CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM Group Chat Problem

I've been experiencing this problem lately, even before RIM was having data trouble. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or maybe it's just me.

Let's say I'm in a group chat with 3 other people. Let's call them Jack, Jane, and Lily. Well if I started the chat with Jack and began to add people from there my convo list would show "Jack et al." Well all of a sudden I start to get "Jane et al" and "Lily et al" out of nowhere. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? In the 2 years that I've used BBM I've never had this problem and I do a lot of group chatting with my friends.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    PIN
    266f723b

i just learned today that the et al is latin for the others . just means all the ppl in your conv are there .

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by romeo204 View Post
    i just learned today that the et al is latin for the others . just means all the ppl in your conv are there .
    I knew the "et al" was indicating that it's a group chat. I'm wondering why I keep getting different convos opening up as I stated in the original post.
    CrackBerry Genius

Are they different convos or is the main convo just changing status. For example, if Jane responds prior to Lily does it say Jane et. al? Same for Lily responding before Jane (Lily et. al)?
    CrackBerry Abuser

could also have to do with the last added contact to the convo

ex. Jane et. al, then you add Lily, and it changes to Lily et. al, etc...

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by S7ar Scr3am View Post
    Are they different convos or is the main convo just changing status. For example, if Jane responds prior to Lily does it say Jane et. al? Same for Lily responding before Jane (Lily et. al)?
    No. Three different conversations in the convo list. "Jack et al" "Jane et al" "Lily et al"
    CrackBerry Genius

Do all the convos have the same chat dialogue? (forgive if that's a stupid question, but it may be of use) This seems really strange. Did this happen on previous OS versions?

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Do all the convos have the same chat dialogue? (forgive if that's a stupid question, but it may be of use) This seems really strange. Did this happen on previous OS versions?
    Some stop at a certain thing and only one truly is the real chat. It's weird.

Yes I did. From .216 to .234 to .237 now. But the same thing happens with other guys in the chat. Most of them have Curves so I know it's an RIM thing. This is why I'm wondering if other people in other areas have had this problem.
    CrackBerry Genius

POE, I'm trying a conference chat right now with some of my contacts. So far, it's only showing one et. al from the initial person that I started the chat with.

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Keep the chat going for a while. All of a sudden it'll say "so and so has left the chat" when they really haven't. Then that's where the other convos start to open up.
    CrackBerry Genius

Ok, I'll keep it going and let you know what happens.
    CrackBerry Genius

How long have did you keep up the group chat until you noticed the problem? I still don't see it. I haven't even seen "so and so has left the chat".

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

How long have did you keep up the group chat until you noticed the problem? I still don't see it. I haven't even seen "so and so has left the chat".
    I was in a chat again earlier and the same thing. Takes a few minutes. It's happening to all of them as a matter of fact.
    CrackBerry Genius

POE, are all your contacts on different carriers? Maybe I'm not having that problem because all the people I BBM are on AT&T.

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Most of them are on AT&T.
    CrackBerry Genius

Damn... I'm stumped. It doesn't make sense. Sorry I couldn't help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default the same thing happen with me

Smae thing with me
    CrackBerry Newbie

im having the same issues aswell.....