Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Messenger - icons / emoticons / symbols

Hey guys, quick question, I have a blackberry curve 8310 and a few of my friends do as well. I noticed that they can view or see an extra emitcon or icon on their messenger for example <3 shows up as a heart. Although on my messenger I don't see it as a heart but rather just "<3"

I'm just curious as to why I can't view this ? Is there an updated version of messenger that I might not have ?

Is BB OS 4.3.1 available yet ?

Thanks!

Dovaleh
    CrackBerry Genius

BBMessenger is included as a bundled app with the OS. The only way to upgrade BBmessenger is to upgrade your OS.

4.3.1 is not out yet.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.2.1.2234
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    CrackBerry Genius

Not sure why you're not able to see it. Have you tried pulling the battery? That might fix it.
    You can also press the symbol twice, the heart should be the letter "R".

No, OS 4.3 is not available still...
    Last edited by cindylov4; 01-19-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I've tried everything! And I tried downloading BB messenger from blackberry's website (even tho I have the newest version). And I get this message:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger."

But I'm using an 8310 (curve) and the latest OS...

If I remove bbmessenger from my applications, will I lose all my contacts ? Any other suggestions ?
    CrackBerry Genius

As I posted above the only way to upgrade BBMessenger is to upgrade your OS.

You can't download it from Blackberry's website. It won't work. That download is for 4.1 and older devices.

Don't remove BBMessenger, you will lose your contacts in BBMessenger. if you already tried removing the battery then you may need to upgrade your OS.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.2.1.2234
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Current OS on my BB is: v.4.2.2.163

Any suggestions now ?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Just tried re-installing the latest OS again, and no luck! This is soooo weird I don't know why I'm not able to view the heart and possibly other icons as well.

If I push symbol twice, the icons that I can see are:

E T Y O P A S D H J L X V B

This is sooo annoying!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

lol, weird issue.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Guys! Good news! I have figured it out on my own! For some WEIRD reason, in Options / Advanced Options / Applications I had 2 "Blackberry Messenger" programs installed. One was vrsion 4.2.2 - (the current one) and the other was v1.0.94 (the older one). I don't know how or why this was on my curve, but it was.

So it seemed like my bb messenger was using 1.0.94 the whole time. Once I deleted it from the applications, BANG! Right away did I start seeing the new icons that I hadn't had my blackberry before.

Just wanted to post this follow up incase anyone ever has this problem.

Thanks for your help guys!

Dovaleh
  10. pbc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Curious. I also have the latest OS and the latest BB Messenger. But I've noticed the newer BB Curves (I have an 8310) have more emoticons (e.g., broken heart, ROTFL, etc).

Is there a way to get the newer ones on an 8310?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    PIN
    32CAA817

I have an 8830 from sprint running v4.5.0.101 how do i send Emotions??
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by pmysko View Post
    I have an 8830 from sprint running v4.5.0.101 how do i send Emotions??
    press the sym button twice
    CrackBerry Newbie

Red face I need help.

I just got da Storm not too long ago and i see alot of ppl with really cool symbols on there name like the clear heart and black heart and i saw the blackberry logo which was neat can anyone help me or send me emoticons please my pin is 306629BC
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

i have some u might like, my pin is 306E893E, message me, and ill get them to you.

you will have to save them under a memo pad or auto text.

but u can only see the pictures on ur messenger, and u will see sqares or boxes n e where else, but they work.
    Last edited by bvero123; 03-03-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just got da bold 9000 not too long ago and i see alot of ppl with really cool symbols on there name like the clear heart and black heart and i saw the blackberry logo which was neat can anyone help me or send me emoticons please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Symbols

I have a ton of them, hit me up if you want.. pin: 30D81C0B
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dovaleh View Post
    Hey guys, quick question, I have a blackberry curve 8310 and a few of my friends do as well. I noticed that they can view or see an extra emitcon or icon on their messenger for example <3 shows up as a heart. Although on my messenger I don't see it as a heart but rather just "<3"

I'm just curious as to why I can't view this ? Is there an updated version of messenger that I might not have ?

Thanks!

Dovaleh
    Hey there I have loads of icons for messenger if anyone wants 2 trade or share add me 20E4900E

Global Posts
    50,716 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

OMG I can't believe there are still people looking around for the new bbm symbols. LOL
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    OS 10.2.1.2947 on VZW-HTTR forever
    Need Sideloading Help? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
    Need help using the CB10 App? http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...10-app-872463/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default hi ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dovaleh View Post

Thanks!

Dovaleh
    After <3 give space it will become heart
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Squad View Post
    I have a ton of them, hit me up if you want.. pin: 30D81C0B
    mine is 21C63817
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    DoLoL Is A βeta Blocker

There are several active threads already on this topic. Here is a good one to receive/trade symbols...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/let...ht=bbm+symbols
    We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre.
    Blackberry 101: Lecture Series|Memory Optimization|How To Recover A Dead Blackberry|Posting Rules|How to Search Forums
    CrackBerry Newbie

jaydee5799, you seem to be in the business of helping people
    my first post on crackberry, i was hoping someone could help me, im looking for a giraffe smiley... i know its weird lol... but i would REALLY appreciate it! thanks in advance. PIN 21203647

Global Posts
    50,716 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by theazzaroshow View Post
    jaydee5799, you seem to be in the business of helping people
    my first post on crackberry, i was hoping someone could help me, im looking for a giraffe smiley... i know its weird lol... but i would REALLY appreciate it! thanks in advance. PIN 21203647
    Im sorry but there is no giraffe smiley for bbm right now. The smileys are all of the same variety you have seen around the forums. Sorry about your request.
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    OS 10.2.1.2947 on VZW-HTTR forever
    Need Sideloading Help? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
    Need help using the CB10 App? http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...10-app-872463/
    CrackBerry Newbie

thats disappointing.. anyway thanks anyway jaydee5799
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have some too, you might not see all of them here, but you'll see them once you copy and paste it into your BBMSGER. ????-???»??Rashien«??-???????™?????c?????H???¥»?·????????·???«?-???»???&????S???ø?c???yÐ?????? ???*??????-???»????? ?V??u??°? »•(???????????Amanda(???????????•«. ??? ????-???»????S???????M?????pL?????e????? girL??????»??-??????. ? ?*BR*????(*) New symbols! ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????? ??? ?? ????<3*SR*<3???<3*SR*?<3?
    <3*SR**SR*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast