Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM 5.0 is BUGGY!

Takes a while before my friend gets the message and the messages aren't in order. I would also receive the message before they get the "D". She thinks her phone is acting up but its not her phone. I tested this on my cousins 8900 and I'm sure its the new BBM.

How is everyone's BBM 5.0?

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 07-18-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    yep on my BB

Sorry not working out for you. Works great on mine running .100

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me.

Correct it is buggy. But works fine on my 8900

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky toes! :)

Works great for me. For the messages not being in order, did you select how you want to sort the chats by? If you go into options you can sort the chats by activity or alphabet.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ky's Records

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Takes a while before my friend gets the message and the messages aren't in order. I would also receive the message before they get the "D". She thinks her phone is acting up but its not her phone. I tested this on my cousins 8900 and I'm sure its the new BBM.

--HeavyC.

It happened to me too. Buggy at first. I decided to do a wipe on m device and reinstalled it and now works like a charm. Guess it was a bad install.
    Every time I think about a hot model with a pink curve I end up with blue bolds!!!!

There is a higher probability that something is wrong with you and NOT your new 9700!!! The sooner you accept that reality, the happier you will be.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Ok it works, but not all messages go through. I could send 5 messages at once and 1 wouldn't go through.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by rizzzzoooo View Post
    It happened to me too. Buggy at first. I decided to do a wipe on m device and reinstalled it and now works like a charm. Guess it was a bad install.
    So do a backup then wipe my phone and restore everything then reinstall BBM 5.0?

--HeavyC.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Why?

Mine is a bit buggy too... I put pic up but my other contacts with 5.0 don't see it. I wanna wipe it and reinstall but I don't wanna have to re-add my contacts again! Not sure if the Back-Up feature for the Contacts works yet... Anybody try it yet?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask

My old BBM was buggy too with all the same problems you are describing. Trying 5.0 now and I don't expect it to be much better other than the interface and customaization ability. If you search the posts, many people have had delays in BBM messages, missing messages, people's status being reported incorrectly etc for quite some time. Love the new look and features though
    ---------------------------WOOF!---------------------------
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

I'm having the same issues....
    CrackBerry User

how do you wipe it and reinstall everything. Same thing with my bbm.
    CrackBerry User

Considering it was a *leaked* release, and not official (unless I missed something), bugs should kinda be expected...think of it as an un-official beta... :-)

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Works great for me. No issues at all today using it.
    iPhone 4 16 GB Black
    Carrier: Rogers

Visit my BlackBerry Theme Store today!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by maryannparks View Post
    Considering it was a *leaked* release, and not official (unless I missed something), bugs should kinda be expected...think of it as an un-official beta... :-)

We are fully aware of that, doesn't mean we can't point out that it's buggy. Plus some are working just fine.
    Who but me?!
    --HeavyC.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ky's Records

So do a backup then wipe my phone and restore everything then reinstall BBM 5.0?

--HeavyC.

That did it for me. I wasn't sure what to do and that was the info I got and low and behold it works fine now. Just that it took me a while seeing that the wipe, restore and reinstall took me about 30 mins or so.

PS>>>MAKE SURE YOU BACK EVERYTHING UP.
    Last edited by rizzzzoooo; 07-19-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    Every time I think about a hot model with a pink curve I end up with blue bolds!!!!

There is a higher probability that something is wrong with you and NOT your new 9700!!! The sooner you accept that reality, the happier you will be.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

If I reinstall will I lose all my contacts?
    Who but me?!
    --HeavyC.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I have someone elses ... One of my friends contact list now? Wtf.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ky's Records

If I reinstall will I lose all my contacts?
    It did not happen to me. All went smooth. I had all my contacts there...but then again I only have 9 BBM contacts so I was not too worried. Not sure what you want to do if you have tons of contacts. I am wondering also if different results could happen with different devices. This is what I did...I wiped my device...I then restored it with a back up that did not have the new BBM...I downloaded another comp copy of the leaked BBM to my comp....replaced those cod files with the ones I had in my java folder (they were the same seeing they were all already from the previous BBM DL. this was just an extra step I took to make sure there was nothing wrong with the java files I had.)..then reinstalled as usual on my bold and vuola it now works just fine.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ky's Records

PS...I also turned my radio off to make sure that no call, text, or email would interrupt the install ( sorry but I am neurotic like that). Some people say that is not important and others do. I do it to bee on the safe side.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Just a warning......

If u and a friend have the same email address getting pushed to your phone, you might get the other persons list.

I don't know how to change the "recovery email" address. But if anyone does, chime me in. Lol.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    24ABEF54

You know most of the issues seem like that have coe from ppl that have tried OTA installs. I pushed it out using DM and this this is rock solid. Now there is a known bug with avatars not sharing and you never know that could be a feature that needs to be turned on, on RIM's side or it could be a bug. I do not care the app works great and it is a **** of a lot easier on the eyes.
    CrackBerry Newbie

How is everyone's BBM 5.0?

--HeavyC.

mine's did the same sometimes
    and it is sending double msg to my active contact even if i dont type anything yet...

i just curious if its the bug from the bbm itself or from the provider
    or it is just i downloaded the leaked version not the OTA one..

i do back up all contacts to my SD and willing to reinstall the OTA version one...would it be restore all the contacts from my SD if i lost all the current existing contact ?? has anyone experienced nd try this before ??
    The girl who waited

Global Posts
    1,854 Global Posts

This has been happening a lot suddenly tonight, for a lot of users including me. I don't know if it's BBM 5.0 itself, or if RIM is having issues.

This was posted on Twitter tonight:
    (@branden3112RT @Jsanders10): Short RIM BIS down time tonight, 15 minutes, 2-6am EDT window all carriers 100%. Maybe they're upgrading the BBM server

So hopefully it will work itself out. I don't think it's coincidence that it was working fine for everyone (or most people) and then suddenly stopped. To me that's not buggy, thats a RIM problem.

Anyway, good luck to us all!!
  24. BLu
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts

Hmmmmm..... bugs for me today too.
    Worked fine yesterday, other than one particular person refusing to 'link' to main contact.

Today I'm only seeing 'D' on some of my sent messages, and not getting 'R' on any.
    It's a shame.........but I'm going back 'til this is official/sorted.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2625CCD9

Mine is working fine I think....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast