CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Forgot password for Password Keeper

Hi there,

I forgot my main password for Password Keeper. Is there any way to retrieve it? Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Sure!

Just enter the incorrect password 10 times and it will erase all the things inside the protected folder ONLY and then allow you to start off fresh with a new password...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

This is the most ironic thread ever lol

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.

But Trem is correct.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Ironic indeed! :-) But the good news is that it just wipes Password Keeper, not the whole device as would be the case if you forgot the password to the device or the Key Content Store!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. tfp
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,459 Global Posts

i lol'd at this

sorry but i think you're sol
    CrackBerry Abuser

I know this is an old topic but I was wondering if you lost your password keeper password and entered it wrong 10 times and had all the pk data erased, would restoring from a previous backup give you 10 more tries to enter correctly?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qwiksilver View Post
    I know this is an old topic but I was wondering if you lost your password keeper password and entered it wrong 10 times and had all the pk data erased, would restoring from a previous backup give you 10 more tries to enter correctly?
    That's a very good question. Intuitively it seems that it should. I hope someone will post an answer. If no one does, I'll install Password Keeper on my phone and try it. Since I don't use the app, there's no risk in trying it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

jeffh on 04-30-2010 posted replied that he intended installing Password Keeper try entering incorrect password 10 times then reinstalling from backup to see if all password data was reloaded.
    Any outcome on this - just wanting to check all areas before I purchase a Z10
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,143 Global Posts

I'm sorry, I never got around to trying it, and I still don't use Password Keeper. I use and recommend Lastpass, https://lastpass.com/