CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM doesn't work

Hey guys. I jsut got a 9700 and the bbm is not working i tried adding a friend and he wont recieved the friend request. i also tried requesting him and nothing works..i have a 1kb =1cent data plan. not sure what is the issue here..am a noob take it easy on me. any advice, help, tips?

thanks a million
    CrackBerry Abuser

It sounds like you don't have a BlackBerry data plan, which is necessary to use BBM, as it uses RIM's servers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Talk to your carrier about adding on a data plan and all of your BBM problems will be solved.

No data plan, no BBM.

CrackBerry User

Exactly, sounds like you don't have a Blackberry dataplan - call your Carrier or drop by a store and ask them to subscribe you to a Blackberry dataplan. Either that, or the phone is stolen and the BBM is blocked.

Go to the BBM app on your 9700, hit the blackberry button, and then go to "My Profile" or whatever it's called - and see if your PIN is there under the "PIN" heading, or if it said "NULL" or "VOID" or "INVALID" or something.

Edit: Oh, also, if you literally just got the phone, like in the last 24 hours, it may be that the carrier's network is a little slow and your phone hasn't been registered to the network yet. It took mine about 16 hours to fully work (i.e. BBM and other apps that require BIS didn't work for 16hrs after I got it). So give it some time. If you want to, you could go to "Options" > "Advanced Options" > "Host Routing Tables" and hit the blackberry button, then choose "Register" if you think it'll help.

Also, you said "1kb =1cent"

So... $10.24 for a megabyte? \o/
    Last edited by smokestash; 09-02-2010 at 10:57 PM.

PIN

Found this post in the general blackberry discussion forums.

Duplicate thread eh?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bbm-not-working-523853/

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian2nv7 View Post
    Hey guys. I jsut got a 9700 and the bbm is not working i tried adding a friend and he wont recieved the friend request. i also tried requesting him and nothing works..i have a 1kb =1cent data plan. not sure what is the issue here..am a noob take it easy on me. any advice, help, tips?

thanks a million
    sounds like you have t-mo. the 1kb = 1 cent is not a "data plan", which is why BBM won't work. data plans require a monthly fee, not a pay per use.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    4 x 5532349

Especially at that price. At 1 cent per kilobyte, and assuming 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte, my bill would be over $5000/month.
    ::: Device History:::
    AT&T: Nokia 5165 --> Nokia 2260 --> Nokia 3361 ---> Cingular: Motorola V180 --> Motorola V220 ---> T-Mobile USA: BB 8100 --> BB 8120 --> BB 9700 --> MyTouch3G Slide --> Google Nexus One

Fix your phantom LED blinks
    | Twitter @mitchsurp

If I helped you, please click the "Thanks" button. It's just right over there. ===>
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,845 Global Posts
    PIN
    Upon PM Request

That said FB, Twitter and PIN should not work as well.

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

hey all..Thank you very mucH!!! i owe ya 1
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question bbm not working at all

on my blackberry curve 8310 i cant seem to find my bbm pin, ive added some friends and they haven't received the request either could somebody help?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Louise Mohan View Post
    on my blackberry curve 8310 i cant seem to find my bbm pin, ive added some friends and they haven't received the request either could somebody help?
    In BBM view your profile and your PIN is there. Also make sure your BIS/BES is working.
    BB Torch forever

OS 6.0.0.668
    FB 2.0.0.50
    Twitter 2.0.0.16
    BBM 6.0.1.29
    Follow me on Twitter
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey my bbm is not working its saying associating bbm with your blackberry id what. Does that mean could u help me out

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Hughes View Post
    Hey my bbm is not working its saying associating bbm with your blackberry id what. Does that mean could u help me out
    Did you update bbm? Have you tried rebooting? Already did a backup selectively of bbm and restored it?
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)