Help with BBM/PIN pending authorization.
SO here's the scenario, I'm trying to add a Registered BB (BIS) user to BBM.
1. we BOTH have BIS on and CONFIRMED it's working, so this is not an issue.
2. I'm in the US (i use Sprint and T-Mobile from work), and this other person living in Indonesia now.
3. We both have added contact info on our address book with PIN info in it.
4. He is using a PostPaid using ProXL.
5. The phone he is using is from BOLD from ATT and was unlock NOT using the code from ATT.
6. I have another friend with BB unlock using the code and no problem whatsoever.
Now, lets say my name is A (here in US) and his name is B (in Indonesia)
I (A) am able to add other BBM and some from different countries, He (B) is able to add other BBM in Indonesia without a problem. but when we tried each other it never works.
1. I (A) add his (B) Pin but he (B) never receive my (A) Pin Req.
2. He (B) add my Pin and I (A) receive his (B) Req, I (A) accept but he (B) still never got my Pin req/approval. (his (B) name goes Pending forever, waited 7 days for this)
3. I (A) added using the blackberry email firstname.lastname@example.org, he (B) received the req, he (B) accept the req and his (B) name goes online on my BB BUT after awhile it goes "Contact Unreachable" AND my (A) name still Pending on his (B) devices.
I'm trying to find a background info on how this BBM system works.
The only thing that i think why it's not working it's because of the way the BB was unlock. is it possible that when BB is unlock using code from provider, it release some restriction from the blackberry provider server and update "something" globally ? Like how DNS works ? PIN is technically SIMILAR as domain names if you think about it.
only place i can find someone that is having the same problem is THis post
Any input guys ? anyone work for blackberry or deal with the server maintenance before ?
Thanks for reading the long post, but this must've been a know issue.
Last edited by dumb4ever; 03-29-09 at 10:15 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
03-29-09, 10:03 PM #2
- 5,954 Posts
- DoLoL Is A βeta Blocker
Well BBM uses data first of all so if you both have a data plan it should be no problemo. Have you tried copying his pin and adding it to your address book? I have seen several of these "pending" instances lately and I told them to try the same. Copy his pin, delete the contact under bbm and then re-add him. Here's a link on BBM. Hope it helps...
Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com
Last edited by mwdb4au; 03-29-09 at 10:06 PM.
- 03-29-09, 10:06 PM #4
Are you positive the one in Indonesia is able to add others? Also can they add anyone outside Indonesia?
The unlock code doesn't make a difference... the one you'd get from at&t would be the same from others.
Also have him call his service provider. Is he prepaid or postpaid? If prepaid, that may be the issue (not sure, just coming up with stuff)
Yes positive, he could chat with peoples there, none outside indonesia ( because we mostly do business here in the US and there in Indonesia mainly and he just recently move there ).
Have not called the provider, and he's on PostPaid (monthly billing), interestingly enough, i was able to add his wife to my bbm and she's using the same provider, same BIS but i believe her phone was unlocked using code from T-mobile before they left.
Last edited by dumb4ever; 03-29-09 at 10:14 PM.
- 03-29-09, 10:30 PM #6
Well... I got a code from a 3rd party and also received the t-mobile code... both of which were the same. Not sure if that is the issue. What device does she have?
Are you able to pin message that person?
Well the phone was unlock not using a code, but by nuking the bb and reinstalling it, no code was used.
we are able to send Pin message to each other, but not BBM. His wife uses the 8320 Tmobile, and i can chat with her jsut fine.
- 03-29-09, 10:40 PM #8
Well... then. Get the unlock code. Lol. Not sure if it's too late after the nuking stuff.
LoL, i dont think it's possible, and there is got to be some sort of solution to this, if someone with Blackberry server experience could shed some light. all i need to know if how this thing work and solution can be found
I actually did, all you need to do is Reinstall the BBM application.
What you do is:
1. Delete BBM from the BB
2. Do a battery pull and wait 30+ sec
3. Reinstall BBM
4. Do another Battery pull
5. Re-send service book if needed.
Your BBM Should work as normal.