Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't add new contacts in BBM???

Hi All

I am new to BB and just got my (first) BB Bold 9900 yesterday.
    I am struggling with one thing:
    BBM - I have 'added' new contacts (that have BBs) from my list with the password/pin sms sent to them i.e. invited them. They do get the messages, and replied by pressing pin etc, but nothing turns up on my phone. On their BBs, it says "Authorization pending" or something, i.e. they are waiting for me to authorize...only problem is, there's nothing (or no-one rather) to 'authorize'.....am I missing something?
    Please help if you can!
    Thanks.
    Captn
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

That's really odd. Are you sure you don't have any 'requests' in your BBM. There is usually a folder of requests. Can you try adding them again? Maybe instead of SMSing them your PIN, add their PIN to your BBM, or scan their barcode (or add by tag if you both have NFC enabled devices)
    ~SaMaster14
    Thanked by:
    Captn32 (01-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi SaMaster! Thanks for the quick reply.

As I said, I'm new to BlackBerrys...so I might be doing something wrong.
    AFAIK I don't have any requests in my BBM. I added them with the PIN option, and they received it. They the click the pin, and it says "Authorization Pending" on their phone, but nothing happens on my side. I only managed to add 1 person, the first one I invited. The rest just don;t seem to work...
    How do I add their pin to my BBM?
    I am now trying to do it via email option.

P.s. I have done the following: Update my BBM, set all BBM settings (in Apps Manager) to 'allow', restarted/ rebooted my phone etc.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

No problem.

You are doing all the right steps it seems.
    To add someone else, just go to bbm click the BB menu button, go to invite contact and then you should have an email/PIN option, a barcode option and a tag option. Click the PIN option and just manually type in or copy and paste your friends PIN and send.

OR, if your friend is near you, have them 'display their barcode' (they can do so by clicking their own BBM profile where they can change their avatar and status and go to 'display barcode' on there). Then you just scan away with your camera.

Try those steps and if they still aren't working maybe you could try uninstalling and reinstalling BBM. (Before doing this make sure to back-up your BBM and have it connected to your BB ID email).

ALSO... how long have you waited? Sometimes authorization might take a while. I would wait at the longest a full 24 hours after, but longer then that, I would assume there is a problem and you should try the uninstall/reinstall.
    ~SaMaster14
    Thanked by:
    Captn32 (01-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    for what...?!

Really strange, it should work if you choose " invite to BBM ", you put your friends pin it, and the request should be send to your friend, your friends accepts the invite and you should have him in your list.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Ok, I tried the PIN /copy option. It is now pending in my BBM....
    I have also just done the email option, and its stuck in my phone (on my side) pending....etc. Nothing happening ( I phoned my friend and told him to check his mail/authorize etc) Nada.
    I have been waiting more than 24hrs now.
    Thanks again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Captn32 View Post
    Ok, I tried the PIN /copy option. It is now pending in my BBM....
    I have also just done the email option, and its stuck in my phone (on my side) pending....etc. Nothing happening ( I phoned my friend and told him to check his mail/authorize etc) Nada.
    I have been waiting more than 24hrs now.
    Thanks again.
    Ok, I might try the uninstall/reinstall option, unless someone with more knowledge than me intercedes and gives you another option.

Good luck figuring this out. Remember to back up
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    for what...?!

I would suggest to follow SaMAster's advice to uninstall/reinstall and try again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

SaMaster...
    I just did the 'copy their pin option' you suggested, and it worked.
    So I'm fine for now, I just need to figure out why I can't 'authorize' any of the ones I sent out!
    But thanks again for the help. Appreciated.
    Greetings from Namibia.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

t3ddie

Thanks for the help!
    Peace
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Captn32 View Post
    SaMaster...
    I just did the 'copy their pin option' you suggested, and it worked.
    So I'm fine for now, I just need to figure out why I can't 'authorize' any of the ones I sent out!
    But thanks again for the help. Appreciated.
    Greetings from Namibia.
    No problem. Glad I could help. And good luck!
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,
    I bought blackberry bold 9790 yesterday and trying to add people in BBM.I hv sent a invitation to my friend more then 24 hrs ago but didn't receive the invitation.On my fone screen showing the status:Pending(Waiting for Authorization)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi I'm using bb9300 something not right here every evening from 19:00 to 05:00 this mouse start move its all over the screen ,I have stop by holding sensor help