Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm sorry for commenting in the middle of a thread but I am having the same problem as well. Just updated to 7.1 and everything seemed to be working amazing but at 2 pm today I noticed I hadn't been getting BBM messages for about an hour or so because I was waiting on a message as someone was coming to my place. He just showed up and asked if my phone was broken lol. People can receive messages from me through BBM but I can't receive messages myself or see status updates but everything else on my phone works fine. Just BBM that doesn't work. I have tried just about everything mentioned here by BigBadWulf, Thank you by the way.. Hopefully RIM resolves this problem by the morning but I am going to keep playing aruond and checking the thread. Thank you. - Dave
    BOLD 9900 Just Updated to 7.1
    Carrier - Rogers
    BBM stopped working. Everything else works fine.
    Tried almost everything on here but still playing around
    Just want to see if anyone else gets it resolved on their own as well.
    Thank You

Global Posts
    35,401 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Mellon View Post
    I'm sorry for commenting in the middle of a thread but I am having the same problem as well. Just updated to 7.1 and everything seemed to be working amazing but at 2 pm today I noticed I hadn't been getting BBM messages for about an hour or so because I was waiting on a message as someone was coming to my place. He just showed up and asked if my phone was broken lol. People can receive messages from me through BBM but I can't receive messages myself or see status updates but everything else on my phone works fine. Just BBM that doesn't work. I have tried just about everything mentioned here by BigBadWulf, Thank you by the way.. Hopefully RIM resolves this problem by the morning but I am going to keep playing aruond and checking the thread. Thank you. - Dave
    My inclination is it's a server error, and that both of you deleting each other from BBM, then one reinviting will resolve it, but......

Before that, try registering through the Host Routing Table in Options, then pulling the battery for a minute a minute later. If that doesn't work, switch off Wi-Fi, if that's what you're on.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Mac_Mellon likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

It's not just me and him that can't message each other it's everyone in my bbm list. I can message them but they can't message me.I tried registering again and battery pull but still nothing. I will try the delete each other thing and i will send him an invite because I know my msg's still get thru to him.
    Carrier - Rogers
    Thank You
    CrackBerry Newbie

We just deleted each other and I sent a request but nothing. It has to be something on one of the networks because of the upodate or something like that. Oh well.. I'm sure it;ll come back before the world ends I guess
    Carrier - Rogers
    Thank You

Global Posts
    35,401 Global Posts
    PIN

You've only one day left!

By chance, is there a BBM group involved at all?

Since your messages aren't going through, try having them send the invite. Also, try sending a pin message.

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

I did have a group with my 4 friends but it has disappeared. I just tested email and that works. I will try sending a pin message now
    Carrier - Rogers
    Thank You

Global Posts
    35,401 Global Posts
    PIN

Define "disappeared"

Any clue what carrier you all are on, and how close to each other?

CrackBerry Newbie

I did the OTA install to go back to previous version of BBM and the group is not there anymore I'm on Rogers. They are on Bell and Virgin probably. I don't think I am going to find a fix for this. Maybe it's because my phone is unlocked and on another network and I just recently updated or there is a problem on RIM's end and I hope they fix it soon because I'm cut off from all my friends
    Carrier - Rogers
    Thank You
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Mellon View Post
    I did the OTA install to go back to previous version of BBM and the group is not there anymore I'm on Rogers. They are on Bell and Virgin probably. I don't think I am going to find a fix for this. Maybe it's because my phone is unlocked and on another network and I just recently updated or there is a problem on RIM's end and I hope they fix it soon because I'm cut off from all my friends
    sorry, and I tried PIN messaging myself but I'm not sure if it worked. Came up with a d for delivered and I PIN msg'd my friend but I think he went to bed. We live maybe a couple miles apart? I dunno
    Carrier - Rogers
    Thank You

Global Posts
    35,401 Global Posts
    PIN

Awwwwww! Hang in there. It'll get fixed.

What network were you on, and when did you switch?

I'll catch ya in the morning.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks man.. I've actually always been on Rogers it's just that the phone I took from them was the Curve 9360 but I had an accident with it and purchased a brand new Bold 9900 :-D from a friend but it was a Bell phone I think so I went ahead and unlocked it. Like I say, everything else on my phone seems to be working fine, it is just BBM that will not budge. Stopped working about 8 hours ago. Haven't got one reply on the blackberry forums yet though lol, started at the same time. Hopefully it works in the morning Talk to you then, thanks man.. -Dave ZZZZZzzzzz
    Carrier - Rogers
    Thank You

Global Posts
    35,401 Global Posts
    PIN

If it's still not working when you get up, try taking the battery out for 15 minutes, then register yet again through HRT.

I presume it was working on that specific phone, before the BBM upgrade-downgrade.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thank you so much BigBadWulf! i followed the link and downgraded BBM and finally after 2 weeks my BBM is working again!
    CrackBerry User

For anyone having issues with BBM7 not working you can always roll back to BBM6.

You can use BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and nuke the phone.
    (Make sure you do a custom back up your phone first with BlackBerry Desktop Software and uncheck all BBM options otherwise this will restore BBM7 and would be pointless.)

BBM 7 server error-1.1.png

You should then get a white screen with "Error 507 Reinstall Operating System"

Once you get error 507 then start BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Update, then Repair.
    BBM 7 server error-2.jpg

BBM 7 server error-3.jpg

It should promt you that an update is avalible. Select get update
    BBM 7 server error-4.jpg

This will re-install the BB OS and included is BBM6.

Once the OS is installed restore the phone and then you should have BBM 6 Back
    I have done this 3 times tonight with a bold 9780, but had no issues installing BBM7 on my bold 9900.

Hope this will help someone....

Global Posts
    35,401 Global Posts
    PIN

There's absolutely zero reason to wipe a BlackBerry, simply to downgrade BBM. That's using a hand grenade to kill a fly.

CrackBerry Newbie

Default bbm not working

yeah this has happened to me aswell are there any solutions
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default It worked

Registering and pulling battery worked ...thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

me to ib bb 8520
    CrackBerry Newbie

Wink

Hello my bbm dosent work and its the same problem as yours but I got a bb9320 plz reply back as soon as possible!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default need help!!

i accidently deleted my bbm. i downloaded the latest one (bbm 7) i am now currently stuck on a page where it says 'welcome to BlackBerry messenger' and it wont let me press anything. by the way, im using the blackberry curve.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blue screen

Hi there. I had exactly the same thing happening to me and I am so frustrated. I didn't want to upgrade, but as my messages weren't going through on my old bbm 6 I decided to upgrade. Bad decision
    I tried doing what you suggested, BIGBADWULF: deleting BBM on my device, rebooting, opening App World, opening my world, holding alt, press r s t. Reopening App World and installing BBM again but it still gives me the blue screen. PLEASE HELP
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Two distinct issues.

OP - It sounds like a server problem, but try Options->Host Routing Table->menu->Register Now. Wait a couple minutes, pull the battery for a minute and replace.

Post #2 - Delete BBM on your device, reboot, open App World, open your world, hold alt, press r s t. Reopen App World and install BBM again.

Hi there BigBadWulf. You seem to know what's going on here. I'm sorry to bother you, but I had exactly the same thing happening to me and I am so frustrated. I didn't want to upgrade, but as my messages weren't going through on my old bbm 6 I decided to upgrade. Bad decision
    I tried deleting BBM on my device, rebooting, opening App World, opening my world, holding alt, press r s t. Reopening App World and installing BBM again but it still gives me the blue screen saying a "temp BBM server error has occured". I took the battery out and rebooted again but to no avail. I don't know how to find the host routing table to how to downgrade back to version 6. PLEASE HELP
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry Carolanne

Hi I am having the same issue with Blackberry messenger very annoying
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do I delete bbm it's really bugging me I have just upgraded to the newest version it's my first blackberry it's a blackberry torch btw and I'm just getting a blue screen and it keeps saying please finish you setup of bbm but it won't let me?
    CrackBerry Newbie

@BigBadWulf

You rock man, I was having the same problem as the OP and Voila! It worked after the 2nd battery pull.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast