Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    CrackBerry Master

The survey is slightly unfair. There are radio buttons for selecting what feature we want next. What if we want multiple feature?
    1. I think calling over 3G is a no brainer. Everybody would want that option. Why not?
    2. But I also want ability to "turn off" BBM VOICE (just the voice part) even when I am on WiFi. I have to turn off WiFi in order to turn off BBM Voice. Forced to use (expensive) carrier data even when I am home.
    There was a thread about this and I think we were told by Forums Moderator (Kevin or somebody?) that BBM team is looking into it and has assured that this will be something that will be provided. Thread was LOCKED by moderator at that time. Since then, we have had another BBM update but this basic feature (ability to turn off VOICE on WiFi) has not been made available yet.
    So, I'd request BBM team (if its reading this thread) for these two features:
    1) Ability to turn off BBM Voice on WiFi (or even whitelist/blacklist certain contacts from Voice Calling) and
    2) Ability to call over 3G data (but please also display how much data is being used with each call. Usually, we can see, how long a call was? 2:00 minutes call. But how about, you also show 2 minute call using 2MB of data)
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html

Global Posts
    35,133 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    Works like a dream and very very clear. much better voice quality then skype and face time.

The problem is that I have to find a time when me & the person I want to talk to are both on wifi. This needs to also use cellular 3g/4g signals.

My only other comment would be the call button on the top right. It needs to be a bit bigger. My fat fingers often accidently gets the profile instead.

Also, if there is a RIM BBM Rep here they need to start posting. Look at the Viber thread. Sure the viber rep basically says the same thing over & over..."it's coming" but it's still nice to see their posts, & they do respond to individual post too
    you'll see few RIMployees posting here, though they do. It's more productive if you don't know who they are, but trust me, they're here, and they're reading.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Amongst the handful of friends I have that own Blackberries, none have managed to get BBM voice working. Everyone gets the "Your voice chat connection cannot be established" error. I have tried the "fix" of hardcoding my IP on my 9900, I have tried multiple WiFi networks, and it has never worked. At this point I have given up trying and am hoping the next BBM update fixes it.

So far, at least for my friends and I, BBM voice is a massive bust. I tried doing the survey, but they have no options for people that can't get it working.
    Last edited by s7ark; 01-18-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: clarity
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
    Amongst the handful of friends I have that own Blackberries, none have managed to get BBM voice working. Everyone gets the "Your voice chat connection cannot be established" error. I have tried the "fix" of hardcoding my IP on my handset, I have tried multiple WiFi networks, and it has never worked. At this point I have given up trying and am hoping the next BBM update fixes it.
    This is actually a great point. There should be an option to turn-off and turn-on VOICE connection. This will serve as a force-refresh of sorts. Right now, as soon as you are on WiFi, it connects to Voice. If it is unable to establish connection, then it just shows that red exclamation mark icon and there is no way to force it to re-try. You have to turn off WiFi all together, instead of just being able to turn-off VOICE.
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    CrackBerry Newbie

Afternoon all,
    I had to reinstall BBM since I was getting this error mess " your voice chat connections cannot be established"...still same message..any ideas on a fix?
    CrackBerry Newbie

still having the error " your voice chat connection cannot be established?
    CrackBerry Newbie

any ideas?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by richardco View Post
    still having the error " your voice chat connection cannot be established?
    Best of luck. If you figure it out, please post it here.
    CrackBerry Newbie

yep unfortunately
    CrackBerry Newbie

had to reinstall BBM since I was getting this error mess " your voice chat connections cannot be established"...still same message..any ideas on a fix?
    CrackBerry Genius

I didn't read the whole thread to see if it was mentioned but it makes a great intercom in the home. Since we all have BlackBerrys we can use the voice function when a simple BBM text will not do the job.
    CrackBerry User

Love BBM, but BBM Voice just isn't useful to me the way it is implemented. If I happen to be on WiFi, which is not often since my phone has a data plan, often none of my friends are available to chat with. I have to tell them to find a WiFi network so we can chat. Most of the time, this is very difficult. That just doesn't work. Why can't we chat over the data network if we want to? The carriers will still make money via the data network. Perhaps the following can be done: Display a popup could be displayed warning the first time when a voice connection is being made or accepted over a cellular data network: "Data charges will be incurred."
    CrackBerry User

Default My experience to solve my connection issue with BBM Voice

Quote Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
    Best of luck. If you figure it out, please post it here.
    Hi there!

At first our calls would drop after a few seconds of connection. It would even freeze my hotspot and request me to reboot the hotspot device to allow my phone to reconnect to the wifi.
    My hotspot device is an old modem-router from Netgear (DG834T). Then after multiple attempts I decided to make new tests using the hotspot feature of the modem-router of my ISP provider. It worked immediatly like a charm.
    I could then have conversations for more than one hour with my correspondant located in another country. Sound has been excellent, even clearer than during a regular cell call.

This is a great feature which seems working extraordinarly well. However it will remain pretty confidential given that it is limited to only wifi. Given also that cross-platform apps will come and offer voice call over data plan.
    If RIM offers BBM voice/video over dataplan in the near future, it is important they keep BBM in house (not making it multi/cross platform) since this feature would become a real appealing asset for consumers choice (choosing BB by choice). If they don't make it available over dataplan, then third apps Video/call/chat will soon surface and RIM would lose slowly BBM as an asset.

I hope they read these lines ;-)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Give your BBM Voice Feedback to the BBM Team!

Please make bbm a cross platform app!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by muhammadawais94 View Post
    Please make bbm a cross platform app!
    Not going to happen. Thorsten heins said so.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by richardco View Post
    Afternoon all,I had to reinstall BBM since I was getting this error mess " your voice chat connections cannot be established"...still same message..any ideas on a fix?
    Didn't have to bump 6 times. Lol.Run a ping test using http://www.pingtest.net/ to see if your connection is good enough. It's not the speed, it's the quality that can affect it too. Packet loss is a bad thing.
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)

PIN

I haven't used it yet, but I'll be giving it a try soon enough. I wonder if you could call multiple people.

CrackBerry Addict

Worked great on my 9780.. Clear as can be!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Feel free to ask.

I pesonally found the call quality to be very poor so I stick with calling people's numbers. If they can (and I am sure they will) improve call quality and make it available over data and not just wifi, I will definitely use it over calling people by their mobile number.

Until then, I will stick to the old fashioned mobile number.
    CrackBerry Abuser

..... I have BBM7 on a Blackberry 7.1 OS but BBM voice is, for some reason, still "not available" in my country.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BBM voice

An absolutely awesome idea, however, still some issues, I have one Rogers 9790, one Bell 9780, both show the BBM voice icon when not connected to wifi, but when I connect to wifi, it disappears and yes the person on the other end is on wifi as well. Will wait for bb 10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

For touchscreens it is simple to make a call, just simply touch the icon. But for non touch screens, this is more difficult to easily make a call. You have to move the trackpad. Now when you start a new chat, that is no problem. But when I am already in a chat, and I already have a conversation, I have to scroll aallll the way up to make the call. That is very annoying, please BBM team, provide us a link in the menu as well.

Global Posts
    35,133 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

For all you without touchscreens, it's easy peasy.....

Scroll out of the chat box and press T.

Need back down, press R.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by dibbis View Post
    For touchscreens it is simple to make a call, just simply touch the icon. But for non touch screens, this is more difficult to easily make a call. You have to move the trackpad. Now when you start a new chat, that is no problem. But when I am already in a chat, and I already have a conversation, I have to scroll aallll the way up to make the call. That is very annoying, please BBM team, provide us a link in the menu as well.
    Here's a tip which many already know: Alt + move trackpad up. That jumps to the top.

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    For all you without touchscreens, it's easy peasy.....Scroll out of the chat box and press T.
    This ^^^ (and my tip)

Thanked by:
    BigBadWulf (01-19-2013) 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast