldn't get it to work when I first updated Poynt. After trying that, it connected.
    whoa, this did it! try to share this within Poynt to a BBM contact and it goes through the connecting process!
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme