Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Contact unable to save file

I have a seen a few similar threads, but none of them seem to quite answer this question.

When I try send pictures to a specific bbm contact it says "contact was unable to save the file".

I am using rogers with the torch 9800 and they are using the bold 9000 with t mobile.

I can receive pictures from them but cant send anything to them.

And we are both on the latest version of BBM, we downloaded it from the App store today.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,494 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

So your device is working fine. I would say the issue is with the recipient and not with the sender.

Are you able to send pictures and stuff to other BB users successfully?
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yeah, I can send pictures to everyone. But do you have any idea what might be causing the problem on this contacts end? thats not allowing me to send pictures to them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm having the same issue. I can send files without issue however I can only receive files from a small number of my contacts.

I'm running BBM .41 right now after downgrading to .38, then upgrading to a leaked OS6 for 9700 running .45, then downgrading back to an official OS5 with .38 and then upgrading again to .41. Seeing as none of that solved the issue, I believe this to be some sort of problem with BIS rather than device, OS, or BBM version.

Content encryption nor compression were enabled on my media card (which has +100MB free) so I tried disabling device encryption. Still nothing. I'm at a loss guys. I'm thankful that it's not just me having this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am having the same issue and havent found a fix for it either. I have version 41 and so does my girlfriend. I have sprint and she has tmobile. I can send pictures and all other types of attachments via bbm to everyone else with no problems. I can send all types of attachments to my girlfriend EXCEPT pictures. Whenever i try to send a pic it says "contact was unable to save the file" right away like if it didnt even try. She can receive pics from everyone else without any problems. I tried downgrading bbm and even tried wiping my device completely and that didnt work either. I tried emailing bbm support several times and havent even gotten ONE reply. And with my luck it had to be my girlfriend that this is happening with as she is practically the only one i used that feature with.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Follow up-

As noted in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/as...e-file-514434/, the only real solution seems to be to downgrade. I did increase the media reserve to 12 megs although I doubt this had any effect. I downgraded to 5.0.0.57 which is fine. The only issue I am still facing is previewing the pic leaves me with a blank screen. I must go into the pictures folder to view the pic. Not a big deal though since I can now at least receive pics.

RIM should have provided an official link and admitted to the problem... *** holes.
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.57: http://gadzonemobile.com/OTA/Blackbe...0.0.57/BBM.jad

If this works for you guys please reply and let us know.

Cheers.
    Last edited by phylez; 02-10-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: wrong bbm version
    -dr-

7250 -> 8130 -> 9700 -> 9900 -> Q10, PlayBook 64x2

CrackBerry.com user since 2008