Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Give your BBM Voice Feedback to the BBM Team!

http://crackberry.com/crackberry-sur...back-bbm-voice

Hey CrackBerry Nation, time for quick a survey and to give your feedback.

If you're a regular BlackBerry Messenger user, and especially if you have been putting BBM Voice to use on BBM 7, this is a survey you definitely have to take. The BBM Team at BlackBerry reached out to us with the questions in the survey. They're looking for feedback from CrackBerry readers and members, so this is your chance to help them out directly.

In addition to the survey, we've set up this thread where you can provide further feedback on BBM Voice. A member of the BBM team will be participating on thread, answering questions. So once you take the survey, if you have any other info you want to share with the BBM team, be sure to share it here.

Let's get the conversation going!
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by 2:
    Biulet (01-18-2013),  Bla1ze (01-18-2013) 
    Bla1ze and Biulet like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

love bbm and the addition of calling features is super exciting. My top feedback would be to allow 3G/4G calls as well and not limited to a wifi connection. Of course, having more people to call would help, but I have a feeling BB10 will help that a lot. Thanks BBM team! You guys are awesome.
    Pearl9100>Bold9790>RedQ5
    Downloading now.
    MTL, jakie55, elmit22 and 2 others like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I've had great success with it! Calls are clear, no drops or issues-ever! It has become ANOTHER reason for me to remain BB by Choice! Thank you RIM!
    BlackBerry Passport | AT&T
    CrackBerry User

I have a 9780 and my wife has a 9800. I have tried numerous times and with numerous versions of BBM 7 to get the two to talk to each other. On my phone, I can hear my wife's phone, but with my phone I can hear nothing when speaking through the 9800. It's rather frustrating. I haven't tried it with anyone else because I don't think anyone else on my list has BBM 7.
    --
    Device: BlackBerry Z10 / Carrier: Bell Mobility
    Thanked by:
    arjitmehra (01-18-2013) 
    arjitmehra likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default BBM 3g

this would be just awesome and a cross platform even better just for the calls,
    CrackBerry Addict

Both my gf and I have 9900s and in different countries (us & can). Needless to say our calss have been flawless!! Love the addition of voice to BBM.

Thanks for your time & efforts.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have the storm 2(love it) , looking forward to the BBM voice and wifi calling, but will probably be making my first wifi call on a BB10 .( with video perhaps? a la playbook style )
    Thanked by:
    meierjn (01-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

It works most of the time but the likelihood of me being on wifi while one of my very few bbm contacts are is slim. I think it would be much more practical if we were not restricted to wifi only. It's my data that I pay for and if I want to burn it up on a call then I should be able to. Viber,I hope brings this feature if RIM cannot. I think it's absolutely great that I can talk and chat at the same time. Being able to video/voice chat while sending files over BlackBerry10 is going to be a HUGE selling point imo.

Oh yeah RIM if you are reading this please don't leak everything before the launch and also get us a Playbook that can Run BlackBerry10 apps asap...I could care less about the peek...I just want the good native apps please and thank you.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

first off, love the fact that RIM acklodges how awesome the CB community is .
    ive used ti a few times and its been great. my biggest issue is the fact that i cant see if the person is connected to wifi or not. it ends up most of the time that i just BBM them because i have to do that anyway to ask them if they are connected.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry User

When it works its great. Too many connection issues though. Annoying when it tells you you need to have WiFi connectivity when it already on and working fine. Currently running 7.1.0 bundle 1716 (v7.1.0.569 platform 5.1.0.415)
    hakdaddy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Exactly what he said ^^^
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FDA2DD

I love it! The calls are much clearer using it...
    Mark Corey

"No way I'm going to crash, this is a BEER truck eh!" Bob McKenzie
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Biggest problem with BBM is that it requires a BB. Most of my friends, business contacts and family have either iPhones or androids. How about making BBM cross platform. Then it will be useful.
    The_Adventist likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Love BBM voice. Being an international its hard to be buying calling cards to call back home ,but with BBM voice its free and easy. Would love to be able to make calls over 3G tho. Only had one drop call so far, which is not a big deal as my all if not most of my calling card provider would drop my calls and charge a connection fee when I tried to call again. Love BBM VOICE
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default love the bbm voice feature... but...

it will definitely be more awesome if you could connect via 3G Dataplan and if you could see the availibility of other contacts right from the BBM contact list (or better yet, from the contacts app of the phone).
    MTL likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I don't use BBM, all of my friends have iPhones or Androids. We'll see once BB10 comes out though. Also, I'm not sure whether or not I have BIS but if I don't, can I still use BBM for free?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-voice-760027/

I had a thread on this very subject that sums up my experience quite well!
    I will admit that I have had a few times when I or the other were on wifi yet not able to connect. My wifi signal is weak often and I'm believeing this the cause. It would seem if wifi is good I have had no issues!
    If this service was availiable over cellular 3g/4g signals. My mind would be blown! I could then offically talk it up to EVERYONE!!
    Thanks RIM!
    hakdaddy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Wifi only makes bbm voice damn useless.
    CrackBerry Addict

I love the feature, the calls always go smooth and the sound's quality is very clear!

The only downers are that I'm barely in a wi-fi zone or I don't have the passwords to the ones available. Also only one person from my close friends has BBM and he's never on a wifi zone, and if he is, I'm usually not since we have different schedules. It's nice to use it when you're both at home and so on but everytime there's less and less BlackBerry users in my area, everyone's switching to other platforms making it impossible for me to have any use to it. I may even delete BBM since I only have 10 contacts which are on WhatsApp.

The usability of BBM should be expanded, I love the app way more than any other IM platform and it's such a shame that I just lose contacts away!
    CrackBerry User

I have tried several time to use this function, but on each occassion I have not been able to get a call to connect. I get a ringing tone but the call never gets put through. There is always a connection error message. I get no indication whether it is a firewall issue at my end, recipients end, or some other reason.

EDIT: I forwarded the referenced ports in the BlackBerry Knowledge Base article and I now get connections. I'm surprised that I had to do this, however, as I have never had anything along those lines that has required me to physically set the respective ports.
    Last edited by Jaralle; 01-22-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    hakdaddy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B5A11B6

As majority have mentioned. The calls over wifi is frustrating. Not the receptions, but the availability to wifi zone.
    Hopefully in the near future, make us link to 3G for calls..
    CrackBerry User

Works great, fantastic call quality. Its nice that u can still chat and share files via bbm the regular way while in a call. I always check to see if the little WIFI logo is green and use BBm voice to cotact friends instead of regular calling
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'll echo most sentiments about wi-fi only restricted calls - expansion to phone data use I believe is critical to wide market adoption amoung users. In addition cross platforming (basic) BBM service to other OS could drive out competing competitors such as whatsapp leaving BBM as the world method in communicating. Or integrate BBM voice so one user on BBM voice can talk to another user on Skype or other service... I don't know if that's even technically feasible or if the carriers would cry foul for losing long distance air time charges.

I haven't used this new service very much for simple lack of contacts having to be on wifi at the same time.... conversations would have to be co-ordinated.
    Will be testing this service to keep in contact with Family when away in Panama this week.... so I'll be back to let you know how the service is.

GO BB10.... I can't wait!!!! 13 More Dreams
    CrackBerry Abuser

Love BBM voice. I am looking forward for the addition of calling over 3g network that way voice calling is not limited to wifi only. Cross-platform calling would be useful, maybe an app can be made for non-bb users to accept BBM voice only.
    In addition, I would like to see new update to the playbook for better booting and performance and accept BBM voice through the blackberry bridge. Also answering regular calls while synced with my playbook is bridged to the my phone would be sweetness!
    CrackBerry User

I love the BBM voice feature. It get a bit dicey when the other party on the call has bad wifi. It would be nice to see the option in contact list or call log to make a BBM voice call. 3G calling would also be most welcomed. Maybe a cross platform application that does the the voip thing could be connected to BBM in a way that would extended the reach and usefulness of BBM with voice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast