How come the chatrooms come up as "<Name> at el" or was it et al...but yeah??
    04-03-09 09:04 PM
    Hm Are there public BBM chatrooms?
    04-03-09 09:06 PM
    How come the chatrooms come up as "<Name> at el" or was it et al...but yeah??
    "Et al (et alii)" is Latin for "and others".
    04-03-09 09:10 PM
    "Et al (et alii)" is Latin for "and others".
    Why does it come up as Latin though? and Thank you for the translation
    04-03-09 09:14 PM
    Why does it come up as Latin though? and Thank you for the translation
    It is a commonly used Latin phrase... probably because it's nice and short.
    04-03-09 09:18 PM
    It is a commonly used phrase. Its just like RSVP which stands for "Rpondez s'il vous plat" literally translated to "respond please". Isnt it odd how we use untranslated phrases so much?
    04-03-09 09:22 PM
    It is a commonly used phrase. Its just like RSVP which stands for "Rpondez s'il vous plat" literally translated to "respond please". Isnt it odd how we use untranslated phrases so much?
    Hawaii?? I know I'm jealous. HAH!
    Anyways, It is odd. Thanks everyone.
    04-03-09 09:24 PM
    Our entire language is "borrowed" (or derived from other languages, I should say), so it's not really that odd. And this has gotten pretty off-topic, but thank you for the translation of RSVP... I knew what the "R" stood for, but never knew how literal the phrase is (had no idea that "SVP" stood for "s'il vous plait"). Thanks!
    04-03-09 09:27 PM
    lets make one then
    08-18-09 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD