CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post BBM picture not changing on other contacts BBM?

This isn't really a big deal, just kind of annoying, but when I change my display picture on my bbm, it doesn't change on my friends' bb's. It still shows the old picture. Is there anyway to have this updated so everyone in my contacts sees my updated picture?
    Thanks!

PS - I've searched the forum for an answer to this, if its already been mentioned, please send me the link Thanks!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

I dont believe there is a magic setting to make it work.. I see people changing there pictures all the time
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

Hmm, i am guessing people have to power their phones down???
    CrackBerry Abuser

how many friends do you have on bbm? I heard that if you've got more than a 100, it stops sending out picture and status updates...
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    21E50A3A

Quote Originally Posted by nytrackstar View Post
    how many friends do you have on bbm? I heard that if you've got more than a 100, it stops sending out picture and status updates...
    IDK where you heard that but it's wrong. Sometimes it takes a while that's all. It happens to me too. But eventually it goes thru.
    Banned

It can depend on the settings of the other users BB. There is a setting to use contact images instead of BBM images.

People need to quit assuming and start giving real answers that can help.

I have attached a screen of the setting in BBM. It would need to be set the same for ALL your contacts for it to work with each one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BBM picture not changing on other contacts BBM?-ql_102232723.jpg   BBM picture not changing on other contacts BBM?-ql_102233313.jpg  
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 02-02-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by 3CISSBB View Post
    It can depend on the settings of the other users BB. There is a setting to use contact images instead of BBM images.

I have attached a screen of the setting in BBM. It would need to be set the same for ALL your contacts for it to work with each one.
    we got a tough guy on our hands...

so your not assuming anything? you know for a FACT that the setting you mentioned is his issue?

Ofcourse we all have to assume because there isnt much info in the OP other than "my pictures arent being updated on anyone elses bb"...

so a few of us took a guess as to what the issue might be, maybe we're wrong or maybe we're right..no need to talk down to anyone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

In case some of those people don't have that setting as pointed out above, you
    could always be much more sure if your pic is pushing through or not by actually
    having yourself as a contact on your list. I had myself on BBM to know for sure if
    my status and avatar were changing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 3CISSBB View Post

Calm down!!!!!! Temper temper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not Likely

When I first started using BBM I was unable to see my friends picture changes or updates, turned out I had a older version on my BB. Once I downloaded the new version it was fine.
    I have Evo_lved!
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

People, there is no need for name calling or any other drama.
    Knock it off please!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kejesc View Post
    This isn't really a big deal, just kind of annoying, but when I change my display picture on my bbm, it doesn't change on my friends' bb's. It still shows the old picture. Is there anyway to have this updated so everyone in my contacts sees my updated picture?
    Thanks!

PS - I've searched the forum for an answer to this, if its already been mentioned, please send me the link Thanks!!
    Its happened to me many times and there is a couple things I figured out...
    If you changed phones, and changed pins, even though you give people your new pin, unless they go into their actual phone book and change it, the phone keeps reading the old pin. Also, on most people, as annoying as it may sound, you would have to completely delete them and re-add them as a new person. It refreshes the system with the new pin and both of you will be in sync. ...and vice versa, make sure their pins match with yours.

Best bet would be to ask the people you actually care if they see your pic or not "what picture do you see" and then you can go from there one by one. I would get annoyed too because I had cool pictures all the time and no one would say anything, only to realize that the pics would never update!...until I figured it out and fixed it ...Hope this helps!