CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    PIN
    310DD0AE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default delete bbm off your phone

This trick was found by RunOfLuck, but thought I'd share with others. This does work on bb 8530 curve running os 5, found it doesn't work with anything lower so far for us, just wondering about the rest of you.

Go into app world and redownload bbm, reboot as necessary. Once done go back into app world, click the sub folder my world, locate bbm, hit the bb key and delete. Reboot and viola!

Just check your core and add-on apps in options/applications to be sure, will come back after next os update though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

...or just delete the BBM .cod files from your Java folder prior to installing the OS, and it's gone for good

Retired Moderator

Upgraded too BlackBerry Messenger v5 does not actually delete the original Messenger. They are both still installed after the upgrade.

Fortunatly, it is very simple to manage BlackBerry Messenger with Applications Loader.

After doing the upgrade from BlackBerry App World, connect to BlackBerry Desktop Manager and open Applications Loader.

Review the list of installed software, you should see BlackBerry Messenger v4.xx de-selected and a status of Remove in effect.

When you select the "Next" button, you will be prompted to remove BlackBerry Messenger v4.xx, leaving BlackBerry Messenger v5.xx installed and free up about 750 Kb of memory in the process.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey?

Wow, thanks for the credit creep138! Whoot Whoot!!

;-)

CrackBerry Genius

I heard bbm was integrated into OS 6 such that it can't be deleted.... So when the upgrade happens (in 2016) it'll be there like it or not.

I used the desktop manager software to remove bbm. Reloaded it when bbm 5 came out though..... Its nicer.