CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default checking bbm messages online?

i know there is a way for sms text messages to be recovered via a supiena to get regular text messages because they are stored and back up on servers from the carrier. but my question is how are bbm messages saved if they are and once they are delted from your phone are they still available through any kind of court order to the carrier like text messages?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwr140 View Post
    i know there is a way for sms text messages to be recovered via a supiena to get regular text messages because they are stored and back up on servers from the carrier. but my question is how are BM messages saved if they are and once they are delted from your phone are they still available through any kind of court order to the carrier like text messages?
    You can save them to your device, as far as save to some type of server unless you are being watched by some agency I don't think they keep records of these. think of the database size they would need to keep all bbm across the world?
  3. Bijoy Chandy

I heard of a web app in the making for bbm communication
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,307 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

If you are on BES later than 4.1, your BBM messages may be archived on that server, but only if that option has been enabled.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,321 Global Posts

As BBM traffic goes through RIM servers, I am sure there is a data retention policy for that server farm. Almost everywhere these days keeps a history of what you do.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Radius View Post
    As BBM traffic goes through RIM servers, I am sure there is a data retention policy for that server farm. Almost everywhere these days keeps a history of what you do.
    I agree with you.
    Life is to short smile.