Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Protect on BIS?

Hi all,

I activated a gently used BB 9650 today with Verizon, since I lost my last Bold over a week ago. I want to install BB Protect, but I am having trouble installing the app successfully. I tried installing the app through BB App World, and the icon would appear in my "Downloads" folder, but I get an email saying, "You cannot install BlackBerry Protect on your BlackBerry device. BlackBerry Protect is not compatible with devices that use a BlackBerry Enterprise Server."

I have read that BB Protect doesn't work on BES. I looked up how to determine if my phone is using BIS or BES via Manager Connections > Services Status. Under BlackBerry Internet Service is says "Connection: Mobile Network" and under BlackBerry Enterprise Server "Connection: not connected." I'm guessing this means my phone is using BIS, yes? Can anyone help me out here as to why BB Protect won't work? I'd really appreciate it. Also, I forgot to mention that the person I got the phone from said that all manufacturer settings were restored and that seems, so far, to be true (from what I can tell, at least).
    Last edited by starscollide; 11-14-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Global Posts
    35,393 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Unless it's a work BlackBerry, the previous owner was on BES, and you need to remove the IT policy.

Remove an I.T. Policy from a BlackBerry...
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It's not a work BB, but it's possible the previous owner had it for those purposes. Is it possible I got the Protect message in error? In addition to checking the information in my first post, I tried checking for the IT policy following the instructions on here https://www.impaticize.com/impkb/que...erry+device%3F. The IT policy name is Default and it was last updated on October 14th.

I also used the following site to see if my phone was activated on BES: KB21209-How to check if a BlackBerry smartphone can be used with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express. I didn't see [SYNC] as a book name.

Is there another way to verify if the phone is on BIS or BES?
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: BlackBerry Protect on BIS?

Is there another way to verify if the phone is on BIS or BES?

==> You can check on the Service Status