Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question BBM Group Recovering

hey everyone,

Ive look at the other posts on there and took there advice. I had the admin of one group add me back, But now its showing 2 of the same group one that i'm with & one says waiting to join.

Is there anyway of deleating the "waiting to join groups" espically since one of the other groups im with, the admin switched BB's and didn't allow anyone else to be an admin in the group.

I just want the "waiting to join groups" to be deleated.

Any insight would be great.

Cheers
    CrackBerry User

Same problem here!
    Did a device swap with "Change device" in Desktop Manager. The contacts in BBM are working fine, however the Group in which I was the Admin can't get deleted...

Greets!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Unhappy

Any insight on this? I'm having the same problem...
    You're just jealous because the voices only speak to me!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

I have the same problem. I upgraded to the Bold 9900 and restored the BBM contacts on the new device. There is a BBM Group that shows the following message:

Waiting to join...

When I click on the message, yet another message appears that reads as follows:

This group is being recovered. Please wait until one of the members removes you and allows you to re-join.

It appears that the organizer of the aforesaid BBM Group has abandoned it because I cannot get him to remove me.

Am I stuck with the Waiting to join... message?
    My primary smartphone timeline: Curve 8300 > Curve 8310 > Bold 9000 > Bold 9700 > Torch 9800 > Bold 9900 > Z10 > Q10 > iPhone 6 Plus
    My favorite BlackBerry advice: "Treat your BlackBerry as you would treat your toothbrush: do not share it with anyone and replace it often."
    CrackBerry User

After updating the OS I got a message that said, that I have a group with no users/ no admins and that the group will be deleted.
    Problem solved...
    Greets!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24BF98CB

Default Re: BBM Group Recovering

@ecustomer, this message will never go away. it's happened to me. I had to reload my OS to get rid of it
    BB4LIF3
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BE26314

When you back up your device via DM, TURN ALL CONNECTIONS OFF. Once you've loaded your OS/hybrid, restore your back up with connections still off. Once it restores, you should be good to go after you've turned on your signal.

I used to have the same issue, as I load a new hybrid like every week. Was told by the 'pros' to turn off connections and it won't mess up the groups no more.