Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM disappeared!

Hi everyone,

Just got the new Bold 9900, really like it, but my BBM has disappeared from the instant messaging folder and I no longer have the option to click 'send via bbm' (you know, when you hit the bbm menu button to open options).

I used desktop manager (Mac) to transfer my old apps, media, contacts, messages, and a few settings across from my Storm 2 (which was running BBM6), and was prompted to install an update for BBM, which I did, but now it's nowhere to be seen. I've done several battery pulls, and although BBM still appears under application management in the options menu, it can't be deleted/uninstalled or opened.

I've tried to reinstall BBM via desktop manager, but it's just not there in the list of applications I can install/uninstall.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, as this issue is holding me back from enjoying my new phone!

Thanks,

Tom

EDIT: I'm now doing a security wipe, having backed up just contacts and messages, will try and download BBM fresh. If It works I'll post back, might help people with the same problem
    Last edited by tomedkins; 09-22-2011 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Extra info
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Sorted!!

OK so I guess this is a lesson NOT to try and copy apps from the older OS onto a new BB

I did a security wipe, set up email accounts again, reinstalled BBM but none of my older apps, and all is right with the world!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,540 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

Glad ya figured it out - I was gonna say there have been some hiccups when transferring anything but your address book/BBM contacts from OS6 to OS7.
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

I had my BBM disappear, but I didn't do a security wipe.

I just went to www.blackberry.com/messenger from my BlackBerry Browser and installed it directly. Much more simple.