Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by saintsokwitit View Post
    Im trying to add contacts to my BB messenger but I doing something wrong.Under contacts I select -add a contact/ then contact from my address list, then-select send to messenger contact. It then says to select contact but my contacts says empty. WTF am I doing wrong?
    When you click add contact you should be able to type in the pin. It will prompt you for a message and you hit yes. Then their pin will show pending until they accept.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    PIN
    go ahead just ask

Quote Originally Posted by kasperapd View Post
    If you have a data package you can use BB Messenger. If you have unlimited data, then it won't cost you anything to use it other than your monthly data fee.

It's a great app, and I use it all the time.
    I was Wondering that too I have been using BBM more in the past few weeks wasn't sure if it worked like text messaging or data usage thanks for clearing that up
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry bbm internationally

i just wanted to post something for anyone who was interested in whether BBM is free internationally... you need an international data plan for it to be free.. my boyfriend visiting italy had to find out the hard way :[
    CrackBerry Newbie

so instant messaging is over the Data plan and will not count against texting?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Brand new bb user here...

I'm a little confused here....A few post have said that a data plan is needed for the bb messaging, yet my wife's phone does not have a data plan at all. She has an unlimited email and instant messaging add on...but no data plan.

My plan has a 500mb data plan...Should we be bb messaging each other?

We both have the Curve 8530 with wifi.....

Is the wifi the reason she can bb message? Come to think of it; I'm not sure she's tried it away from the wifi connection yet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speartip View Post
    Brand new bb user here...

I'm a little confused here....A few post have said that a data plan is needed for the bb messaging, yet my wife's phone does not have a data plan at all. She has an unlimited email and instant messaging add on...but no data plan.

My plan has a 500mb data plan...Should we be bb messaging each other?

We both have the Curve 8530 with wifi.....

Is the wifi the reason she can bb message? Come to think of it; I'm not sure she's tried it away from the wifi connection yet.
    My understanding is that BB Messenger is just an internet-based instant messanger, really no different than if you were using Yahoo! or AIM on your phone. If you have a connection to the internet (via WiFi), then you should be able to transmit messages. I have no idea how much data it uses to be on BB Messenger, but data plans are increasingly going unlimited now b/c there's so many things you can do and transmit with a smartphone that it's becoming more akin to a traditional computer.
    CrackBerry User

Is it free to message someone with BBM who lives in a different country? For example, I live in Chicago, IL and my friend who has a blackberry lives in Canada. Is it free for me to message him over BBM? And yes, I have unlimited data.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

i kno if u bbm someone internationally, the phone company will not charge you. I've BBMed my friends outside the country dozens of times and i never got an extra charge. I also traveled to Taiwan, and i know T-Mo will not charge you international roaming if you are on wifi.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by eb81784 View Post
    i kno if u bbm someone internationally, the phone company will not charge you. I've BBMed my friends outside the country dozens of times and i never got an extra charge. I also traveled to Taiwan, and i know T-Mo will not charge you international roaming if you are on wifi.
    Thanks!

I just got off the phone with Verizon, they said any type of instant messaging service is free - it uses the unlimited data plan. I'm a happy camper now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do you know if you have an unlimited data package??
    CrackBerry Addict

all the time i thought i was pretty sure, but after reading through this thread, well.. i'll just ask

at the moment.. I'm at o2, and i have the inet-pack M (200mb monthly) (unlimited no longer available at o2, sadly..)
    200mb isnt enough, so i'll upgrade to 5 GB soon

now my question, for this month i have exceeded the 200mb, and it says.. the moment u exceed ur monthly mb, the surfspeed will be reduced to GPRS-speed.
    but even after exceeding the 200mb and at GPRS-speed (not talking about wifi), it's still free, right?
    for example.. browsing, chatting via IM+, using FB, downloading apps, watching videos (youtube), using BBM

its still all free, isnt it?
    just reduced to GPRS ??

or will it actually cost me smth anytime i do something with the internet after exceeding the 200mb? that wouldnt be too good for me... xDD
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Add me.
    Female | bbm pin : 25C585F8
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry

hari ini bangsat
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123