music stops playing when i receive a text/bbm/email
01-30-13 05:24 PM
- Same here. From reading around the boards it appears to be a bug/feature. No way I've seen to fix/change it.
Actually, thinking back, the other day I did have messages that arrived while it was playing and it kept playing -- but when I started looking at the messages it rebooted on me.12-17-09 09:31 PM
- This just started happening to me the other day! I hadn't upgraded the OS or anything. I was listening to Slacker at the gym and everytime I got a message it would pause and it would take awhile to get going again. Now, I just set the profile to silent when I'm listening to music.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-09-10 12:19 PM
I just tested on .423 and the alert sounds while the music is playing with no stopping or skipping, though, so I don't know...01-09-10 01:33 PM
- I just got my 9700 last Thursday and love it so far. I do/did have some glitches, but I've been working on them. I'm currently running the OS that came with the phone. Tmobile is my Carrier. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem! I'm a music lover, and I hate that my ALERT SOUNDS go off in the background while listening to my music! I was previously a flip owner, and the ONLY time my music sounded off was when I received a phone call. I didn't know I had any messages or emails except when I stopped or paused my media player. That was the ONLY time the alerts went off. I just recorded a voice note, and an alert went off. I played it back, and I heard the alert in the background. NOT COOL AT ALL! Do I HAVE to be on a different Profile just to avoid this annoyance?02-03-10 03:46 PM
- I'm not sure what's goin on with my 9000 and music. I used to have OS 4.6 on it worked fine, kept playing the music but now I have OS 5.0 on and when I receive a text it's fine, but if I have a new E-mail/bbm/msn message it stops... damn annoying... OS 5 was downloaded from Blackberry.com so should not have problems like if it was leaked... I've tried changing the settings, no luck...
If you guys have a solution please drop me a message on firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm actually thinking to just go back to 4.6 ....02-09-10 03:32 AM
- ATT BB BOLD 9700 - Okay so I had the same problem. It was not fun when I was on the stair stepper or the ellipitcal to pick up my phone and hit the play button EVERY TIME I got an email or text.
Whatever sound is going off while you are enjoying your music, it must be on silent.
So, I just switch the entire profile to silent.
As far as phone calls, the music player stops, just as the Curve did, but the phone does not actually make noise because it is on silent.03-03-10 11:40 AM
- I am experiencing the same problem. Strange thing is that the music was playing just fine. At some point it started being interrupted by notifications, but I did not make any profile changes (or OS upgrade).
I've recently upgraded to .545 (9700) hoping that it would return to normal, but the music is still being interrupted.
Any ideas on how to get it back to "normal", without changing the profile?
Last edited by Vaughan.Quinton; 03-18-10 at 06:40 AM.03-18-10 05:20 AM
- I was previously using OS .680 and I would recieve my notifications while playing music, without issues. It wasn't until recently that the music actually would stop and not restart until I pressed play again. I upgraded to .743 and Im still experiencing that problem even when my profile is set to silence.
Could there be something else going on??07-19-10 12:49 PM
- With my Bold 9700 I will receive BBM/Text/eMail and the music will stop. I havent changed any settings at all. I received a BBM message and the music stopped, before I could get to the phone someone was calling me. I missed the call and after it stopped ringing the music came back on. Maybe BBM isn't telling the player that the message was received??? PLEASE HELP!!!07-19-10 07:46 PM
- I had this problem as well and I think I have the solution. Every time I got a sms mms or bbm my music would stop and when I tired to play the file my phone would say tht an error has occurred. I figured that one of the apps I downloaded had a bug/virus. Go to setting/options/security options/security wipe. Check the second box which should say "user installed apps" this removes all ur downloaded apps. Since u have no way of determining which app has the bug attached then I think this is ur best shot of getting ur music to play while receiving messages. While in security wipe u have three options please make sure the option u selected is the one u want because this cannot b undone and once u start the wipe u cannot stop it.12-08-10 07:50 AM
- I had this problem as well and I think I have the solution. Every time I got a sms mms or bbm my music would stop and when I tired to play the file my phone would say tht an error has occurred. I figured that one of the apps I downloaded had a bug/virus. Go to setting/options/security options/security wipe. Check the second box which should say "user installed apps" this removes all ur downloaded apps. Since u have no way of determining which app has the bug attached then I think this is ur best shot of getting ur music to play while receiving messages. While in security wipe u have three options please make sure the option u selected is the one u want because this cannot b undone and once u start the wipe u cannot stop it.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Just set your profile to silent when playing music and you won't be interrupted.
That's all you have to do. No virus, no bug. That's how it works.12-08-10 08:07 AM
- I was using the torch 9800 until recently when I switched the the bold 9780. I had two curves before my torch and I have never once had this issue until now. I have always had an aux port in my truck so my phone has been my jukebox for like 6 years now and now that i have the bold I have to figure out how i can listen to music uninterrupted. it doesnt even make any sense... why would the tunes stop just because i got a text? someone please help. i dont want to buy an ipod.09-22-12 04:22 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- BlackBerry OS
- Native BlackBerry OS Apps
music stops playing when i receive a text/bbm/email
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD