CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default bbm msg from rim (hoax)

Anyone else get this
    essage from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognize your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of $25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation. **Please do not ignore this message***

My gf bbm'd me with that msg......anyone else get this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Its BS!
    And those messages are driving us all nuts.

They can't even spell Jim's last name. It is NOT balsamic :-P

Global Posts
    23,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

u serious believe this? i have the titanic in my backyard and a third world country to sell you then too

did you pay attention to the name of the CEO?
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Whatever you do, don't forward it. Instead, inform the person who sent it to you that it was a fake and suggest they tell the person that sent it to them, etc. Maybe people start to learn that things like this a scams created by useless losers. Oh, and by the way, Balsamic is a type of vinegar... Not the co-CEO of RIM.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts

There's a sucker born every minute.
    Thanked by:
    thumper007 (12-09-2010) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    Whatever you do, don't forward it. Instead, inform the person who sent it to you that it was a fake and suggest they tell the person that sent it to them, etc. Maybe people start to learn that things like this a scams created by useless losers. Oh, and by the way, Balsamic is a type of vinegar... Not the co-CEO of RIM.

That right there made me laugh!
    What ever happened to swipe up for keyboard? I miss that

9530 > Droid Eris > 9530 > 9550 > Droid Incredible
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

No, it's true! I had a friend whose account was deleted because she didn't forward it to everybody!!! It was an awful day for her because a defective Glad plug-in air freshener burned down her house, then her doctor called to say her deodorant had given her breast cancer!!!

She is hoping to pay her bills with a big check that Bill Gates promised to send her if she forwarded a special tracking email to everyone she knows, but it hasn't arrived yet... or it might be buried in the avalanche of greeting cards she is collecting for the sick little boy who wants to get into the Guiness Book of World Records.

(Seriously, when somebody sends me somthing like that, I usually sign them up for a few dozen FREE PR0N services.)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Balsamic, love it!
    I would thank you Hare, but yours is a thankless job .

Go SF Giants!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I got the same msg, but it came from the other co-CEO, Mike Thousand IsLazaridis
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    private

Ballsillie And he would never BBM you
    Notches on my BlackBerry belt: (2003-present)
    7290 ☆ 7100 ☆ 8700 (x3) ☆ 8800 ☆ 8100 ☆ 8300 ☆ 9520 ☆ 8900 ☆ 9000 (x3) ☆ 9700 (x2) ☆ 9780 ☆ 9800 ☆ 8520 ☆ 9900 ☆ 9810 + Playbook ☆
    ★ Today: Q5 [white] ★
    My CB Feedback

Now I'm starting to question that email I got yesterday from "Facebook". It warned that "my account am may be the deleted"...
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
    No, it's true! I had a friend whose account was deleted because she didn't forward it to everybody!!! It was an awful day for her because a defective Glad plug-in air freshener burned down her house, then her doctor called to say her deodorant had given her breast cancer!!!

She is hoping to pay her bills with a big check that Bill Gates promised to send her if she forwarded a special tracking email to everyone she knows, but it hasn't arrived yet... or it might be buried in the avalanche of greeting cards she is collecting for the sick little boy who wants to get into the Guiness Book of World Records.

(Seriously, when somebody sends me somthing like that, I usually sign them up for a few dozen FREE PR0N services.)
    Oh that made me chuckle...

Global Posts
    9,972 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    u serious believe this? i have the titanic in my backyard and a third world country to sell you then too

did you pay attention to the name of the CEO?
    I was wondering where those went to! lmao, I'm selling a bridge....anyone interested?
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Ball Wizard!!!

Jim Balsamic..........

I wonder if he goes well with salad....?
    Peace is more than just the absence of conflict......
    If you find yourself arguing with me, don't worry. It happens to everybody.
    CrackBerry User

Hahahaha man ur funny

Global Posts
    5,186 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Whoever made this must be forever alone.

Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by bbstoof View Post
    Ballsillie And he would never BBM you
    Ballsillie?? lmao
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have never believed any of these mesg... Y would they rely on us to fwd there mesg makes no sense. But I do have a question is there a newer version of the bbm coming out soon?... The other day my profile pic disappeard and so did a handful of my contacts. I changed my pic but some ppl still see the old 1 I had... weired huh?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

Default BBM Profile pics issues

Quote Originally Posted by MIGz_NYC View Post
    I have never believed any of these mesg... Y would they rely on us to fwd there mesg makes no sense. But I do have a question is there a newer version of the bbm coming out soon?... The other day my profile pic disappeard and so did a handful of my contacts. I changed my pic but some ppl still see the old 1 I had... weired huh?
    The profile pic problem was very real. My friend and I discovered the same issue the other night. I checked the net and the problem has supposedly been resolved. They say to just update your profile pic again and everything should be ok. Oh BTW, the current version of BBM should be 5.0.1.41. Check the link below, for the BBM news.

RIM Says BlackBerry Messenger Avatars Should Now Be Updating In Most Regions | BlackBerryRocks.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

I looked up the ceo's names and I saw that it was misspelled and I would never think that rim would send a msg out like that via bbm anyways........my gf forwarded me the msg n I thought I would share it with all u freaks out there