Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM without data plan!

I recently had a 1 week data plan on ma 9780. Its been almost 1 month since this plan expired but I'm still getting all ma BBM, browsing the internet, using all RIM's native apps. No emails are pushed to the phone though. I'm doin all this with "edge"(common letters) and WIFI. Bottom line: No data on phone but BBM works wheneva WIFI is available!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

I think that you still have BIS, i suggest you contact your carrier and cancel it - they have all the records and they can bill you for this...
    but if you have canceled the Data plan by yourself it's their problem also, not sure how they can charge you for their mistakes.

Waiting for the bill can clear things out.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

it was a prepaid data plan, dunno how a mistake like that cud be made. I wont cancel FREE data!!! lol.. I wanna emails on ma phone but for sum reason they aint pushing
    CrackBerry Genius

Usually lower case edge bars means your data wont work, unless connected to WIFI. I am not surprised it isn't working though, I imagine it will eventually catch up to you.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

I have a pre pay sim from Orange UK that keeps working without paying

I got it when pre pay BIS came out and it's supposed to take 5 a month but it just keeps working, must be over a year now.

It's now in my old bold 9700 and my 6 year old is bbming me when he gets home from school

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

hahaha my o2 sim card does that too! I haven't topped it up since porting the number back to o2 and for some reason i get internet bbm etc everything working fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

ssh... the more you talk about ti the more likely the glitch will be discovered and "fixed"
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry User

Thats something I wish could happen all of us...damn leaches

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

No, not possible. Pay up, or don't do BBM at all.

Global Posts
    10,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Your carrier may not have contacted rim to discontinue the bis.
    Seems you're the kind of person who doesn't mind stealing (also known as the cause of all the fiscal instability in the world these days), but that's your own moral dilemma.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 10-06-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Your carrier may not have contacted rim to discontinue the bis.
    Seems you're the kind of person who doesn't mind stealing (also known as the cause of all the fiscal instability in the world these days), but that's your own moral dilemma.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    You're on Sprint so you don't have the experience needed to base your judgement on.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego

Global Posts
    10,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    You're on Sprint so you don't have the experience needed to base your judgement on.
    How does being on Sprint affect my ability to comprehend how something works?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

From my understanding Sprint doesn't screw you over as much.

Global Posts
    10,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Screw you over how?

MADBRADNYC likes this.

PIN
    27F48177

Screw you over how?

Seriously, are you that nave? Carriers around the world have been screwing people for years, extortionate roaming charges, extortionate sms and mms charges, might be unlimited now but we used to pay 0.20 per sms. You know how much Vodafone uk are charging me for an international call unless I buy a monthly "passport" as they call it? 1.00 per minute.

CrackBerry Genius

I don't get it. Why would someone believe they are being "screwed", when they enter into a mutually beneficial agreement?
    No company forces a contract on customers. The customer asks to be part of the offerings, and that is that. If you don't like the terms, don't agree to the contract.

agreement
       [uh-gree-muhnt] Show IPA

noun
    the act of agreeing or of coming to a mutual arrangement.
    the state of being in accord.
    an arrangement that is accepted by all parties to a transaction.
    a contract or other document delineating such an arrangement.
    unanimity of opinion; harmony in feeling: agreement among the members of the faculty.

When people steal from large companies, whether it be banks, insurance companies, or telecom providers, they are the reason why rates incline for the rest of the customer base to over the cost of such thefts. People must remember this when they think they are "screwed". You may not like the terms that you agreed to, but whose choice is that?

There is definitely a moral decay in this day and age....

A lot of people around here toss around the idea that... "Hey, you should have done more research before purchasing a PlayBook/BlackBerry handheld". "If you cant afford a data plan, you should not get a BlackBerry". "Maybe a device from RIM is not the best for you".

I would tend to think the same thought process should/would apply for everything in life. If you want it, pay for it. Don't complain about something you agreed to, and have some moral intestinal fortitude.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!

PIN
    27F48177

I never agreed for Orange uk to try to charge me 10 months line rental one month, thankfully I didn't have a direct debit set up with them, and then next month they cut my services as I didn't pay it even though they admited it was their "mistake"

Carriers screw people all the time, I just found out Vodafone charhged me 5 for 7 months for sat nav and they don't even have an app for blackberry.

6 times they got away with it, I only noticed 7th.

CrackBerry Genius

When someone is steadfast in their mindset, there is nothing that can be done...
    I just venture to say that an accounting error, is far from "screwing" a customer.
    Not to mention that this is another form of responsibility that is neglected by customers. It is the customer's responsibility to review their monthly charges, and dispute them in a timely manner. Letting undeserved charges accrue for months at a time seems like neglect to me.

Do you just walk out of the store without looking at what the cashier put in your hand, or do you count your change? Think about the position that you take. That's all I'm saying regarding that.

As far as my other position on theft, there is no justification at all. Period.

Global Posts
    10,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Seriously, are you that nave? Carriers around the world have been screwing people for years, extortionate roaming charges, extortionate sms and mms charges, might be unlimited now but we used to pay 0.20 per sms. You know how much Vodafone uk are charging me for an international call unless I buy a monthly "passport" as they call it? 1.00 per minute.

... If you read my post in context of this thread, it's clear what I meant.
    Carriers cannot screw you over re BIS because the only control they have is whether it's on or off, and even for that I'm sure they have to contact RIM.
    Roaming fees, mistaken charges, raised costs, etc., of course carriers try to wring out as much profit as they can. But this thread is about BIS, not cellular service.

avt123 likes this.

PIN
    27F48177

... If you read my post in context of this thread, it's clear what I meant.
    Carriers cannot screw you over re BIS because the only control they have is whether it's on or off, and even for that I'm sure they have to contact RIM.
    Roaming fees, mistaken charges, raised costs, etc., of course carriers try to wring out as much profit as they can. But this thread is about BIS, not cellular service.

So are you saying I should feel like a criminal because Orange UK keep forgetting to charge for BIS on the prepay sim I have? No thank you, they got plenty of money from me over the years. The only reason I don't use it myself as my main line is because it doesn't allow roaming on it, bis only works in uk on prepay
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    So are you saying I should feel like a criminal because Orange UK keep forgetting to charge for BIS on the prepay sim I have? No thank you, they got plenty of money from me over the years. The only reason I don't use it myself as my main line is because it doesn't allow roaming on it, bis only works in uk on prepay
    Meh, it's still stealing. You are using a service for free that you know you should be paying for.

Downloading music illegally is still illegal even if the artist/record label doesn't sue you.

With that being said, I do find it odd how they have not taken care of this yet.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-08-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

@MADBRADNYC, it's only a "mutual agreement" to the poin that both parties agree that cellphones are increasingly becoming a primary necessity in life. Ergo; you don't always have a choice.

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    @MADBRADNYC, it's only a "mutual agreement" to the poin that both parties agree that cellphones are increasingly becoming a primary necessity in life. Ergo; you don't always have a choice.
    LoL. Now it's become ridiculous here.
    Show me where in any real telecom agreement (not the one you think it should be in your imagination), where... "it's only a "mutual agreement" to the poin that both parties agree that cellphones are increasingly becoming a primary necessity in life."???
    I have never read, or heard such language in an agreement. This is your personal utopia, not reality. I don't even know why I should respond to that. Hilarious.

Also...
    An agreement is an agreement. Period. That's why is states "AGREEMENT" on the documentation, or they ask you to enter an "AGREEMENT" over the phone, or digitally sign an "AGREEMENT" when asking for service online. If you want the luxury and convenience of a cell phone, agree to the terms of the "AGREEMENT". If not, then don't. Take some personal responsibility for your actions. Stop blaming "the man" or the "the carrier" for your subsequent woes. If you gotta ask... then you can't afford it. Stop complaining.

Umm, @GrahamF. That may be your personal view on things, however, you are incorrect.
    Cell phones are NOT a necessity whatsoever. You're totally off base. It is a convenience.
    I also guess because Internet/PCs are increasingly becoming a primary necessity in life (to some like you). Ergo; you don't always have a choice as well, correct?
    I choose not to feed into this nonsense.

Think Everyone Has a Smartphone? Think Again [STATS]

You are way too shallow in thought to think that any one of those are necessities.
    A necessity is food, clothing, and shelter. 82 percent of Americans own a cell phone. What are the other 18 percent doing? Dying? What about GrandMa who lives alone? What about my 5 year old just starting Kindergarten riding a bus alone? These people get along just fine without handheld devices. Aside from that fact that since we are on a BlackBerry site which discusses Smartphones, in which are even in less usage. Extra data plans for these devices would not be a necessity at all.

Anyway, Shane is correct that this thread is really about BIS data. And, there is nothing a carrier can do but either provide the service through their network, or disallow it.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

So, you're saying that there will never be a case where people would be forced into a contract, and the carrier pulls a stunt like, say, wiretapping.

Global Posts
    10,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Anyone who thinks cell phones are a "necessity" needs to spend some time in the real world. #justsayin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast