Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Contacts sync - how to start ?

I have my contacts both on Google (where of course I have an email account) and on my BB (with OS6). I was syncing them with Google sync but now that Google sync is gone I wanted to switch to the native sync of BB.

My problem is that if I enable the synchronization (go on my BB to setup -> Email account -> xxxxx@gmail.com (my gmail account) -> Synchronization option and I tick the contact option):

1) BB creates a new, empty contact list on the device with the same name of the contact list I already have (xxxxx@gmail.com)
    2) sync starts with this newly created contact list neglecting the contact list I had and that I actually wanted to sync

I know how to remove one of the two contact lists but my question is: which is the correct procedure to start syncing an existing contact list ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

In your settings you can normally set your default contact list, calendar etc. Supposedly just select your email as your default.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for your reply, Crowezine. Unfortunately what you're suggesting is what I was thinking/hoping but it doesn't work. It seems that when you enable the sync (the first time) BB creates a brand new address book, neglecting all the others already on the device.

I solved 1) downloading (one way sync) the existing address book on the device to outlook with DM 2) deleting the existing address book on the device 3) loading the new address book on the device from outlook (one way sync, the opposite direction than before) 4) actually start to sync with Google.