Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM message

ok so i have gotten about 1/4 of my bbm contacts sending me this BBM message:

"This message is to inform all of our users, that our servers have recently been
    really full, so we are asking for your help to fix this problem. We need our
    active users to re-send this message to everyone on your contact list in order
    to confirm our active users that use BlackBerry Messenger, if you do not send
    this message to all your BlackBerry Messenger contacts then your account will
    remain inactive with the consequence of losing all your contacts
    Symbol will automatic update in your  ,when you broadcast this message. Your
    blackberry will be updated within 24 hours it will have a new lay out and a new
    color for chat
    ‎​Dear Blackberry users,
    We are going to do a update for bbm from
    11pm till 5am this to day. You if you don't send this to all your contacts your
    update will be cancelled and you would not be alowed to chat with your contacts
    as you have the old version."

please let me know if this is real or if it is a joke like the last time i have been trying to search for an answer so please link me to the thread if it has already been answered
    Verizon - Blackberry Bold
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts

Looks like someone is having fun spamming BBM accounts.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

again jeez im going to get these all tonight till 11 jeez i hate when people do this. i mean i back up my contacts every week anyway
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts

Just delete it.

Reply back to them and state that they are spamming you crap.

CrackBerry Addict

someone just forwarded me this message....i found this on snopes...the bb message is at the bottom of the page...

snopes.com: Free E-Mail/Instant Messaging/Social Networking Cancellation Hoax
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

here is my response

"Ok why would RIM tell everyone to mass BBM a message to all their contacts if there server is really full? Sending out this message would even further slow down their servers. Now RIM isn't that stupid"

and at least now all but 5 contacts have sent this to me. Haha well thanks for your help i almost fell for this
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask and ye shall receive

I hate when ppl do this ..... what a waste of time
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by xVENOMx View Post

"This message is to inform all of our users, that our servers have recently been
    color for chat
    ‎​Dear Blackberry users,

please let me know if this is real or if it is a joke like the last time i have been trying to search for an answer so please link me to the thread if it has already been answered
    Lol, people are so gullible
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    PIN
    I no longer give my pin out... Too many stalkers

Quote Originally Posted by xVENOMx View Post

color for chat
    ‎​Dear Blackberry users,

I get these about once a week. ITS FAKE. Why would RIM shutdown one of the best features of the blackberry? And honestly, if you had myspace when it was supposedly the best website on earth, you probably got this message 50 million times. People make up this hoax about every social networking site, instant messaging client, & so on everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if someone sent me something like this about Facebook tomorrow. Don't believe everything you hear. If its not directly coming frm RIM then its not true.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Blackberry Bold 9650 8/21/2010 - 3/12/2011
    Verizon iPhone 4 16GB 3/12/2011-12/15/2012
    Verizon iPhone 5 16GB 12/15/2012-2/15/2014
    VZW Samsung Galaxy S3 2/15/2014-
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,464 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!

omg this ish again. This is all bs, obviously everyone(just about) knows, and whoever doesnt know, is learning.
    My daughter panicked when she rec'd this bbm msg for the 1st time, passed around by one of her friends, and i said just delete it, its bullsnit.
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    L4K3R$

It's funny how many people forward this crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

If bbm is updating is more than likely app world will notify you.... >.>