Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Password Keeper? Is it worth it?

Newbie question, should I just delete the Password Keeper app from my BB? I never use it and its just there.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,582 Global Posts

1. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/pass...assword+keeper

2. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/pass...assword+keeper

3. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/pass...assword+keeper

Different threads discussing Password Keeper pros/cons. If you don't use it, delete it. i use it heavily!
    CrackBerry Addict

I use it all the time. Its too hard to remember like different user names and passwords to different sites.
    DONT HATE BECAUSE YOUR STUCK WITH AN IPHONE!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    PIN
    3041444a

If you don't forsee needing it, delete it.

I use mine a lot. I have a job where I have multiple passwords to things and you have to change them every 30, 60 or 90 days. So I need a secure way to keep track of all that. Plus Password Keeper has a nifty password generator that can help you think of new ones. Since you usually can't repeat p-words it's nice to get some help.

Of course it would be nice (and probably) unsafe to have a way to export all you passwords to a text file or something. I got my phone wet and couldn't turn it on for 3 days while it dried. Over that time I had no access to my p-words.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I deleted it and use Ascendo Datavault. Great program. I use on my PC and BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. CGI
    CrackBerry Addict

I use it and consider it among my most valuable apps.

I think I have around 85 entries... which seems nuts until you factor in all the websites, personal info like credit cards, any special account numbers for your home, etc.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

thanks for the link to those threads. made the decision to delete it those posts. dont really need it.
    Houston Rockets.
    Tennessee Titans.
    CrackBerry Master

SO: if I were the evil George S or the like with lots and lots of money to throw around, why not spend some trying to crack the password keeper (or Norton's offering or your bank's offering) - if you could crack one, then you would have lots and lots of targets to milk. I keep mine in a flat ascii file, offline. Seems everybody is offering such. Is real security improved or just perceived ? Is the actual gain really that of convenience, or not ?

Doctor Neutron