Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Zakk_Wylde's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default EVERYTHING "is not available for download from BlackBerry app world"

    Hey Everybody,

    I'm a little late to the show here, but I've just finally installed Blackberry App World on my phone and am unable to get ANY apps to download.

    My phone is a Blackberry Bold 9000, running OS 5.0.0.900.
    My current service provider is Rogers.

    My OS was upgraded about 1 week ago, but BlackBerry App World was not installed until today.

    When I first tried to download an app, I was prompted for my Blackberry Login and Password. I clicked on the link to create an account, and did so successfully.

    Along the way, I was never at any point prompted to enter any billing information.

    So far, I have ONLY tried to download Apps that are marked as "FREE" and so far, every single App that I've tried to download is reporting "<insert name here> is not available for download from BlackBerry App World."

    This happens with EVERY SINGLE APP that I've attempted to download.

    Does anybody know what would cause this problem? Any suggestions?

    Thanks very much.
    Last edited by Zakk_Wylde; 12-08-2010 at 07:19 PM.
  2. Jleeblanch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    538 Posts
    Global Posts
    539 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    My recommendation, delete BlackBerry AppWorld and reboot your device (it should prompt you to do so, but in case it doesn't, do a battery pull anyway).

    After your device has rebooted, download AppWorld again from this link --> BlackBerry App World - Discover the Official Store for BlackBerry Apps <-- This isn't a direct link but here you will also find more info about BB AppWorld which may (or may not) answer some questions.

    Once AppWorld has successfully installed, try downloading whatever free app you want...

    I'm not guarenteeing this will work for you but hopefully it helps. And it's definitely the first thing I would do if an application wasn't performing as I expected...delete and try again. Usual solves minor issues with apps.

    Either way, lemme know how things turn out!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. Zakk_Wylde's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion with no luck.

    The next thing I thought I would try was to download the app using my web browser on my PC, hoping that I'd be able to get a little more information as to why it won't work.

    However, when I try to download using my PC, after I verify my account, I get a screen that says the following:

    "Our records indicate that you have already paid for items in App World with a PayPal account. To transfer your paid items to your My World account and connect your PayPal account to your My World account, please click the button below to be taken to the PayPal site to validate your credentials."

    I've never used Paypal in my life and I've never had a Paypal account. I'm trying to download a FREE app, why does BlackBerry App world require a paypal account, credit card info, etc??
  4. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,371 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,383 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #4  

    Default

    I thought they didn't require a paypal account? When I set mine up it asked me if I had set up a paypal account, and I told it no.
    At least it's not itunes that requires you to enter credit card info
  5. Jleeblanch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    538 Posts
    Global Posts
    539 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Is there not an option to deny the transfer of apps to your My World account? At this point, because it no longer sounds like an actual software issue, but more like an account issue, I would contact AppWorld Support. They should be able to help you in getting things straightened out.

    It sounds to me like whatever email you used to create your BlackBerry ID with, is somehow getting associated with a PayPal account that was (or maybe wasn't) used to purchase apps from within AppWorld.

    AppWorld Support should definitely be able to help you out with getting your email UN-associated with the random PayPal account. Especially if you've never even had one.

    Here is the AppWorld Support link --> BlackBerry App World Support <-- assuming you're in the US. If not, just go to the AppWorld link in my previous post and choose the "view support resources" link and it'll ask you for your Country first, then direct you to the correct support (which I imagine will be pretty much the same).

    **i was just looking into the support options for you and you may need to post your issue in those forums to get in direct contact with support, I dunno. I'm only looking on my BB at the moment so the options for support may be better via a computer, especially in this case. I also know that contacting them on Twitter is good way to get in touch with support too as they have multiple Twitter accounts...one specifically for support issues --> @BlackBerryHelp <-- they would at least point you in the right direction I would assume.**

    Anyway, I hope this helps! Lemme know how it turns out!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. NJStyle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #6  

    Smile How to avoid "Not available to download" message in the AppWorld.

    Please note it is not at all related to how many purchases you made or with how many BlackBerry you used the same BlackBerry AppWorld ID.

    In fact after creating the BlackBerry Appworld ID there is a new process to complete the sign-up process to affiliate it with the PayPal.
    --------------------
    Please follow the exact instructions as below.

    Connect your BlackBerry with your PC/Computer by using USB Cable.
    Go to the website appworld.blackberry.com/webstore
    Click on "Sign In" on the top right side.
    Once successfully sign on it will take you to another page where you need to complete three steps and it will ask you all the steps to be done one by one.

    1. Will ask you to click download to install BlackBerry plug in.
    2. Once downloaded and install then will ask you to connect your BlackBerry with the Particular PIN number for your BlackBerry.
    3. Will take you to the Payment option page.
    4. Click on Pay with PayPal.
    5. Verify your Paypal Credentials on next page.
    6. Click on Approve on the bottom once login successfully on PayPal.
    7. You will get the message you have successfully been approved.
    8. Click on Return.

    You are done and completed the sign up process for BlackBerry AppWorld ID.

    Now disconnect your BlackBerry from the Computer.

    In your BlackBerry Go to the AppWorld icon.
    Once in the AppWorld and if already logged in then log out.
    Now log back in again.

    Try to download any FREE application just to check and you will no longer see the message not available to download.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Just for a side note it is recommended to update your BlackBerry AppWorld if it not the latest one available to download.
    Thanked by 5:
    joe_fresh (05-02-2011),  justinfr (05-23-2011),  skyjake (03-30-2011),  Turd Ferguson (06-16-2011),  vanpeltm (03-18-2011) 
  7. vanpeltm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #7  

    Default Thanks!!!

    This has been driving me crazy!
  8. windcaller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    So BB wants us to tie our paypal account to our BB ID before we can download/upgrade new apps?

    Well what if I don't have a paypal account and I want to download free apps?

    Or as in my case, what if I bought some apps with Paypal but I no longer have my paypal account, and now I can't get upgrades for the apps I already bought?

    This is silly. Surely Blackberry can come up with a better system than this.
  9. bassman67's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Well, then I guess I'm done with downloading free Blackberry apps. It was really crappy when I got the message to update Facebook and then went to do it from my phone and was told I couldn't. Sorry, but this is crap.
  10. JMullane's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #10  

    Angry

    I've gone through the exact same process as you. Frustrating!!

    It's infuriating to get an error message that says "Blackberry App World cannot be downloaded from Blackberry App World."

    And it's downright SCARY to get the following message when you've NEVER used PayPal in your life:
    "Our records indicate that you have already paid for items in App World with a PayPal account. To transfer your paid items to your My World account and connect your PayPal account to your My World account, please click the button below to be taken to the PayPal site to validate your credentials."

    Come on, RIM. Get it together. I don't have time for this crap.
  11. RICARAUL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Thank God I am not the only one with this problem. In Jan 2011 I had to replace my BB Tour and selected the Style. While at the Sprint store transferred all my files and the manager suggested I download some neat apps from BB Apps World (store). The saga began! Started getting the "BB App cannot be downloaded..." Manager called Sprint to no avail, Sprint put us in contact with BB Tech support and three hours later I still cannot download anything from BB Apps World. As of today, 30 Mar 2011 I can't even download upgrades sent to me by BlackBerry! Talking about frustrating!!! If someone ever finds a solution, it will be most appreciated! Cheers Maties!
  12. skyjake's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJStyle View Post
    Please note it is not at all related to how many purchases you made or with how many BlackBerry you used the same BlackBerry AppWorld ID.

    In fact after creating the BlackBerry Appworld ID there is a new process to complete the sign-up process to affiliate it with the PayPal.
    --------------------
    Please follow the exact instructions as below.

    Connect your BlackBerry with your PC/Computer by using USB Cable.
    Go to the website appworld.blackberry.com/webstore
    Click on "Sign In" on the top right side.
    Once successfully sign on it will take you to another page where you need to complete three steps and it will ask you all the steps to be done one by one.

    1. Will ask you to click download to install BlackBerry plug in.
    2. Once downloaded and install then will ask you to connect your BlackBerry with the Particular PIN number for your BlackBerry.
    3. Will take you to the Payment option page.
    4. Click on Pay with PayPal.
    5. Verify your Paypal Credentials on next page.
    6. Click on Approve on the bottom once login successfully on PayPal.
    7. You will get the message you have successfully been approved.
    8. Click on Return.

    You are done and completed the sign up process for BlackBerry AppWorld ID.

    Now disconnect your BlackBerry from the Computer.

    In your BlackBerry Go to the AppWorld icon.
    Once in the AppWorld and if already logged in then log out.
    Now log back in again.

    Try to download any FREE application just to check and you will no longer see the message not available to download.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Just for a side note it is recommended to update your BlackBerry AppWorld if it not the latest one available to download.
    I had the same problem. I looked high and low before finding this fix. This was driving me nuts. I am very very thankful for this post and fix. Words can not express my appreciation.

    Greg.
  13. Africadiving's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #13  

    Angry apps not available

    I linked my paypal account and used a credit card which is maxed out but I use regularly and paypal tells me the credit card has been declined. Am I just linking my paypal account or am I paying for something. Surely a link is a link not a payment.

    Please help. I am at my wits end. This has taken me 2 days to sort out and still no luck
  14. Africadiving's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMullane View Post
    I've gone through the exact same process as you. Frustrating!!

    It's infuriating to get an error message that says "Blackberry App World cannot be downloaded from Blackberry App World."

    And it's downright SCARY to get the following message when you've NEVER used PayPal in your life:
    "Our records indicate that you have already paid for items in App World with a PayPal account. To transfer your paid items to your My World account and connect your PayPal account to your My World account, please click the button below to be taken to the PayPal site to validate your credentials."

    Come on, RIM. Get it together. I don't have time for this crap.
    Hi

    Did you manage to get anything sorted? Got the same problem and have tried everything.
  15. aleyosama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Same problem

    i don't want to link my PayPal account with Blackberry ID , or i want to download only free apps

    what can I do ??
  16. scubadaddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aleyosama View Post
    Same problem

    i don't want to link my PayPal account with Blackberry ID , or i want to download only free apps

    what can I do ??
    I am in the same boat now. Upgraded the software on my wife's 8520 and can no longer download apps. I was able to download facebook app a couple of days ago and now I can't get any further than being forced to link a Paypal account to proceed.
  17. hakim_radzuan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    guys,i got the same problem. Didnt get chance to download any app in appworld. Even when got new version of app world also i cant update it. So i tried verified payment method with paypal acc.

    Now can download any free or paid application already. But the thing is i never want to download paid app. And seems RIM force us to approve "pre approve amount" on paypal act. 1k++ usd. What if one day suddently RIM charge us let say around 1k USD?
  18. gschofield's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #18  

    Default same problem on Storm 2

    I am having the same problem. I have gone through the paypal process. I signed out, signed back in, even deleted app world and reinstalled. Still getting the "....(this app) is not available for download from blackberry appworld" Does anyone else have any idea how to solve this. My carrier can't help. Even blackberry tech support couldn't help.
  19. MTDave's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    PIN
    30D7EC08
    #19  

    Default

    This is ridiculous. Pre-approval in the amount of $1500 US to have access to apps that cost Free, $0.99, $4.99? The most expensive I can find is $49.99. I am completely baffled. And not amused. And am about to toss my brand-new Torch (which I love) and switch to an Android. And I was planning to buy a Playbook tomorrow, but I can't see buying that when I can't install any apps on the dang thing. This is what my marketing profs talked about when we discussed the worst marketing blunders in business. I'm sad, disgusted, disillusioned, et cetera. I feel like the McCain supporters when they found out about Troopergate.
  20. k_morrison's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MTDave View Post
    This is ridiculous. Pre-approval in the amount of $1500 US to have access to apps that cost Free, $0.99, $4.99? The most expensive I can find is $49.99. I am completely baffled. And not amused. And am about to toss my brand-new Torch (which I love) and switch to an Android. And I was planning to buy a Playbook tomorrow, but I can't see buying that when I can't install any apps on the dang thing. This is what my marketing profs talked about when we discussed the worst marketing blunders in business. I'm sad, disgusted, disillusioned, et cetera. I feel like the McCain supporters when they found out about Troopergate.

    OK... so I had this same issue. Tried to fix on page 1 - works like a charm.
    As for the $1500 thing.. it's crap. it's simply a Paypal's way to get you to apply for credit. Just skip/ignore

    EDIT: Running a Torch with v6.0.0.534 on Bell Mobility
    Last edited by k_morrison; 04-27-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: adding
  21. Ian-B's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #21  

    Talking No Paypal is required

    I spent much of the evening working through this issue.

    I believe the problem with not being able to update or download any apps is related to moving accounts from 1.x app world to 2.x. I have fixed my bb with no payment info stored on their site!!

    The following steps worked for me:
    1. Go to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login
    2. Logged into my account
    3. Installed the plug-in
    4. Connected my blackberry
    5. Didn't need to do the 3rd step on the screen since the version of app world on my bb was new enough
    6. Next screen asked if I wanted to store paypal or cc info or nothing at this time. I chose the third option.
    7 Updated my account.
    8. Just for fun I updated app world and downloaded tripit and weather network apps.
    9. When I disconnected my bb I was able to update apps and it resynced myblackberry list of apps.

    Phew, all is good again!

    Ian
  22. MobileMadness002's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,136 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5
    #22  

    Default

    This error is also caused if your phones date and time is incorrect.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
  23. Houndog's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    I downloaded 2.1.2.19 to my wife's phone and began encountering this problem. Unable to update or download apps. I still have 2.1.1.2 on my phone and I am having no issues. Is there a way to backup 2.1.1.2 and download it to my wife's phone? Via DM maybe?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posting Permissions