Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default new bbm 5.0 for 8100

hey all, to get the new leaked blackberry messenger for your 8100 just download this version for the curve here at http://www.berryosfiles.com/downloads/BBM_4.5.0.zip

then unzip the .alx file and load it through desktop manager just like any other application!

cheers!

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Thanks bud, this definitely works. Gonna have to add it into my upgrade guide.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    999 Global Posts
    PIN
    i lost mine, can i have yours?

Yes! I can send it to a friend of mine who was feelin left out! Thanks for the post

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Upgrading now! Thanks so much! I was upset to see that none of the Pearls were getting any love with this BBM.

EDIT: Updated without any problems! I'm loving BBM 5.0
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-18-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    You know how to get hip to my heart
    iLove
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    DAKAAS, wie is er niet groot mee geworden?

Upgraded op 2 Pearls. It works absolutely great!
    Keep in touch with the Dutch

twitter
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27FC9BEF

any love for the pearl 8110 or 8130? my girl wants the new bbm on her pearl too
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by JFTeran View Post
    any love for the pearl 8110 or 8130? my girl wants the new bbm on her pearl too
    It should work across all Pearl models. :-)
    CrackBerry User

Thanks!
    I will need it
    CrackBerry User

I have tried this every which way on my wifes 8130 and I am not able to get it to work. She is running 4.5.0.77 and I have tried through the desktop manager and OTA and it doesn't work, when her phone reboots there isn't an icon for the BBM any ideas? Also does anyone know if OS 5.0 is going to be included for the Pearl 8130?

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN

Don't know about 5.0 OS being available, but I suspect it will. Take the .alx and put it in here:

Move the old "bb qm peer" files to a "RemovedFiles" folder, just in case. Then put the new files where they were:

Then run DM, and it should prompt to install it. If not, access your AppLoader.exe and run it. I'll have a complete tutorial on my guide by the end of the weekend. There's lots of options and changes. It's sweet!

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

The titles are missing on the BBOS page. Its not by device by by OS

4.6 works on the Bold and Pearl Flip (confirmed)

4.5 worked on the 8100, 8120 and 8320 (confirmed)
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

For me it worked on 1 Pearl on the other it kept failing download and giving COD error. This with 2 identical phones with latest OS running.

So I guess there can be some issues with OTA install.

But then
    Try above steps by BigBadWolf!

That should do the trick!

Thx BigBadWolf for your great post!
    Spreading the word in EU...

twitter

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN

Thanks Sammy! I wouldn't want to do an OTA, unless absolutely necessary. Anything goes wrong, and there's no back up plan at that time. I saved a back up before I loaded, and another one after. Went smoothly. Can't wait to get the time to show everyone all the tricks.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    PIN
    30F558F8

Yes SIR! Thanks BigBadWolf! You are a lifesaver. Works on my 8130.
    O-M-G..I LOVE IT!

JE
    Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 07-18-2009 at 01:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWolf View Post
    Thanks Sammy! I wouldn't want to do an OTA, unless absolutely necessary. Anything goes wrong, and there's no back up plan at that time. I saved a back up before I loaded, and another one after. Went smoothly. Can't wait to get the time to show everyone all the tricks.
    May I use your screenshots and translate some in dutch for my weedsmoking blackberry friends? TYIA

twitter

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by samsams View Post
    May I use your screenshots and translate some in dutch for my weedsmoking blackberry friends? TYIA
    That is too bloody funny! Of course Sammy, have at it.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

That is too bloody funny! Of course Sammy, have at it.
    Thx! Sam's Perlage, Hoe te installeren: de nieuwe BB messenger 5.0
    Happy greetings from Holland to you!

twitter

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN

One key point here folks. If you have an OS version 4.5.077 or less, you need to upgrade at the same time. This will do nothing but give you heck if you don't!

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    PIN
    24AB7CD9

Default I'm sorry, I'm confused.

Don't know about 5.0 OS being available, but I suspect it will. Take the .alx and put it in here:

Move the old "bb qm peer" files to a "RemovedFiles" folder, just in case. Then put the new files where they were:

Then run DM, and it should prompt to install it. If not, access your AppLoader.exe and run it. I'll have a complete tutorial on my guide by the end of the weekend. There's lots of options and changes. It's sweet!

So after I put the .axl file in the folder and move the other ones into a "removedfiles" folder, what new files do I move there? I'm sorry, that just confused me a little! I didn't see any other files. Thanks!
    Jenn
    "If you think my hands are full;
    you should see my heart!"

Pink Moto RAZR -- Treo 680 -- Curve 8310 -- iPhone -- Curve 8310 -- Pearl 8110 - iPhone -- Nexus One/White Bold 9000
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

The new BBM not working with OS lower than 4.5.0.140 or even *.153 (not tested). I've tested on my 8800 couple times and only working on 4.5.0.161

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by gingerdawg610 View Post
    So after I put the .axl file in the folder and move the other ones into a "removedfiles" folder, what new files do I move there? I'm sorry, that just confused me a little! I didn't see any other files. Thanks!
    All the "bb qm peer" files that come with the download. They are and go as I pictured them for you. They are the highlighted files.

CrackBerry User

Talking

Thanks so much for your help everyone! I had to end up upgrading her OS in order to get it to work for some reason it wouldn't work on 4.5.0.77 but I got it now and it is sweet!

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN

For more complete instructions, with the link, go here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...92#post2035092

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I downloaded it OTA, and it seems to be working just fine!
    CrackBerry Newbie

when I tired to load it on to my Desk top manager it kept saying no additional application designed for your device.... am I doing something wrong?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast