Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. fkw
    fkw is offline
    fkw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Unhappy BBM doesn't want to add contacts - WHY?????

    SO SAD, my Pearl 8130 BBM will not add contacts. Each time I add the contact, the phone sends a request (quite usual) but the contact is ME. so I go through the motions (open, accept etc) and I end up adding myself as a contact. It is no fun pinging oneself. HELP!:
  2. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,819 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #2  

    Default

    open BBM > press menu > add contact > scroll to Use Once
    BUT NOT CLICK THIS
    instead press menu again > Request By Pin > enter the PIN of the person
    you are trying to add
    > edit message if you wish, if not press OK and you
    are done.
  3. fkw
    fkw is offline
    fkw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fkw View Post
    SO SAD, my Pearl 8130 BBM will not add contacts. Each time I add the contact, the phone sends a request (quite usual) but the contact is ME. so I go through the motions (open, accept etc) and I end up adding myself as a contact. It is no fun pinging oneself. HELP!:
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    open BBM > press menu > add contact > scroll to Use Once
    BUT NOT CLICK THIS
    instead press menu again > Request By Pin > enter the PIN of the person
    you are trying to add
    > edit message if you wish, if not press OK and you
    are done.

    BUT why is the phone sending requests to my email - it essentially changes the contact's email and replaces it with my own.
  4. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,819 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #4  

    Default

    Only thing I can think of is you are (A) requesting by email and
    (B) entering your own PIN as opposed to the PIN of the
    person you wish to contact.

    PM me your PIN if you want to test all this out.
  5. fkw
    fkw is offline
    fkw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    what exactly is your PIN - mine is a alphanumeric string. Yours look like words. Do I enter the space between ky AND tuscadero?
  6. fkw
    fkw is offline
    fkw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    the phone won't let me enter letters, only numbers. Is your PIN : ky Tuscadero?
  7. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,819 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #7  

    Default

    No, the PIN in my profile is a joke. Pinky Tuscadero was Fonzie's
    girlfriend on the sitcom Happy Days.

    When I said PM, me, click my screen name and you'll see
    "Send Private Message" click that and send me your actual PIN
  8. fkw
    fkw is offline
    fkw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    OH!!! OK, so there is a reason why they call us newbie's
  9. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,819 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fkw View Post
    OH!!! OK, so there is a reason why they call us newbie's
    No worries, we all were at one point

Posting Permissions