Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Open BBM without showing R to contact?

I want to open the messages on my blackberry messenger, but I don't want my friend and the sender to know that i opened the message.

Thank You
    Banned

dont use bbm at all then...

either preview a few words of them from the messages application or install bbm5.0 to get the small preview under the name

You cant disable that, you gotta live with it. But dont worry, you will become a proficient liar every time you read the message but dont answer and you have to make up an excuse. Thats how it works =[
    Last edited by gbsn; 10-01-2009 at 10:51 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,485 Global Posts

Then don't open the message.

You can get a "preview" of the BBM by going into your Messages folder and looking (not opening) at the BBM.

If that's going to be an issue for you, i recommend you download Google Talk. The format is similar to BBM but without the Sent/Read notification.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask

There is a way that I just figured out a few days ago.
    First off you need to have your conversation history saving turned on.
    Then what you want to do is when someone sends you a message instead of opening the chat you go over the chat and click the Blackberry Button and click view history and it will show you what He/She said without showing an R.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2166EF8E

Easiest way is to highlight the BBM message and click the "Enter" key on the keyboard itself instead of using the trackpad. It works flawlessly!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyce-Daytona View Post
    Easiest way is to highlight the BBM message and click the "Enter" key on the keyboard itself instead of using the trackpad. It works flawlessly!!

This opens the chat, and the sender will get the "R" This is what the OP was trying not to do. It doesn't work flawlessly, sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisd534 View Post
    There is a way that I just figured out a few days ago.
    First off you need to have your conversation history saving turned on.
    Then what you want to do is when someone sends you a message instead of opening the chat you go over the chat and click the Blackberry Button and click view history and it will show you what He/She said without showing an R.
    This is the only way that you can read the whole message but not get an "R"