Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM 5 Restoring Contacts

Hi guys, I decided to downgrade to OS 4.6.1.310 from the latest OS 5 version as it seemed to be a bit slow for me. I did everything on the downgrade section though an error came up saying it did not restore everything at the end and I had to manually do this.

My messages and phonebook contacts were recovered but my blackberry messenger contacts were not. Prior to this I had backed up my contacts to my email accounts but when I try to retrieve it now an error saying it is currently being registered with the blackberry messenger service appears and it will not let me restore my contacts. If anyone has any suggestions please do help..Thanks
    CrackBerry User

i'm having the same problem man... upgraded from 5.0.190 to .314 restored my device but there was no no contacts on my bb contact list. Please note that a group i created in bbm5 was restored, i have about 24 members, didnt lose any!! But where are my regular contacts??????
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30FB9D72

Unhappy

Im having that same issue but everyone still can see me please email me if you have a solution
    follow me www.twitter.com/mzhelen86
    sprint Tour running OS: 5.0
    CrackBerry User

2 things to try:

1. If you have a backup taken with desktop manager then just try to restore it (choose advanced and you can restore just the BlackBerry Messenger database).

2. If you registered an email with BBM 5.0 try the wireless restore.